Yoga or Pilates?

StarAngel

Reaction score
Helle Everyone,

I am just wondering which programme would be better to get in to? I am 10 weeks this week, I go to bootcamp classes in my gym two days a week I have notified them that I am pregnant so they have modified my workouts but I am looking to mix it up. Which one would people recommend, pilates or yoga? Thanks a million☺

First check with your medical provider, since I think some don't recommend starting a new type of workout that you weren't doing before pregnancy. Yoga would probably be the "gentler" one to ease into, and there are several pregnancy yoga workouts that you can do. :flower:

If you worked out regularly before pregnancy, then really, I'd think either would be ok. You'll have to modify as your tummy grows-- but I've done both, and neither are that intense (although Pilates involves more movements to strengthen muscles)- it involves less downward positions (least the classes I've taken). I found that working out really helped keep my energy up during pregnancy... ;)

Good luck and congrats!

There is a great app on iPad called daily yoga which has fab pregnancy yoga :)

Think it depends what you are looking to achieve. Yoga is great for flexibility and strength and comes in many forms.

Pilates is more directed to core stabilty, core strength and focuses on posture.

Both can have exercises that are not always appropriate for everyone so make sure you chat with the instructor.

A good teacher should correct your technique x

Have you spoke to your PT? You may just need a new fitness routine so I would book in with the PT for a new workout less intense. Guess it depends on the type of gym they are ... I would be asking have they worked with programs for expecting Mums before.

I tried yoga for the first time Wednesday for something a little different once a week from my 4-6 days a week training at fitness camp and although I can see the attraction it's not for me .. my balance is terrible, I have no patience for it and I can't sit and zone out for any reason :rofl: pass me the dumbbells!

I would talk to both and maybe do a taster see what you like ...

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->