Your child bullying others! What next?

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
So after the bullying thread I wondered what you think you would do if you found out your child was serioulsy bullying others or what you did if this has come to your attention before?

You can't prevent a child from bullying even from the best brought up well mannered children ... but once detected every measure should be taken to put a stop to that behaviour.

So I'm curious.

- Me? I know I wouldn't stand for it for a second & I would come down harsh on Caitlin (or any other children I may have). Should she be of age that she can walk home on her own she won't be I will be there early towalk her home, I'd ask the teachers to keep her in on breaks, I'd also ask for her to be put with the detention class after school, I would remove any use of goodies in her room (depending on age depends what that is) & she would most definately be grounded for no less than a month.

Im reading what I've put and it sounds so harsh but bullying is such a serious matter these days I just couldn't stand for it I'd have to go every lenght to stop her just like I'd expect from a parent of a child bullying my kids.

I agree 100% with you. I'd come down hard on my children as well. If they did bully another child they would have to learn (the hard way if need be) that bullying is not acceptable!

Wobbles, I would do the exact same!

I will not tolerate my kids bullying others and they will definitely have restrictions if they do so.

I am not so concerned about my daughter, quite truthfully, but, then again, years can change a person.

I do wonder about my son though. At over 4 1/2 he's a little toughie, but, again, boys like the rough and tumble part of play and it could just be that :)

Many times a bully becomes a bully because of his/her upbringing. Nowadays, both mother and father work outside of the home and by the time they get home in the evenings, they truly don't have the energy to spend with their kids. So what happens is that the kids feel neglected, etc.

Other parents are just bad parents...parents who do drugs, etc. and are not good role models to their children.

Some just don't give a damn about what their kids do.

Yet, at the same time, I do know that no matter how great your parenting is, a child can change. Peer pressure isn't easy on a child either.

Wobbs I don't know if you remember the thread i did before when Em was accused of bullying?
When that woman came to my door?
The first thing i did was fly into school to find out what had gone on, and try to keep my hands off Em
As it turned out she wasn't bullying she just didn't like this girl and they didn't get on, but the mum had used the word bully and this fired me up big style
I believe bully's should not be tolerated, but i also think the word is used too much for general day to day arguments, which annoys me even more.

Back to your original question, If either of mine were found to be bullying I would strip their rooms of every bit of joy, no TV, games. There would be no out of school activities and they would be made to understand the consequences of what happens to people that are bullied
They wold also be made to write heartfelt letters to anyone that they had hurt

I wouldn't tolerate it and would probably react in the same way that you would. I had a bit of a hard time at school, to the point where I didn't want to be there at all (I wouldn't say I was bullied/victimised as such, but school can be a bitchy place) and id hate to think that my daughter was making others feel dreadful and/or scared. I would be so mad!!

Wobbs I don't know if you remember the thread i did before when Em was accused of bullying?
When that woman came to my door?
The first thing i did was fly into school to find out what had gone on, and try to keep my hands off Em
As it turned out she wasn't bullying she just didn't like this girl and they didn't get on, but the mum had used the word bully and this fired me up big style
I believe bully's should not be tolerated, but i also think the word is used too much for general day to day arguments, which annoys me even more.

I know what you mean x

I wouldn't go in all guns blazing should it be my child giving or recieving I would get to the bottom of it first to find out if its just the kids not getting on or bullying - definately a big difference between the both.

I agree with everyone on this thread. Bullying is a big issue nowadays as it is getting so very voilent and public. There would be no way I would accept it at all, and I would give them the consequences you all stated above. I would also make their lives hell at school with their friends. That is, I would embarass the hell out of them, pick them up at school and even go there at llunch times if I had to.

I agree with everyone on this thread. Bullying is a big issue nowadays as it is getting so very voilent and public. There would be no way I would accept it at all, and I would give them the consequences you all stated above. I would also make their lives hell at school with their friends. That is, I would embarass the hell out of them, pick them up at school and even go there at llunch times if I had to.

Good ideas here too!

I also think some counseling for the child may help those if all else fails. Sometimes it's so much easier to talk to someone outside the circle of family and friends, especially for those children that have a hard time opening up to others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->