• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Your OH

How many children do you have? 1 and 1 more on the way.
How many hours does your OH work? 40ish. He's self employed so it isn't fixed and he does bits of work while he's home too.
What does your OH do at home? (Chores, for the children, for you)

He does the bins. He will do other stuff if I ask such as putting washing out, emptying the dishwasher and hoovering. I've got spd so can no longer manage hoovering but more likely than not this means it just doesn't get done. He does help a lot with ds when he's here (he finishes work at bedtime basically so often misses the bedtime prep). He does about half of the bedtimes and baths. He does more night wake ups than me but I did more for the first couple of years so I'd say we're even. I'm probably still up on him in terms of how many total times I've been up in the night. I have insomnia now with being pregnant so he does occasionally let me lie in while he gets up with ds in the morning as he doesn't start work til 11.
Free time? We don't really go out so his free time is in the evening after ds is in bed, a couple of hours max and he is quite often doing something for his business. I don't have any free time as I'm studying full time, mainly from home. When I'm not doing that I am looking after ds and doing housework. I was working 4 days but due to various pregnancy related issues I stopped work late November.

Writing all this down has actually made me realise I'm doing far too much. Dh probably is too. If only we could afford a cleaner.

We have 2 kids, a 4yo who isn't at school yet and a 6 month old.

OH works full time, 37.5 hours I think? He's gone from 7.30-5.30/6 each day.

He doesn't really do much housework, just loading/unloading the dishwasher probably once a day? He says he does breakfast but in reality he puts toast in the toaster and then I run around getting bibs, buttering and cutting it up, getting the kids drinks, finding the spreads and clear it all up as he heads out the door haha.

He's a good cook and will cook on weekends and he's learning to do more around he house like basic plumbing and stuff.

He puts the 4yo to bed 5 nights out of 7 I'd say and plays with the baby a lot.

We have 3 children, 11, 15m and 5 weeks. DH works 40-60 hours per week.

I won't let him do night feeds as he starts works at 4am and works with heavy machinery so I worry that tiredness would cause an accident. Plus as I breastfed my others but I'm bottledeeding ds I'd feel weird sharing those as I've never had to before. I kinda like that bonding time with the baby. He is also part time uni so he has evening classes to go to when he finishes work so I will admit I don't expect him to do much around the house when he's home. Plus he doesn't do things like I like them done anyway so I'd rather do it myself. He will sit and play with the kids while I cook dinner,shower or prep school work as I home school my son. He's autistic and can be challenging and DH is very hands on with his care. On weekends he cooks dinner both nights, as well as helping out round the house and I wouldn't expect to him too with all he does but it is nice to have a rest.

OH is SAHD. I am at school.
One baby between us
We split the work pretty 50/50 between us, though he oftens nags me about my sloppiness :(

He definitely needs more free time for himself.

My DH works 40 hours a week and we have two kids and one on the way. I'm finishing up a degree but set my own hours, probably about 16/week at the moment. Right now, he does much more housework/childcare than me when he's home. We have one child in school and one in nursery two days a week, so I've got them all other times and do activities etc. He gets home around 5:30, then often makes dinner (sometimes I do), we eat and he bathes them and puts them to bed. In the mornings he gets them up and dressed and makes them breakfast, I then take over for the school run etc. Right now, I'm working as much as possible at the weekends so he takes them out or plays with them at home and does much of the cleaning and tidying around the house. I'm responsible for organising things usually, homework, dealing with school, making weekend or holiday plans, remembering people's birthday, that kind of thing.
When I'm not pregnant, we split housework pretty 50-50. I cook and shop, he tidies and cleans. But we don't have any formal agreements, we just each do what we can and what needs done and it works out pretty well.

How many children do you have? Valla is 3 and her brother is due in 5 weeks
How many hours does your OH work? 50-60 hrs/week on average now. 14 hour days were not uncommon until his company realized the legal complications of over 12+ hours/day

What does your OH do at home? (Chores, for the children, for you): He takes out the trash often, empties the dishwasher sometimes; occasional tidying around various rooms in the home; the odd surface clean of his washroom downstairs; decorating and settings things up here and there, as well as all lawn care outside. He also drives our only car so often picks up food and things like that. He has our daughter on weekends after I have worked an overnight; they go out and spend the day doing fun things solo 4-6x per month. I would say he does about 30+ percent in total with all of this considered.

