Your OH - do they dare.....

2bananas

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
Call you affectionate/jokey 'fat names'

My oh calls me bubble butt and on occassion says 'come on fatty' - but never nastily and always with a big smile on his face as he says it to which I always laugh at.

He always calls me bubble butt anyways - but under normal circumstances i dont even batt an eyelid as my bum is not big at all.

Just wondered if anyone else's oh jokes about with them like this but you dont take it lightly and get upset?

I think if he turned round and said 'god you're looking fat today' I would be really hurt but when its kidding about I dont mind.

Just wondering if anyone is soooo touchy at the mo that 'fatty' jokes are a step too far or if my oh is just lucky he gets away with it?

My OH wouldn't do that as he knows I'm a bit over-sensitive about that, I used to have and ED so I don't take kindly to being teased about being 'chubby' now that I'm pregnant.

It actually kinda annoys me when people say things like that because it's like, I'm pregnant not fat...argh!

Good on you for not taking it personally, I really shouldn't get so flustered about that kind of thing :)

my OH does but i make him feel bad about it :rofl: it doesnt bother me really but i make a big deal out of it anyway "OH WELL THATS JUST LOVELY ISNT IT" i like seeing him getting all upset saying sorry makes me laugh :rofl: then i laugh at him and tell him i know im fatty so its all good!

My OH always joked about my weight even before I was pregnant so it doesn't really bother me, i think if i knew he wasn't kidding then he'd probably get a thump but he wouldn't dare lol! But I don't normally mind he'll normally just say something like "aww c'mon fatty.." and laugh while trying to help me up off the couch lol! So I just laugh and give him a playful slap to let him know never ever to mean it seriously lol!

My OH is very affectionate though, especially since i've been pregnant :) xx

Sometimes but only affectionately, and if he thought it would upset me I don't think he would. He normally says "you're getting big" but to the baby not to me. I've not really put on that much weight anywhere other than my bump though, think he'll have nearly as much baby weight to lose as me cos I have used it as an excuse to eat more sweet stuff than usual, and he normally keeps me company!

My hubby sings the Reebok 'belly's gonna get ya' song at me. CHARMING! If I thought he was being serious I would have killed him many months ago.

my hubby calls me fatty all the time but only in jest so dont mind it, not that ive ever been slim anyways. i can say it back to him too as he has put on a bit of weight during my pregnancy too.

My DH has started referring to me as his "little Buddha"... but I do have a fondness for sitting cross legged on the floor

I also get "Come on, fatty"

I find it quite funny, though - but it had better stop after I've given birth!

I get called Fatty :) , which is fine until baby comes , then it better stop

mine calls me waddler but has never had the guts to call me fatty lol

he kind of does in a way tho by say 'GOD YOU GOT BIG' but i know he's talking about my bump as it seemed to appear over night lol.

Plus he's sweet when on the phone and people have asked how i am, am i getting big he says to them ' she's only put on a stone and we where told the norm is about 2 so she is doing really well and its all baby'

only prob with him thinking that is he may end up thinking i will instantly shrink back to my normal size.

he said today i dont get how a baby is fitting in there pointing to my bump, i said well hopefully she will take after you and be skinny (i've battled with high weight all my life) and he said no i want her to have a bit of both of our weight things then she will be normal BLESS HIM x

only prob with him thinking that is he may end up thinking i will instantly shrink back to my normal size.

I actually sat my OH down and explained to him that it doesn't USUALLY work this way so he's got to give me a good few months to get back to my pre-preg weight.

I didn't want him to have unrealistic expectations lol.

I actually sat my OH down and explained to him that it doesn't USUALLY work this way so he's got to give me a good few months to get back to my pre-preg weight.

I didn't want him to have unrealistic expectations lol.

LOL i think my oh will be ok as he knows i have always struggled with my weight and also knows that i lost 5 stone before falling preggers.

We was talking about contraception after birth and I said i may just try the pill again (caused me to pile on weight combined with PCOS)........he said NOOOO dont undo all the hard work you've done, talk to the mw/doc and see if there is something better, i dont want you working hard to lose the baby weight and then put it all back on again.

I think it was another polite way of saying please dont get any bigger lol

mine always says 'you aren't fat... you're pregnant' but he's slipped and said he can't wait for baby to be out so I can lose the weight "what man wouldn't?? .... I love you"

LoL, my husband has been calling me bubble butt since before we ever got pregnant, it was one of his pet names for me. I dont mind it cause I know he LOVES my butt. LoL.

LoL, my husband has been calling me bubble butt since before we ever got pregnant, it was one of his pet names for me. I dont mind it cause I know he LOVES my butt. LoL.

snap!!

I probably would have issues if it was a new thing lol, but he's called me this for years - it the 'come on fatty' that kinda brings home the fact that yes, I am pregnant and looking like a whale lol

Liking this thread, its funny. And glad my OH isnt the only one who likes to push his luck!

My OH calls me flump and i've started calling him chubby checker just to get my own back :rofl: However, that's only started since i was around 7mnths i think.

I know he'd definitely never say anything like that before i was pregnant, i've always had issues with my weight so he wouldn't dare. He knows i'd be rather upset. Whilst i'm pregnant though, it doesn't bother me being called flump in the slightest :lol:

DH says that I finally have a counter balance for my butt (which has always been bigger) - but he says it affectionately.

My brothers, on the other hand, said I looked like a giant tomato last night, because I was trying to be festive and wore a red shirt!:cry:

yup i get called big mamma... but all in joke so i dont mind... and its only really bump so far so I dont mind!

aww sorry your OH's are calling you names, its just men i suppose lol mine doesnt call me anything but i was big before i got pregnant so now i just got a bigger belly, it would prob upset me too.x

my OH pretends he cant get through the door when i am near it lol. And calls me 'Chunk' but i know he doesnt mean it in a horrid way :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->