Yellow Bump = Sidney Jay Sonnex's Birth Story -12/01/2010

kerry1904

Reaction score
Sidney Jay Sonnex, born 12/01/2011 at 13.27 weighing 7lbs7oz at 37+6

This is my first baby.......

Monday 10th Jan:

I had been to work as normal, had come home, hada bath and was sitting down to watch my daily dose of Eastenders at 8pm......was looking forward to the 1st episode ofone born every minute too! So, I went to the loo just before Eastenders and I had finished peeing, got up slightly to wipe and I noticed I was still trickling........so I stood away from the toilet (kind of infront of it)......within one minute there was a sizxeable puddle beneath me! My OH Marc was out for the evening and so I had my Mum around, I shouted out to her that I think my waters had broken, she shouted back "dot be silly you havent even had a pain" -so I told her to get in the bathroom, her face dropped when she realised! She walked away, told me to call the hospital and she said, "Im going to be a Grandma (its her first grandchild), I better start tidying" lol, the house was immaculate, I think it was just the nerves.

Anyhow, I called Marc and told him to get home, called the hospital, they thought my waters hadnt really gone, but told me to go in and get checked. So at 9,30pm, I got in my car anddrove me and Marc to the hospital, we were at the Day Assesment Unit as the Labour Ward was too busy (delightful)! The Midwife assessed me and said - "Yes, your waters have gone, even a blind person could see that" - I have to say by this point the water was coming out a lot faster, my dress and tights were soaked!

They didnt check up on us again till gone midight, she said 90% of women will go into labour naturally so they will send me home to return 24 hrs later for induction if it didnt start on its own. Anyway, at about 12.30pm she did all the usual, bp, urine, temp etc. She wasnt happy with my temp, said she wanted to do it again, did it again, said it was very high. I was staying in, they needed to keep an eye on me and the temperature apparently!

SO Marc and I were stuck in the Day Assesment Unit while they looked for abed on the labour ward for me, I was not allowed in the nice Birthing Centre now! I told Marc to go home and go to work on thge 11th as I still hadnt had one single pain and I wanted to make use of his paternity leave.

Tuesday 11th Jan:

6am, finally moved me to labour ward, got checked told my temp was still high and they wanted to induce me, called Marc told him not to go to work, he was back with us at 10am (visiting hours), my Mum also came with my bag as I was still in my dress and tights lol (all wet as waters dont really stop, so its quite uncomfortable), midwife said they'll try the pessory gel in me, they did that and she said she expects that'll start my contractions, its now 6pm, still not had one contraction, they said they really need to get my labour going as baby has been without his waters for 24hrs now and my bloods had shown an infection, so they were worried about baby, baby was fine on the monitor at this point.

They told me at 10pm, they were calling an agency midwife in as I needed the hormone drip and they had no spare midwives as I would need complete 1 to 1 care from a dedicated midwife, she arrived at 12pm midnight - so we didnt get the cool 11/01/11 birthday for our bump we hoped for! She strogly recommended I get an epidural as I hadnt even had one tightening let alone contraction and the drip was sure to make it happen fast and she didnt want my body goig into shock and me tearing etc.....so 3am, we had the epidural, she then started the drip and said we'd have the baby before her shift finished (at 4pm on the 12th Jan)......I thought yeah whatever, they've all said that (we had had about 5 different midwives by this point).

Wednesday 12th Jan:

Anyway, I slept from 3am - 9/10am ish.....Marc was alseep on the mat on the floor, I woke and told the midwife that I could feel loads of pressure in my bum, that it felt really heavy - at this point I still hadnt fely any pain at all. She said she was going to examine me, Marc was still asleep, she looked and said right - Im off to get the delicvery pack, I woke Marc up and said he had better go and get some breakfast and call anyone he needed to lol! I was so excited, my Mum was there within 30 mins........

Anyhow, midwife came back, said start pushing.........I did, this was about noon now, I pushed till about 1pm, she told me te baby had lots of dark hair, asked if I wanted to feel, I said no.........she said ca Daddy and Nanny have a look, I said no........I remember being very hot and drinking lots of water. At 1pm she said she wanted to cut me to help me, I said I really didnt want that and asked if she minded if I pushed for a bit longer, she said she would need to check with the head midwife.....head midwife came in, had a feel said I did not need to be cut and there was plenty of room, said to get me in stirrups, anyhow, legs up, I kept pushing, it stung alot, but it was NOWHERE near as bad as I had expected.......I could tell the baby was close as Marc and my Mums faces said it all, Marc was fantastic, cold flannels, encouraging words, held my hand, spoke to me, and by the end him and my Mum were right down that end watching it all unfold, I got the babies head out and Marc was crying.....telling me how much hair the baby had, encouraging me to push big next time to get the baby out. My Mum was speechless, she was just crying and smiling, the baby was crying with just the head out, it was amazing. Next push was a big one and out popped our beautiful baby, the head midwife stayed with us.....I think everyone wanted to know if it was going to be a girl or boy! The midwife held the baby up and I saw clear as day he was a little boy! I was crying so hard I could barely see..........he was beautiful. She put him straight on me while I delievered the placenta. Dad cut the cord.......

The moment was perfect, baby didnt really cry, he looked so tiny and handsome and utterly perfect, Mum was taking photos, it was brilliant. He seemed so content. We had skin on skin but when they took him to weigh him she said he had a temperature and I wasnt allowed to hold him until mine was gone. Baby needed to be kept in in the end for a week for antibiotics as we both had the temperatiures and I may have passed my infection on to him as they took so long to deliver him.

The moment/birth was not as I had expected at all, much less painful, but much longer but it was perfect for us nonetheless. Our baby was 7lb 7oz and was born at 13.27 on the 12th Jan 2011, he was perfect, 49.5cms long and he fed amazingly and didnt really cry.

He is 1 month old tomorrow and I can hionestly say he is beautiful and amazes me every single day, he is perfect and I love every little thing about him. Daddy is totally smitten with him and has been fantastic.

Had I gone overdue he would have weighed well over 9lbs lol! Oh and all you girls out there, I was huge when pregnant and put on over 2stone and within 4 days I was back in my old jeans :D - the day after he was born I still looked pregnant, just be patient, you will get back into your clothes!

Feel free to ask any questions, I am more than happy to help

Here are some pics:

IMG00212-20110112-1343.jpg

IMG00246-20110113-0718.jpg

IMG00272-20110115-2028.jpg

IMG00354-20110121-1346.jpg

IMG00396-20110126-1425.jpg

Aw he's gorgeous hun! Congrats and well done xx

awww congrats! he's amazing!!! great pics!!!

Congrats, he's gorgeous!

Beautiful lil guy x x Congratulations!!!

What a cutie! Congrats and glad you had not such a hard time and didn't need to be cut. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->