How much free time does he have to himself? Not much really; when he gets home, maybe 2-3 hours max to eat, shower, read articles, watch videos and spend a little bit of time with us. He has no time to take part in his art or music; though I always encourage him if he wants a night out with friends. I take one on occasion but am good to stay in 95% of the time.

We have 4 month old twins. OH working week is 78 hours. He works night shift and is leaves home at 430pm, gets home at 6am the next morning. I am still on mat leave. He is super helpful with the babies when he's home, he plays with them, does bottles, feeds them, changes them, bathes them etc. I don't expect him to be very helpful with household cleaning or cooking given the hours he works. I'd rather he spend his free time with the girls. On Sundays (his day off) he does yard work and then we all do something together.

How many children do you have? - 2 children 2 dogs
How many hours does your OH work? - 37.5 (full time) leaves the house at 7 gets home 5 I also work 37.5 I leave the house at 7.30 (drop off the kids to my parents) start work at 8.30 finish at 5.30 (pick up the kids) get home 6.30ish
What does your OH do at home? (Chores, for the children, for you) - DH feeds the dogs and walks them in the morning & evening (unless he is late home then I feed them when I get in) he cooks us dinner whilst I put the children to bed - I do 100% for the children including overnight wake ups
We split the housework 50/50 I would say :thumbup:

How much free time does he have to himself? - Evenings and weekends but we tend to do stuff as a family at the weekend, He does sometimes go away to see his best friend who lives about 4 hours away from us in which I am left to sort out both children & dogs on my own :grr: thankfully this isn't too often

How many children do you have? 6

How many hours does your OH work? 40-60

What does your OH do at home? All the diy, empties bin daily, walks the dog. At weekends will give me a lie in, will Hoover and mop floors, stack and empty dishwasher, laundry, fold clothes, put kids to bed, will run me a bath, nip to shop for me, will do food shopping if I give him a list, pick prescriptions up etc

Things he doesn't do - cook (hes crap) clean bathroom, iron, put clothes away, bath kids, homework, dress the kids, clean windows.

I guess we've just naturally adapted to our roles, without saying 'this is your job, that's my job'

How much free time does he have to himself? None really, with a houseful of kids neither of us get any time.

How many children do you have? We have ds and baby due in April.

How many hours does your OH work?
Dh works between 60-80hours pw.

What chores does your OH do?
Dh plays with ds for an hour on days he gets home whilst hes up, but he doesnt do anything else. He takes the rubbish out when I ask. Maybe once a week he takes ds to bed. He does do diy bits that need doing as n when it needs doing too.

Time to himself... he would tell you none but he plays the xbox most evenings for couple hours.

How many children do you have? 1 3.5 year old and 1 on the way

How many hours does your OH work? Mon-Fri 9-5

What does your OH do at home? He's tidier than me! We share the cooking. He does the bins and most of the dishes and he does the laundry periodically. As I work 12 hour shifts he watches Ollie from 5-8 during the week and all day at the weekend. I do most of the cleaning and hoovering and caring for Ollie. It's a fair split.

How much free time does he have to himself? From when Ollie goes to bed until he goes to sleep. He's mother one for going out. On the weekend days he has Ollie my mum tends to take him so he has a hood 5-6 hours free then too.

1 child, 19 months
He works well over 45 hours a week. I am a full time student and also work 2 jobs
We share household chores. I'd say I do around 60%and he does 40%. Only because I'm home with Zach one day more than he is.
We each get one evening a week entirely to ourselves for leisure. He uses his to exercise, I use mine to listen to podcasts or to be creative.

We have 3 girls, an almost 4 year old, a 2 year old and a four day old baby.
He works 50+ hours a week, sometimes more. When he comes home he plays with kids for an hour then helps me bath them and we it them to bed together (stories and cuddles). He does all the dog chores like waking/feeding etc and the cars and bins as well as any DIY. I do everything else although he does empty the dishwasher etc as and when and sometimes cooks. He doesn't do any washing or cleaning and doesn't know where any of the girls stuff is kept etc! He's on paternity at the moment and being so amazing as I'm out of action after my section but it's funny as we've realised how much he has no idea what I do in a day, I've had to verbally walk him through every simple routine for the girls and the house-- he's exhausted!

How many children do you have?
2, 3 in April.

40, plus college online at home.

Anything that I ask him to and much that I don't. I try to have everything done but he'll still help me if needed. He's incredibly involved.

How much free time does he have to himself?
A few hours a weekend. We don't really "do" things by ourselves as our time together is so limited but he still takes the time to watch a movie he wants to or play a video game.

How many children do you have?
4 (5, 3 1/2, 2 1/2, 10 months) and one on the way.

