your opinions please!

Flowerew

Mum to William & Callum
Reaction score
when i was pregnant with my son, we picked a girls name and boys name. OH chose the girls, I chose the boys as we could not agree. Anywho, now im pregnant with baby no2 OH tells me that if this baby is a girl, we are having the same name he picked for the first baby if he would have ben a girl. I may be over-reacting, but i told him i didnt want that name as it would have been the first baby's name and wanted to pick a totally different name. Do you think i'm over-reacting? it has caused a few arguements as he is adament that will be the babys name if a girl! what would you do?

Thanks in advance xxx

I guess it comes down to personal preference and how much you/he likes the name. We used our girls name (had our 1st been a girl) for our daughter who came second as we both really liked it. Strangely though, the name we had picked had my daughter been a boy is not in the running for this one. I guess we did not like it as much as we thought we did.

One thing i will say, if your husband really really likes the name it will be hard for him to agree to something else. I love one particular name but cannot use it and now every name we look at just is not good enough as it is not the name I want and it is geting tough!

It really comes down to the name itself i think but you do both have to like it :)

Good luck x

P.S. Would love to hear the name if you want to share :)

We chose different first names for our 2nd baby, but what would have been first babies name if she had been a boy became the middle name 2nd time round for the boy, if that makes sense. As it was 2nd baby was a girl anyway.

So perhaps thast could be a compromise, use the name for a middle name?

Hi thank you both.

Lea, the name he wants is Abigail. I personally am not too keen, I do like the name its just not one that I would pick personally. He has been stuck on that name since I found out I was pregnant first time. I want to choose a name we both like and agree on but he won't have it. We have actually agreed on a boys name which we both picked.

Haggle-b, thats a really good idea, I wouldn't mind doing that but he won't, it has to be the first name and he won't compromise on anything :-( really annoys me x

You may already have considered this, but does it have to be Abigail as it is or could it be shortened to Abi / Abbie? Personally I like the name Abbie, would this suit either of you?

I was the same when i got pregnant again for the 2nd time we had Jefferson or Eadlyn for our first and we had a son. This time around we both felt that that was kind of Jefferson's name. It doesn't feel right using that name this time. Like in our baby Book with Jefferson says names we were thinking of and I jsut didn't want to use it agian. I hope you get it worked out x

Well to be completely honest, i think it's silly not to use a name that was on the list the 1st time around.... I am 100% sure your son will never someday say, "Hey! Why did you use the name Abigail for my little sister? That was one of my name options!" :haha:

I think the real reason is that you don't like the name. If it was a name you loved... or a name you picked... chances are you wouldn't mind using it for this baby. Maybe i'm wrong... but just my opinion. So, i guess i can see why your husband is adamant about using it... he loves it, plus you agreed he got to pick the girl's name.

Even though i can see his point of view, though....... I don't think anyone should ever give their child a name they don't love. What about Abriella/Abrielle (nn. Abby) instead of Abigail? Or just Abby?

Hope you guys come to an agreement you are both happy with! :flower:

its personal preference

with alex and this baby and next ones if baby is a girl she will be sabrina xx

I would definitely consider names that were on my list first time around! Jayden was going to be Eva or Layla and I still love those names, so it will probably be the case next time around too!

I agree it's personal preference though! xx

RubyRainbows - It was agreed last time my OH chose the girls name, is supposed to be my choice now but he won't shift from that name. I do prefer Abbie rather than Abigail. I think I'm just gonna have to keep throwing names at him till he gives in! haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->