Yikes, I think I ripped my c section scar open!

Princess pea

Mum of 2 beautiful girls
Reaction score
I only just got home from the hospital yesterday and am no t due to see my mw until sat as I am moving house tomorrow, but I did a really stupid thing last night! There was still some sticky stuff left on my tummy from the plaster they put on my scar and it keeps sticking to the overhang bit ( gross ), so last night I pulled at it to dry the area and ended up pouring blood out if the scar. Can't go back to the hospital as oh is busy packing for the move and is really not happy with me for being so stupid. Has this happened to anyone else? Should I be worried?

Oh I think I'd def phone the midwife/hospital! :hugs: you poor soul! I take it it's stopped bleeding? That sticky plaster is a nightmare! But if you have re-opened the wound it needs to be seen to asap- def don't want any infection! Congrats on your daughter btw... :) xx

mine opened on its own a little. I had a "natural drain" happening and it was a blood clot that broke down and started bleeding quite heavy. Same rules apply to incision as for vag bleeding - a pad an hour and go to the ER. I was filling a heavy pad every 3-4 hours and they said it was fine. BUT it could be infected also. Go get it checked anyways. IF you're not bleeding too much, dont have a fever and it's not hot to touch (warm) then you can probably wait until Saturday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->