your opinions on the name....

lau86

Reaction score
jeremy?? i absolutely love it, hubby is not keen. he says it reminds him of jeremy kyle!! i think it is a lovely traditional english name... what do you guys think opinions needed!

I like it, although when i asked my DH about it he said "No way, that reminds me of Ron Jeremy" So I think it's off our list... lol

I love it, the name jem (gem) is a great nn, I have a good friend called jeremy (gem)

jeremy kyle will be old newsby the time your baby is 5 :) :flower:

I have a lot of friends named that. They all go by Jer.

I've known a lot of Jeremy's and most of them were pretty weird. I personally am not that big of a fan.

Edit: Also a lot of kids would call them Jerm, and it caused a few problems back in elementary and middle school. Kids would say watch out for the Jerm!

My husbands idol is jeremy mcgrath (the motocross/supercross racer) and I'm honestly shocked he didn't want to name our son that, lol.

i know a couple of jeremys and they always shorten it to jez which i actually like better than the full name x

I don't care for it, but only because I went to grade school with a Jeremy who was mean to me.:blush:

I don't like it, sorry... and i can see kid's saying "germy" instead of Jeremy

Its my husbands name and I know at least 10-15 other Jeremys so its popular where Im from I wouldn't use it for that reason but I do like it :)

Ahh ok yeh I am getting the impression it is much more common in the us, it is really unusual over here. No one has said anythig to put me off yet! I mean if kids are gonna be mean they're gonna find something to be mean about so I still like it! Now just to persuade hubby!

i dont think kids are as mean as we make em out to be tbh lol my daughter mentioned her friend harry ballslap to me once and i asked her to run that name by me again (i thought she was jokin) so whilst i was choking on my tea with laughter my daughter didnt even get why or what i was on about lmao kids only find fault in a name if they dont like the kid anyway otherwise they dont care a jot i dont think x

It reminds me of Jeremy Clarkson.... Its not awful, I just cant imagne it on a child...just grown up, hairy men!! Im sure they were children once...but you know what i mean!

I don't like it at all. I can't imagine a baby Jeremy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->