Your 3-4 year olds, how often did they go to nursery?

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
I know between this age they get 15hrs free funding. I was just wondering did you put your children in for half days or full days? X

when my son went nursery he went 5 afternoons a week, monday-friday, he is an august child so it really prepared him for starting "big school".

The pre-school my eldest daughter went to a few years ago at the time only offered 12 hours free funding so she went 4 mornings a week, now its 15 hours free funding so my youngest daughter will be going 5 mornings a week as i am then able to work more days/hours, she is only doing a year in pre-school before starting school though so i think she will be okay x

Daniel went Tues and Fri mornings to start off with, when he was 2 1/2years - 3 hours per day (could need do the afternoon as i didn't like having to be tied to being home by a certain time lol).
Then when he turned 3 he went Tues, Wed and Fri mornings - 2 sessions were 4 hours to include lunch and the other was 3 hours. (He is an August birthday)

When Esther goes she will start off on 2 mornings for the first year and 3 mornings for the second year. (She is an Oct birthday)

Because i don't work i don't feel that i need to put them in for any longer than the 15 hours free we get.

Three full days a week (Mon, Weds, Thurs). Don't have much choice as I work and study and the childminder can only have her two days a week.

If I didnt work and study, I would only send her for the 15 hours- probably the afternoons x

DD2 started in September and she goes 5 days a week. Each afternoon she does 3 hours :)

When my kiddies were younger they went to nursery 5days a weeks for 4 1/2 hours a day x

Is it different in England than it is in Scotland, I've never heard of the 15 hours free funding!?

Up here they start not long after they turn 3, depending on when their birthday is and then thats them either every (weekday) morning or afternoon until they start school...so almost 2 full years of nursery, again depending on their birthday. x

My daughter does mon-fri half days atm. Then sept she will be starting school full time hopefully
x

Vonnie that's the same in uk they start the tee
After there 3rd bday and every child is entitled to 15hrs free which is 5 3hr sessions but some nurseries let u use ur 15hrs over full days or u can top it up and pay the extra Keira has done 5 mornings since last January she was 3 in the October before

Three full days a week (Mon, Weds, Thurs). Don't have much choice as I work and study and the childminder can only have her two days a week.

If I didnt work and study, I would only send her for the 15 hours- probably the afternoons x

I'm in the same situation too, so I'm using my 15 hours over 2 days however I'm beginning to wonder if I should space his days out more x

My son gets 6 hours at the child minder (she's accredited) but he goes there for 8 in total (one day), then he goes 9-3 to preschool 1 day and 9-12 another. But I like half terms and holidays, it feels like he is away a lot :(

Amelie has attended nursery since she was 10 months old and does mon, tues, thurs and fri 8.30-2.30 :)

mia went 4 mornings a week at 3 and she started school at 4

I think things are different over here but when Dec turned 3 he started playgroup and he went for 3 hours on a Monday, Thursday and Friday. When he was 3 years 10 months he started Nursery and he goes from 9am-1.30pm every day. Mon-Fri.

Is it different in England than it is in Scotland, I've never heard of the 15 hours free funding!?

Up here they start not long after they turn 3, depending on when their birthday is and then thats them either every (weekday) morning or afternoon until they start school...so almost 2 full years of nursery, again depending on their birthday. x

that is the 15 hours free nursery

My daughter has been going to nursery since she was 9months old. Started at 1 full day but changed to 2 full days when she was 17months.

We were doing 1-4 every afternoon but now she goes in all day Monday and Friday and Wednesday afternoons.

My son went to a church pre-school, he did 2 full days and 1 half day.

my daughter started at aged 3 and half she started doing afternoons for 1 full term then started full day for 5 days a week the term after that, she is now 4 and has been doing full day for a while, i dont have to pay as its government school but i now know also that as of sept just gone all LONDON nursery's have stopped half days all children go full day from day 1 which i think is terrible :(

ETA: her full time hours are 9am-3.30pm mon - fri :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->