Yet another lunatic

Kit

Reaction score
There is clearly something wrong with me - all the nutters gravitate in my direction. I was in our local supermarket (staring at the rows of chocolate obviously) when the woman next to me started waving her arms around as though she was having some sort of fit. I think she was Phillippino from her accent and I am fairly sure they are big babywearers there so you would think she had seen a baby in a sling before but apparently not.

Woman "Oh my God, is he SAFE?" More arm waving. "It can't be SAFE"
Me, walking away "If it wasn't safe I wouldn't be doing it would I?"
Woman, giving chase "He had better keep still. If he moves he will fall. Keep still, baby!"
Me "He can move all he likes. I can move all I like. He's not going to fall out because I am not a complete idiot."

I was then overcome with annoyance-induced insanity and did a little sort of bum wiggling dance to prove he wouldn't fall out. Oh dear......

OMG lol people can be so ignorant. I think I would have been totally sarcastic back to here

You should have just stood still on the spot and said thanks for the advice, and stood there for about 10 minutes :rofl:

:haha: I'd love to have seen her face at the bum wiggle dance!!

I've got to start using some of the silly come-backs. What gets me is what do these people think they will achieve by asking these questions? In what possible circumstances would they imagine me going "No! It's not safe - thank you for drawing this to my attention"? Or do they think I am suddenly going to go "Oh my god, there's a baby on my back! It's so unsafe - get it off me someone!"?

Although on the plus side, I did get a very rare positive response from an old lady. A couple of aisles after the bum-wiggle dance she came up and started saying how cute he was and how comfy he looked and talking to him. She was very nice.

Oh my god what a loon! Seriously!! What is wrong with some people!?! LOL at your funny bum wiggle dance though haha!

I feel really bad for you, I've mainly had little old ladies coming up and telling me how comfy Aisling looks, come and walk around our little town for a few hours!

What a loony she sounds!

I have to say though the wiggle sounds hilarious

I :rofl:'d at the 'bum wiggling dance' bit...what a weird lady (her, not you!).. You rock mama :bunny:

I get strange looks when I have Lachlan in his Moby wrap at the mall...people are so rude, just because they're used to seeing babies in prams. Since trying out my sling I would much rather use that to transport him around than a pram - prams are awful...

xx

I have to say that since I have started using a torso carry, so no shoulder straps, the horrified looks have increased. But I work in Brixton where there are a lot of ladies from various parts of Africa and that is the way they all tie their wraps so surely these people must have seen it done before.
The irony is that for me it is actually much more secure than any other carry I do as it makes him sit right down and keep his legs up so his weight keeps it tight.

Oh, what carry is that? Can you post a pic??

I saw a lady carring a baby in a torsoe carry using a towel (was barbie towel) baby looked very comfy

People these days .. as if you would do something to harm your baby :roll:

People these days .. as if you would do something to harm your baby :roll:

:thumbup: Agreed! I don't know why some people can't stay out of other peoples businesses...I mean, it's somebody they don't even know at all! Their opinion isn't going to mean sh*t, especially if they're butting in! :lol:

yeah i have had that before too, tho mostly now people comment on how snug she looks :D last time i had a negative i turned round (she was on my back) and with a rather worried expression " oh no quick CATCH!!!!" and laughed at them (while daisy was also laughing at mummy being a noob!! hehe ...i'm also interested in this torso carry....off to Google now :D

xoxo

Like this? this lady improvised with a towel at the beach!
https://wearyourbaby.com/images/towel-torso-preg.jpg

That looks about right - I couldn't get a photo to come out properly. It is really comfortable but it is hard to get it tight enough. You have to tighten the top edge and bottom edge separately if you know what I mean, and then you have to twist the ends into a rope to make sure that both ends stay tight before tying. The only problem is that he tends to settle fairly low on my back because the pouch seat is effectively hanging off your chest, so it wants to settle downwards. This is actually quite comfortable as it feels like he is nestled into the curve of your back but if you like a high carry this probably isn't for you. It is definitely the most comfortable carry I have tried though.

Even better would be to say " a baby? what the hell, who put that there? More importantly, who's is it?" :rofl: :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->