Right now, 11 hours, 5 days per week. Most times of year, they're 12+ hour days, but we have a lighter load right now. :) OH gets one random day off during the week and always has Sundays off.

Chores: load/run dishwasher at night, put away and clean up after dinner if necessary, 90% of laundry, all yard work, vacuuming and mopping on days off, tidying before bed. We have a huge house and two big dogs, so there's a lot of cleaning to be done, even with me cleaning for hours a day. We are doing a huge task of decluttering the whole house and really getting rid of a LOT of stuff and getting organized, so we hope to have a lot less tidying to do once that's done.

For Kids: Special one-on-one time with each, makes them breakfast if on a late schedule (currently leaves at 7 am, so this only happens on days off now). Playing. Light discipline. 95% of kids' laundry. OH also gives the kids most of their baths, and OH gets up during the night with anyone who needs it (especially babies, unless I need to get up to nurse).

For Me: Back massage every night. Foot massage when I'm pregnant and have swollen feet. Gets me my towel after my shower. :) If I didn't have time to shower the day before, OH will run the shower for me (probably so I'll actually get to it before I start to smell!) Picks up a special Friday night dinner for two every week (right now, every other week just because I'm pregnant and too tired to stay up late), so we normally eat and cuddle and watch a movie (and I do 100% of the cleaning that day, so the house is spotless, and there's no after dinner cleaning).

How much free time does he have to himself?

Commute to work and back, a couple of hours of silence every morning while getting ready for work and having breakfast, but we pretty much do almost everything as a family, so we don't do much "alone time". Ask me how much free time I have - zero! lol

We have 4 children.. 10, 8, 3 & just about to turn 1.

Oh is self employed and works from home usually around 45/50 hours. I'm a sahm didn return to my teaching job after last baby but doing online course training as a personal trainer.

Dh does help with kids and around house, he does ironing every wkend, takes bins out and will tidy if I ask him to! Also takes our older boys to their football training sessions. I do everything else! We also have a dog which we both walk.

From 7 every evening when I take the little ones to bed he has time to himself. He goes to the gym at 6am
3x a week before work and has the kids on the couple of occasions in evening/weekend when I workout x

How many children do you have? 1 son aged 2.5
How many hours does your OH work? Full time 44 hours a week
What does your OH do at home? (Chores, for the children, for you) tidied toys away when lo in the bath, gives OH milk before bed, takes bins out, loads dishwasher sometimes, moves car in the morning for me and de-ices it if needed, hoovers sometimes, cuts grass and generally keeps outdoors tidy, he will help tidy and clean if I ask but I do a lot more cleaning round the house.
How much free time does he have to himself? He gets every Friday evening til 8ish, sometimes some free time at weekends to go out on his bike

How many children do you have? We have 1 daughter

How many hours does your OH work? At the moment 40-45

What does your OH do at home? (Chores, for the children, for you) he rarely cooks except on a tuesday when he looks after our daughter when I am at work. He will do some houseworm that day too (clean downstairs loo, hoover upstairs etc) usually 2 things. But he plays with DD alot on his days off or if he is in and i need to cook or get some housework done. He has also started to do bedtime stories with DD at least once a week.

How much free time does he have to himself? Very little, he plays football one evening a week and has every evening to sit and chill but he very rarely goes out anymore (neither do I, its just how it is)

I do 90-95% of everything in the house but I only work 3 days a week.

How many children do you have? Pregnant with #3
How many hours does your OH work? 37.5
What does your OH do at home? (Chores, for the children, for you) He does a lot. Currently doing more than he used to because I'm struggling atm. He does laundry, cleans bathroom, sweeps etc. He lets me have lie ins whenever he can while he watches the children. He puts DS to bed while I put DD to bed.
How much free time does he have to himself? Pretty much none. He usually gets an hour or two after work on sat or sunday while we're at MIL's. He usually stays up a bit later than me to play the xbox. He rarely goes out.

We have 2 soon to be 3 kids.

He works 40 - 50 hours a week.

He gets two hours once kids are in bed every evening and will occasionally play fifa but mostly he wants us to watch tv together, he also has time to himself at the weekend to play guitar etc for an hour here and there, he goes on days out to the football or rugby just him and ds.

We both do chores, some days I'll tidy the kitchen and other days he will, he does more of the hoovering and putting away the laundry as it's heavy for me. He does the bedtime routine for DD, I put DS to sleep, he gets up with baby in the night, if she's up a lot we'll take it in turns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->