Younger sister

cutegabs

Reaction score
I need just some advice. I'm turning to this forum for help, but not people I know because she's only told family. I have a 23 year old sister that just became pregnant. I know I should be happy for her, but I am not (at the moment). I'm hoping that with time I can put my feelings aside, but I cannot ignore them. She wasn't even trying and I am told, used protection. My husband and I have been over a year and I just suffered a miscarriage about a month ago. I am upset because as much as I love my sister, her decisions at times have affected the family and I have helped her (and my mom) out. So I am not entirely surprised, but I always thought I'd be the first to have a grandchild and that will now never happen. I have told them for now I cannot be a big sister because I feel as if I'm falling apart. I haven't slept more than 6 hours the past two days and I have barely eaten. TV works for a bit, but I'm really going hour to hour. She is unmarried and moving back home. I got married, bought a house, and settled into my career before trying. I cannot think rationally and am afraid that if I can have a kid that the kid will be loved less because it's second. I also feel that I should not be trying because of my younger sister. I would appreciate advice, almost anything would help at this point.

Hey I'm sorry your going through a rought time right now but when you have a baby of your own it will not be loved any less I have two half sisters from my mom who have 2 children each and when I finally had my son my dad treats them all the same they are all loved equally. I honestly don't think ur parent or ur husbands parent would love the child any less if its 1st 2nd or 10th grandchild. I hope that makes you feel a little bit better :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->