Yolk sac but no baby.

.Babyh0pes.

Reaction score
So I went for my first u/s today. They couldn't see the baby, only a ys. She says I'm about 5 weeks. Which makes my dates way off. I thought I was like 7 weeks. And my hcg levels were 2622 last Tuesday. So I for sure thought I was about 5-6 weeks on that Tuesday. I'm so confused right now. :(

Did you temp/use OKP to know when you ovulated? HCG vary so much from woman to woman and you could be on the healthy low end if that makes sense? For example a 6 week pregnant woman could have a HCG of 10,000 or as low as 540 and all go on and have healthy pregnancies.

I didn't temp or opk. I have no idea when I ovulated. My cycles are irregular. I was going off my clear blue which said 2-3 and I read somewhere that 2-3 is 4-5 weeks in doctors term. So idk

Digital cab be grossly inaccurate for dating. Do they have you going back for another scan? I'm going with you are only 5 weeks and in a couple weeks a scan will show a little heartbeat

Heads up. You're probably only five weeks. Its possible you ovulated late and implanted late, putting you one to two weeks behind where you thought you may have been. And like pps said, hcg means nothing as long as its doubling.

I really wish they would have taken my blood today to see if my hcg was progressing. They took my urine instead.

I'm scheduled to go back on the 30th.

Thank for the positive input ladies. :hugs:

You could always get some more pink dye tests and if the line isn't as dark as the control line retest every 2-3 days to see if the line is getting darker. Internet cheapies are great for this as they take forever to get dark

Don't worry! When I went to the Dr for first ultrasound(I had slight bleeding), I though I'm 6+ weeks as per my LMP, but I was only 5 weeks and could see just the yolk sac. But, 3 weeks later, we were able to see the baby with healthy 172 heart beat. Those three weeks were the longest but it was all happy at the end. So, just try not to stress and relax - It'll be alright.

I had a scan thinking I was 6 weeks but I was only 5 weeks and all you could see was the empty gestational sac. Had to wait the longest two weeks of my life for a rescan and everything was perfect. Seen baby with heartbeat at 7w4d x

Same experience as others here, I was ovulation testing and was sure of my dates. I bled at 6.5 weeks and they saw a sac and no HB. They told me to prepare for the worst. Went back for a rescan in a week and there was the HB :) and they redated me back ten days. So my dates may have been out but who cares baby was there. I've not bled since and have my scan on Wednesday :) there is hope Hun x

From what I have heard, it's not unusual to just see the yolk sac at about that gestation :hugs:

My last pregnancy I had an u/s at 5 weeks and only saw yolk sac. Went back in at 8 weeks and there was baby! Was a long three weeks wait. Don't lose hope!!

Thank you all so very much. I feel SO MUCH better. :) I think everything is going to be alright. :hugs:

I HATE waiting though. But I guess I have to. :/

Again, thanks!!!

The wait is the worst part. I had the early scan due to lots of bleeding and my bleeding got so bad in the two week wait for scan I was so shocked to see a healthy baby! I'm sure you will be fine xxx

im 4 weeks, and waiting to see a doc until 8 for this reason. It wil; be okay, I had a friend go through the same thing as you:) :) :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->