Yep I am full of questions

bek74

Mum of 5
Reaction score
Ok Ladies, I have a question. To some of you it may be silly, but I didn't pay attention in sex education when I was a kid, I think I spent more time giggling everytime the teacher mentioned the word Sex, penis and Vagina, lol.

Anyways my girlfriend and I were talking about this whole cervix position, CM fluid and Temp stuff, and we can to this question ( she is 36yrs and me 33yrs, how sad I know)

Now is it possible to have a period yet not ovulate??, or do you have to ovulate to get a period??, You would think at 33yrs and 3 children I should know the answer, but I wouldn't have a clue.

I am pretty sure you have to ovulate to get a period.

Anyone have the answer?????????????

Thankyou in advance Ladies.

:rofl: Your not silly. I still laugh at the words Sex, Penis, and Vagina :rofl: Im 32! :lol:

I dont think you have to ovulate to get your period. I beleive your body can skip a month of ovulating. I also think you alternate overies each month. (someone correct me if im wrong)

Really so we can be going at it like rabbits and not even ovualte. Does that mean if you don't ovulate that month you miss your period that month??.

As to alternate ovaries each month, I think yes for some women, but others can ovulate from one side several times before ovulating from the otherside ( I believe, good be wrong) ( knowing me, I wouldn't be lucky to be normal, lol)

Cheers Suz

No I think you would still get your Period if you dont Ovulate. The best thing Ive done is start charting. Kinda getting to know my body even better if you know what I mean. :hugs:

This charting is all new to me. I have started taking my temp this month ( got no idea what dip or raise I am looking for) and I have been looking for CM fliud. I think I am completely abnormal, I don't have much CM fliud, well nothing that shows up when I wipe, So I have been going in the dark passage each time I pee ( scary, and gross). and it is watery and clear ( if I put two fingers together it stretches very little, but I don't have alot) but there isn't very much so I am so confused, what I have noticed is I think my cervix is higher :rofl: ( hubby laughs at me). I am on CD 13 and I am having mild little cramps in my lower abdomin, could that be a sign of ovulating or to much probing??.

I am lost HELP me :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I skip the CM and Position stuff....I just take my temp and I use this site

https://www.fertilityfriend.com

Now I dont have to think.....It does the thinking for me.... have the link to my chart on the Chart Stalker Thread and If I have any questions I ask. Wobbles and AG are really good at this charting stuff. This is my 3rd month and It has really answered alot of my questions.
https://www.babyandbump.com/showthread.php?t=1

:rofl::rofl:, Thanks Suz, but do you realize how long that is going to take me to read everyones charts and then convert it all from Fahrenheit into Degrees celsius :rofl::rofl:, It will take me ages. :rofl::rofl:

Told ya I wasn't normal, things always have to be done the hard way with me, nothing is just simple.

Thanks away mate ( maybe when I get my head together I will try decoding it all, lol)

:rofl:You are so silly......

You can choose between celcius and ferenheight (I suck at spelling) You dont even have to look at anyone elses charts. You make your own chart....

K each morning you go to your computer and plug your temp in and then go on with your day... The website does the rest for you...You can even plug in your CM, your periods and if you had sex...I sware it is easy....:rofl:

Ok I looked around and figured it out :rofl::rofl::rofl:, Thanks heaps mate.

Ok Ladies, I have a question. To some of you it may be silly, but I didn't pay attention in sex education when I was a kid, I think I spent more time giggling everytime the teacher mentioned the word Sex, penis and Vagina, lol.

Anyways my girlfriend and I were talking about this whole cervix position, CM fluid and Temp stuff, and we can to this question ( she is 36yrs and me 33yrs, how sad I know)

Now is it possible to have a period yet not ovulate??, or do you have to ovulate to get a period??, You would think at 33yrs and 3 children I should know the answer, but I wouldn't have a clue.

I am pretty sure you have to ovulate to get a period.

Anyone have the answer?????????????

Thankyou in advance Ladies.

Suz has given me her imput on this ( very grateful) but was wondering if any others know anything about it.
Cheers

yes it's possible, but some women do have to ovulate to have a period, others don't

As far as I am aware if you are not ovulating every month it can knock your cycles (irregular periods) I think AG might be able to help when she sees post. x

To answer the question simply, yes you can still have a period and not ovulate.
The easiest way to tell if you are ovulating or not without getting tests done is to see if AF is regular or not.

If AF is coming at the same time each cycle (give or take a day) then it is very likely ovulation is taking place.

If AF is turning up at different times giving a different cycle length each month then its possible ovulation isnt happening.

It is quite common for a woman to have the odd cycle with no ovulation but when its happening every month it should be a concern.

Thankyou AG. I will show you my cycle pattern and let me know what you think please.

(start) (finish)
April 15th - May 13th = 29 day cycle (1st cycle after oper)

May 14th - June 9th = 27 day cycle

June 10th - July 7th = 28 day cycle

July 8th - August 3rd = 27 day cycle

August 4th - August 30th = 27 day cycle

August 31st - Still on cycle.

Is that pretty regular, would that mean I am ovulating each month. Just looking for some opinions.

Thankyou

Your cycles do look pretty consistent.

I couldnt say for definate you are ovulating but the cycle length and consistency does look good.

Do you get any ovulation signs?

Not that I have noticed before. This month for the past 3days I have had mild cramps and twinges in my lower abdomin, but after my phone call yesterday from the nurse at my doctors clinic, I am dreading that maybe it is something else.

Thanks for you help AG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->