you wont believe this..

Oh my god im sat here with my mouth wide open!
Thats awful.

That is so sad :( Poor little girl's got no chance with a mother like that. Not only the 1 week weaning but the crap they're allowing her to eat now.

My god. She's lucky the poor kids didn't OD on salt!!

WTF are these people thinking of?:dohh:

She needs reporting....not coz she's deliberately harming the child but as she needs to be educated properly as to what you can and can't feed to a baby and why. It saddens me, it really does:cry:

Your spot on. Some mums just dont know what to do, they dont understand. When I was a student nurse I had an assignment with a health visitor and visited lots of new mums at home with there babies and I was astounded what newborns were being fed. From Irn Bru to full fat cola in bottles to giving them ice cream etc I could go on. These mums were ALL from low income backgrounds with little or no parental input in there childhoods... and I agree Hevz its very sad!

Last night I was reading the documents I need to fill in to sign Sofia up for the local creche (in France). It was asking questions like what do you do when your baby's tired, how do you soothe them and then in the food section what kind of milk do they have.. then are they eating vegetables and if so do they have them a) whole b) mashed with fork c) pureed d) in their bottle...

Seriously. WTF.

Stories like this make me so sad because as a society it seems we have failed to educate and engage way too many parents. Most parents wouldn't do something to deliberately cause their child harm but so many seem to be unaware of the nutritional needs of their children and lack the knowledge and skills to provide a healthy, balance diet appropriate to the age of the child.

but yesterday we had a walk round to the pub to sit in the beer garden, while we were sat there my oh mate came with his oh and their 10 wk old baby and their 3 yr old well we got onto talking about babies and she asked when i weaned i told her it was about 5-6 months when Rhys was having 3 meals a day.

she then wait for it....:coffee:

told me she weaned her eldest at 1 week old :shock::shock: but was ok cos it was rusks in her bottle to start with like that was ok :shock:, and then by week two she was on TOMATO SOUP IN A BOTTLE, she proudly went in to tell me she used varied teats and had to water it down would drink 2-3 oz a day of it.

the look on my face was horror absolute horror, i honestly have never been lost for words my eyebrows were tickling my neck they were so raised, this child was the size of a house and been referred to the hospital because she was way ofr the chart, she said its stupid she's not a fat child just solid lol. this kid in half hour ate a fab ice lolly followed by two bags of bacon fries and a bag of scampi fries:growlmad:

some people just dont understand do they, 1 week old and weaning...
i told oh its child abuse and disgusting.
x

:dohh::dohh::dohh::dohh::dohh:

My god im soooo shocked! 1 week old my god they've barley had a chance to get out of the bloody whomb at that age! sounds like she was proud of it too! and surely she knows that anything other than milk in a bottle is very dangrous! eeee im lost for words! other than fooool

Wow, I'm at a loss for words. That poor child is going to DESPISE her mother when she gets older and is bullied. And she WILL get bullied.
Poor baby :( Hope it gets put into care or at least the mother gets educated.

a woman was talking to us today, her kid was eating a huge plate of chips and 2 sausages. her hubbie was saying to my lo, oooh where is your dinner and i said he is too young for food yet and she was like I gave my girl food at three months which is fine I guess. Then she proceeded to say that she had to wean her other kid at 3 weeks as he wasnt sleeping at night. dear lord i can see what health visitors are for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->