Your opinions on finding our gender

tbh finding out the gender is a surprise whatever stage u find out- as you can only learn if its a boy or a girl once!

We couldnt wait to find out, and the birth of our little girl isnt going to be any less special of a day because we know she is coming! Infact i think it will make me push harder!!

plus i think since this is my first- there will be enough surprises, new experiences and overwhelming feelings on the day, without finding out the gender as well! :haha:

xx

Hi

Well as I am Miss Imaptient I have found out with all three of mine - It was great being able to buy all of the stuff in whichever colour was appropiate but all the same I do kind of feel like I have missed out on the whole (Its a Boy/Its a Girl thing) after labour...

I think that maybe because you have come this far with your first it might be nice to have the suprise and then if you have any more it is always easier to find out so that you know what else you need to buy and how to prepare the older child etc etc...
(Just my opinion though) and of course easy coming from me who wanted to know as soon as I peed on them sticks...;) xxx

hi
we didnt want to know with our first but i really wanted to know with this bump as i kept thinking bump was a girl, turns out its a boy, found out at my 20wk scan., was pleased either way, had a scan at 34wks which confirmed it twice. im pleased i know as i feel i already know him but i do understand that people want to wait.

we found out and I'm extremely glad that I know - being able to refer to him as my little man, and focus on specific areas of stores and clothing is nice. Also, there may not be a 'it's a boy!' surprise... but just getting to see him and hold him will be more than enough for us.

Definitely personal preference though! We took a lot of heat from our parents and grandparents because they felt it should be a surprise.

I found out with ds, and was glad I did as I could look for boy clothes and start getting excited picturing him wearing them and thinking of names. But I still got neutral cot stuff etc. incase we have a girl at a later date!

This time Im torn, but dont think we will find out - and if we do, I wont tell anyone that we know. Mainly because if its another boy I dont want any negative comments - I also found people would put down names and stuff.
I thought about taking an envelope and paper and getting the sonographer to write it down and put in an envelope incase we want to know at a later time, but I may be tempted to open it!

As for clothes .... you could always pick stuff out online or in a catalogue for each gender, and then give someone the money ready and ask them to head to the shops when they get the call of 'its a .......' - thats another reason I dont want to find out, or tell others. It will be exciting to tell people on the phone what we have had!

wow...great responses!
thanks so much everyone.
i do think i will proceed with the ultrasound appointment after the holidays.
like many of you said, we will still have the surprise of meeting the baby that i'm sure we won't feel that we missed out cause we will already know the gender.
i just want really to see baby on those scans, no matter the gender.
the brownish colored scans...they are so detailed compared to the old black and white scan photos.
thanks again everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->