your thoughts please

kirstyloo82

Reaction score
dont know if this is the right place to post, but would just like someone elses thoughts.

i have a gorgeous baby boy who is 2 in a couple of weeks and a new baby girl, just a few days old. both labours have been pretty horrendous. with my first i was in labour for 3 days, having painful contractions etc. babys heartrate kept dipping so had to stay on the bed on monitors. ended up having epidural, but it didtn work and i could still feel everything. i dilated very slowly, and baby didnt tolerate this well. in the end i was wheeled to theatre for emergency section as i was exhausted and also baby was tired. as it happened as they were getting ready to start i delivered naturally in theatre. (baby was in a funny position and was stuck in pelvis, so each contraction pushed him onto bone). i had a bad haemorraghe and doctors struggled to control the bleeding. it was a good job i was in theatre.

with this labour and birth, it was really straight forward (epidural didnt work again), but again afterwards i was losing a lot of blood, the midwife called the emergency buzzer, and there were 13 people working on me. i seriously felt like i was going to die, and oh said that he thought the same as he was ushered out with our new daughter. i have really suffered afterwards as well, im still struggling to even walk properly and am in a lot of discomort and pain.

the thing is, even up until i went into labour we had talked about having another baby, we have planned all sorts around having 3 kids. but after 2 such traumatic experiences oh doesnt want to, and i agree, almost. i know its risky that the same is likely to happen again, and i worry that i might not be able to get through it again. i dont want to risk leaving my kids without a mum just becuase i wanted another baby. but i cant imagine never having more. because it was in my head for so long that we would be having another baby after this one, im finding it difficult to let go of that and im sad at the thought that i will never be pregnant agian.

anyone else felt like this?

Hey, you live near me (I live in Mold).

Is it possible that you can opt for a c-section if you were pregnant again?

i would have thought that if you have had such a bad time giving birth but the pregnancy was ok surly you could opt for a c section? surely that would make sence it maybe worth chacking to see if its possible and then re thinking? if your oh doesnt have to worry so much cause it must be the long labour thats cauing the complications? if you had a c section its done at 38weeks isnt it i am not sure but it seems worth looking into!!
good luck honey
:hug:

I also mainly am replying to say i live near you as well, i'm in neston.

But in terms of the actual issue, could you opt for planned C section as has already been mentioned, or is it possible for you to get extra care during labour and shortly afterwards to make sure the same doesn't happen again? xx

hey,
Again, i would think planned c-section would be okay?

But maybe you could make an appointment at the hospital and chat it thought with them, see what your options are?

-x-

thanks girls, didnt realise there was so many of you local to me! when you have got your little rug rats we could organise to meet up somewhere for coffee to chat about how many nappies your going throuhg, how little sleeep your running on, or what happened on corrie if you prefer!

i think i will talk to my gp at my 6 week check and take it from there. i would so love another one, my only concern if a section would be the best option, is the recovery with 2 other babies and a newborn. i know people must cope, but the thought is a bit daunting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->