Yep, ladies, she's teething!

TennisGal

Reaction score
DD has spent the whole day/night crying and furiously eating her hands and anything else she can suck on. She's even doing it in her sleep! My chest and neck are covered in tiny little bruises from where she's tried to comfort herself on me, poor love.

We're going to get some Ashtons powder, does anyone recommend this?

What are the best remedies for her pain? We gave her a little baby paracetemol earlier, and we'll also get some teething rings.

Any further advice?

Also, she has only slept on me or DH since the start of the week...does this mean that she will be like this until her teeth cut? Or are there 'flare-ups'? She's hardly had any sleep, and if it lasts for months, she'll be so tired! (as will we, lol!)

So, should we expect months or weeks or days of the extreme crankiness / sleeping on us?

I so feel for her, she's clearly in some pain with the teeth :nope:

Ilana's aren't coming through yet but are moving in her gums and causing her pain... We use Ashton's powders, Nelson's Teetha powders, Calgel or a shot of Calpol/Calprofen 20 mins before a feed when it's really bad (not all at once, I hasten to add!) Chewing a cold damp clean flannel can help them, too.

PS Ilana has been like this on and off since she was about your LO's age so although her teeth are probably moving in her gums, don't be surprised if they don't actually cut through for weeks or months.

thank you...I'll try some of the remedies!

So it's likely the symptoms will go? That's a relief, I was worried poor DD would have these symptoms for an age until tooth appeared!

I give Ashton powders every day and have since about 13weeks when he started properly teething and wouldn't sleep. We're now 24weeks and if I forget even for a day, the symptoms come back so just keep religiously with the powders and you should see an improvement. :)

Thank you - I'll be stocking up! Are they the Ashtons powders?

Oliver had days in a row where he'd be extremely cranky, i just gave him some calpol before bed to help the pain and so he could sleep better, i feel if he doesn't sleep well he's even worse! In the day i used the ashton powders but dont like to dose him up too much (too much could cause immunity to the pain relief) so i'd try and distract him with numerous toys.There'd be days when he'd not be so bad, this went on for a few weeks, now his tooth is cutting (i'm so proud,it's nice and white!) the crankiness has gone but in it's place is quite severe poops! I just have to keep repeating,it'll all be over soon and he won't remember a thing!!
Good luck!!!
xxx

thank you...I'll try some of the remedies!

So it's likely the symptoms will go? That's a relief, I was worried poor DD would have these symptoms for an age until tooth appeared!

Ilana's symptoms come and go, but those things do help. Her cheeks are permanently rosy lately!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->