Young and WTT?

I worry about what others will think. I know i shouldn't but i do because i know that everyone sees me as too young and thinks i'm crazy. I don't think my mum would be surprised, she's probably expecting it pretty soon. But it does bother me that i would be judged by family and friends and just society in general xx

I know exactly what you girls are facing. Sadly I don't think I have much of a reason to be nervous though.

I'm in a stable marriage, we've been married for a year and a half, we've been living together for almost 2 years, my husband supports us fully and I'm pursuing a teaching degree in university. I'm 22 yrs old and hubby's 26. His parents ask every week if we're expecting yet, and they're disappointed when we say no. If only my parents were okay with the idea! I'm TERRIFIED to fall pregnant before graduating. I know my parents will be disappointed. My mom will be outwardly disappointed and will probably make it known to me, my dad however I'm sure would be overjoyed even if I'm not done with school yet.

I don't consider myself young, but I'd be afraid of my mom's reaction. I don't care about everybody else really, just my parents because I love them to death and they gave up so much to give me a comfortable life style and they drilled the importance of an education to me early on. That's pretty much it.

I shudder at telling my mom I'm pregnant IF I'm still in school! I don't know how I'll make it through my last 3 semesters :( I need a large dose of patience right about now. :rofl:

I'm 22 and will be at least 23 before we TTC (getting wed in August) but I don't feel old enough or stable enough and worry that my parents will think the same. H2Bs mum is desperate to be a Nan and would love for me to be expecting now, as would H2B, but I am such a worrier and as much as I want a baby I don't think the timing is right yet.

I think my Dad would expect us to be living in our own home before conceiving (we rent) but with the current financial climate that seems such a long way off.

you sound like you've thought a lot through and look how well you've done with your little girl?! how can they be disappointed?

i told my mom that we would be going at it in about a year and a half...she said tat was cool ^-^ i don't think my dad would have an issue (we don't really plan on telling anyone other than my mom. I'll tell my best friend because I can't keep a damn thing from her. I'm so excited!

although i'm 23 and i have a job... my parents would go like "ooooh my god, noooo, you serious???"
i don't think they'd be happy at all...

my mom has it all planned out for me...finish my degree, get a real job, then kids...

we have another point of view, i've always wanted to be a young mom.
i'm already going to be older than i originally wanted to be when i'll get my first kiddo,
i honestly see it possible to combine getting pregnant and graduating uni this year.

so yeah, that's why we never told them we were trying for a baby...
i overheard my mom and aunt talking, my aunt said i was next in line to have babies
and my mom was like "ooooh, i hope she waits some more"

*grooooaaaan* I hate when family decides "when she's ready" in THEIR terms. *grr*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->