Year Check up = crock of shit!!!!

bob2331

twin mummy
Reaction score
Hey Ladies,

Well today was the day for Harry 1 year check up with the neonatal doctor!

Point one - He isnt even a year yet, only 8 months corrected, yet they HAVE to see him now because he is a year even thought they dont look at him as a year!!! The doctor we see, dont get me wrong, he very good at his stuff but people skills are not his thing, he was the same doctor who came to see me when my waters broke at 20 weeks and told me matter of factly that i will miscarry both twins!!!! :cry: so i dont think that much of him as a doctor some times!!!!

So, we go in and of course the first thing that is mentioned is Harry head!!
Here we go again, everytime we go and see a doctor or anyone is the medical field, the first thing they mention is the size of Harry's head!!!!

Its always been on the larger size, compared to his body, everything is massive!

Anyway, so of he goes to measure the said massive head, does it twice then go and gets another doctor to check the messurement as well!

55.6 cm!

Now i dont think that sounds that big but then again, i have never meausred my own head (i so will by the end of the night)

So he is WAY OFF the chart for his head so once again they are suspecting Hydrocephalus, we have had this before and they were keeping an eye on it but then the measurements stayed stable in the 75th centile so it stopped being a worry.

Now i know im no doctor, well not a qualifed one, but i have read all about hydro and im sorry, but harry does not have it!!!! I dont care what they say!

He is also worried that the size could be a sign on another brain bleed, he had a small one at 24 hours old but then nothing was ever mentioned again with all the other scans.

Would i not be aware he harry had a brain bleed???????
:wacko:
They are sending us to ST George's for a CT scan !

Seriously, they seem to use harry and tell us he has anything and everything!! i reckon i will go back next week to be told he is really a girl with 6 arms (i know that sounds funny but thats what it feels like):growlmad:

Apart from bigheaditis, the doctor is pleased with Harry, said his weight could be bigger (so could your breath) and that he should really do at least an hour of tummy time a day, no chance, harry hates it and rolls over straight away!!!

Harry spent the 2 hours chatting away, clapping oh and did i forget to mention, peeing on the doctor!!!!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::thumbup::thumbup:
Anyway, i needed to right it down, bloody doctors!!!
Hope everyones little miracles are doing good and behaving :0) xx

Also forgot to mention that harry's lenght is 66.9cm!!!

When i look at it like that, he head must be big or his body is really short!!!

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Doctors are poo heads, they dont think about what they are saying and how it could be coming across to you.

Stay strong, you know Harry better than anyone.
xx

doctors are f**cking pains sometimes pardon the french but they are, and even if he does have a bigger head than average (as they think Ellie does too) so bloody what!!! maybe thats just him!!! and there are nicer bloody ways to come across with things like that anyway xx

My babies head is big too, our consultant said it was really common in premature babies as all the nutrients go to brain first - he said her body would catch up later when she's a toddler.

My babies head is big too, our consultant said it was really common in premature babies as all the nutrients go to brain first - he said her body would catch up later when she's a toddler.

Thats what i thought but the doctor told me its too big for that!!! i remember someone telling me (poss the health visitor) that the head is normally the size of the actual age whereas the body is the size of the corrected age!!

Stupid Doctors! I had a huge head as a baby. :dohh:

Yea I think every preemie has a bigger head =)
My Goddaughter was born at 25+2 wks and her head was always ´´bigger``
today she is 3 and it looks totally fine =D

docs are stupid sometimes hunn, and like you said HE DEFF has no people skills =P

- Good job peeing Harry lol -

I hate to be the lone voice of descent but his head really does sound on the large side. My babies are 15 months actual, and almost 12 months adjusted, and their heads were measured yesterday and were 44cm and 44.8cm.

I think if I were you I'd be glad they are following it up just to be on the safe side. The worst that can happen is he has a few unnecessary tests which show he is fine.

Thats what i thought but the doctor told me its too big for that!!! i remember someone telling me (poss the health visitor) that the head is normally the size of the actual age whereas the body is the size of the corrected age!!

Thats an interesting fact - I just worked out that her head is on 9th centile for actual age and her weight and length are on 9th centile for adjusted age so it looks like your HV could be spot on. And at some point I guess her body will catch up to being 9th centile for actual too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->