• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

You want to give up but it will rip your heart out?

Glowbug

Reaction score
Anyone feeling this way?

I've taken a break from TTC for three months.
But altogether been trying about two years. I want to give up so bad and just say what's meant to be will be!
But I'm literally addicted to tracking and opks

Being crazy obsessive hurts like heck
Giving up hurts like heck

What do I do?????

Anyone else feel this way?

Aww hun, i'm so sorry you're feeling this way. Trying for a baby is so hard. Harder then i think any of us thought it would be. You hear miracle stories about women who gave up trying and got caught pregnant so maybe the stress really does have something to do with it. Maybe instead of giving up just lose track of your cycles put down the opk's and just bd when you feel like it. I personally am sick of the stories about "i conceived on a bottle of red wine" and "you just need to relax more it'll happen" but there does seem to be something in it. I wish i could give you some better advice but i can't so i just want to give you some support. Good luck and babydust xx

Yes, I know what you're saying.
I wish that there was an On/Off switch for the desire to have a baby. I'm ready to turn it off.

I'd love to just stop, but it's impossible. I don't do opks, or temping (well just started again, after 11 failed cycles). I don't need to track because I know when I'm ovulating. I get ewcm that just comes out and I have ovulatory pain. I can't ignore those things so then I get my hopes up (because we bd often, there is no chance that I wouldn't bd during my fertile phase anyway); and then I get crushed.

Honestly, I just wish I didn't have the desire right now. I'd like it to go away for a little bit, maybe forever.

heck yeah!
it's like being a freakin junkie.
i've wanted to give up so many times, but i just can't do it. i want this to happen so bad. you are not alone :hugs:
it would be nice to be able to take a break from caring about it so much!

i wana give up / 4get it and fall preg :lol: but i cant give up on sumat i want so bad :(

:hugs: to you....I am with you - especially today. I feel like AF is coming any minute :cry: I wish I could want it less but how do you make yourself not want something that you want so bad?

Aw it's so disheartening isn't it..
I know how u mean when u say 'what's meant to be will be' but what if you're actually meant to be doing this and then when u get ur bfp thats what will be?

Sorry to ramble!
But do whats right for you and what will make you happy.. goodluck xx

I know exactly what you mean, and I'm very sorry you are feeling sad. I have been TTC for quite a long time myself, and for sanity's sake I have taken breaks from charting and tracking along the way and just gone with the flow, so obviously the 'just relax and it will happen' hasn't worked for me yet, but I have heard people say that it has for them. I'm sitting here trying to think of what I did exactly to help myself stop obsessing and I just can't think of anything in particular, it was just getting so hard and my heart was just breaking so often that I just had to, I will say though that no matter how much I didn't track things I always wound up taking HPT's at the end of my cycles. Sorry I rambled hun, I hope you get to feeling better and get that :bfp: soon! :hugs:

with you on this its so hard aand i found trying not to try was more stressful xxx

I'm with you all on this one. Im on month 9 off TTC my 2nd. AF arrives yesterday, 2 days early. Feeling gutted...again but trying to act all positive on the outside but crushed on the inside. It took me 15 months TTC my first. I conceived the month I had given up on it all as it was dictating my life. I had high hopes this month as we BD every day from a positive opk, sometimes twice a day for 3 days. I would love to throw away the opks but i just can't! Wish you ladies all the luck in the world to achieving you BFP's. i only wish mine would come sooner rather than later. I am fed up with it dictating my life!

Thank you RAInmONkey
It does seem those stories are so common hahaha!
It's kind of annoying hahah! It didn't work for me. Thanks for the support and your sweet post. It certainly is harder than I thought 

Yeah its really depressing, maybe stress is why your not concieving.
I am the same, not addicted to charting etc but i stress all the time about it.

FX for you.

I am in the same boat, I just dont want to take Clomid anymore, I don't want to POAS anymore, I don't want to beg my husband to BD because its that time. I have been TTC since 2007 with a little NTNP in there, have had 2 mc, I did 3 cycles of clomid - only to have my O day come while we out of town this past weekend, and I forgot my OPK's but I know cause I had sharp pains on the left, then on the right then back on the left all on different days. We did BD out of town, but it was just for fun, but he denied me Monday Tuesday and Wed. UGH I dont know what to do... I don't want to do this anymore.but all I ever wanted was a baby!

Readyformore

I wish I could flick off the switch too!!!! 
Thank you for your kind comment!!

Pocket rocket. I'm so sorry AF arrived
Hugs!!!

Ah, Glowbug - you made my heart ache with that post!

I know what you mean - the wanting it so badly and it being all you can think of until it's painful. I can't imagine how it must feel going on for 2 years feeling like that :( I've only just come off bcp and already feel like I'm losing in a race! I hope you can find some peace and not give up entirely - a small hope is still worth keeping!

Lyra. That is so sweet of you! Good luck to you sweety!
It doesn't take everyone this long so dont be scared :)
I despatatley want that BFP for fathers day!! :)
Good luck Lyra! Thanks
For the support!

So I'm overweight... Have just lost 17lbs and today went on low carb
My plan is to lose ten pounds in ten days! Hopefully that will really help!
Hope that works! :)
Thanks girls for everything!!

good luck w/ your weight loss, glow :thumbup: i'm down 25 lbs and i'm very close to a normal bmi :happydance:

i just want to :hugs: all you ladies who are having trouble because i know how you feel!

I know how you feel. We've just taken a break of about 6 months as I couldn't cope any longer (it's been 2yrs 8mths, 2 m/cs and everyone else getting pg). But like the OP I know once I've ov'd, so it hardly takes the pressure off. I would say, however, that I feel much better after the break and I'm back this month to charts, opk and vitamins, so I would recommend it.

Just wanted to send you a hug and some :dust: I've seen some of your lovely post. I guess I'm not really in the postion to give any advice as this is our first month TCC but I share the desire and the longing, I really do it happens for you soon.

If I don't get my :bfp: this month then I'm going to try and look at each AF as an AF closer to my bfp but hey, so much easier to write than feel. Sending you buckets of baby dust xxxxxxxxxx <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"