Your feelings towards your preemie

Magik204

1st 12wk early 3.6.10
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone can help or advise me, I had a premature baby at 28 weeks i wasnt allowed to see her till 3 days after she was born except on picture that my hubby had taken. she was then in NICU for 49 days with my self travelling up there everyday once i had been discharged.

She has now been home a week and im wondering how i should be feeling. If i think about her having to be resucitated or the tubes or anything it upsets me. or to think i could of / could loose her that also hurts.

But at the moment im not sure i feel anything towards her i dont miss her if im away from her, i dont think about her much or what the other half is doing is right, but i do ask him if hes done this done that with her

Im just not sure how to feel, i know i love her but thought i would feel more for her xxxx

Hi hun.
When Chloe and Jaycee were born I didnt see them for 5 days.. Its hard isnt it.. I remember being in the NNU where I was in hospital begging them to find my babies a bed closer to home.. Its heartbreaking when you think about it..
Anyway, the twins came home together after 4 weeks in hospital and I didnt sleep for the first few nights because my HV told me babies born earlier have a higher risk of cot death. I was sooooooooo paranoid...
I went and bought 2 Angel care monitors and they were used up until the twins were 15 months and then I felt comfortable to turn them off.
I found they helped me and gave me reassurance that I would be alerted to anything not quite right..
I also dont have a problem leaving Chloe and Jaycee and I never have.. I left them at 5 weeks with my SIL and went to the pictures with my OH.. I think its a lot to do with the fact you have had to be away so your used to it.. Some people want to be around their baby all the time and others are used to it and can leave them.. I dont think its anything wrong.. You love your daughter right? And you wouldnt let harm come to her? . Which I am sure is a yes to both then I think its just usual mummy thing

I think when they are in the unit you build a bit of a barrier on your emotions because you are so scared something will go wrong and this is your coping mechanism.

When my lo came home I found it to be very surreal. I don't think I had ever let myself fully believe it would happen.

It has only been 1 week and you have been on an emotional rollercoaster journey so give yourself time.

Thank you guys just worrying my self

Laura did the twins come to the norfolk and Norwich hospital as they have a supurb NICU unit that normally deal with very very early babies xxx

There was a similar thread on this a few weeks ago where I explained how I was when Abby came home.

And plenty others feel the same!

https://www.babyandbump.com/premature-babies/364349-feeling-bit-low.html

As far as I'm concerned, there is no such thing as "supposed to" :hugs:

Thank you guys just worrying my self

Laura did the twins come to the norfolk and Norwich hospital as they have a supurb NICU unit that normally deal with very very early babies xxx

No, They were taken to NNU in Ashford in Kent.. It was so hard being away from them for those 5 days! :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->