Your tips for surviving twin pregnancy (especially 3rd trimester)

I used to be very over weight so I'm still filling in the stretched skin I already had (tells you how big I used to be) so I am not suffering with that but I hope you can find a solution x

I don't have any stretch marks so no itching but I have heard coconut oil helps with that ( all the twin mums from the twin club swear by it ) . I have been using it as a moisturiser since the beginning if pregnancy and I love it .

Hi, ladies, just finding this thread after spending some very frustrating nights awake and in tears.

My hips hurt too much to sleep on, and sleeping sitting up just doesn't cut it. Terrible heart burn, too, but the worst part is the nasal congestion! I wear breathe right strips that wear off around 3 am. I can't breathe at all, get nose bleeds that wake me, and have terrible sinus headaches. Also using a humidifier.

I'm only 20 weeks w triplets and not sure if my sanity will hold another 15. Anyone have this going on? What did you do that worked? Did it get any better or worse? Do you just get used to suffering??

in all honesty for me... you get used to suffering! I have spd now and suffer all day everyday/ every night i just tell myself its not forever and it's all worth it x

Well my restless legs have gotten severely worse this week. 2 nights in a row with zero sleep, and still having to go to work. I take baths and do yoga and finally just lay in bed and cry. Sounds like we are all in the same boat!

Any tips for supporting your bump at night? Has anyone tried a wedge pillow? I wake up every night repeatedly because it feels like my belly is so heavy and it's pulling me into the bed. I'm only 20 weeks, but this has been happening since 10 weeks. I haven't gained much weight because I just don't feel particularly hungry---from about noon on I just feel bloated and stuffed.

I always sleep with a thin pillow under my bump

I sleep with a pillow under my bump and a pillow at my back (to stop my rolling completely on my back where i would quite happily get the best sleep but probably lose all oxygen lol) and then when i switch sides umptee times through out the night the back pillow becomes the bump pillow and visa versa :thumbup:

Same here, I have a variety of positioned pillows, one between my legs too. Rolling over is quite an ordeal to get them situated again.

Thanks for the suggestions---I'm going to try it tonight.

I had one between my knees for ages which helped with my back pain... However once my spd became really bad the knee pillow can make the front of my pelvis ache. Decided it's easier to go with out it x

Ok, girls, just borrowed my friend's Snoogy, which is a little better. I put my bump in the middle hole and lie on top of the whole thing. Not bad. You can also make an arm chair w it, which is good for a few hours. Still, by 4 am my hips kill. Before that, I did put a feather pillow under my bump. Mine also feels heavy, I think bc we grow so fast that the muscle tone isn't there.

While I was on vacation and sleeping in hotel beds I had no problem at all. They were soooo soft I just sank into them.

As for the congestion, restless leg, etc., I find taking a half or whole dose of Benadryl helps. It's safe for pg if you don't overdo it. My OB actually suggested it.

Benadryl makes rls worse unfortunately. My dr prescribed some visterol which is helping but just a little. And I also have and love my snoogle pillow

Tried the pillow under the bump, but it didn't quite work. Think I need a smaller pillow. Oh well, my crotch pain is better so I guess I can't complain too much. Headaches seem to have gone for now too. Looking on the bright side!

I don't put the pillow all the way under the bump, but in front of it supporting it if that makes sense?
I'm up for my middle of the night yoga and bath to calm my legs. Grrrrr. The dr did call today and say I'm anemic so I started a new iron supplement and im praying that helps the legs!!! Also babies are playing trampoline on my bladder. I swear one might kick right through it!!! I wish they would flip. They've been breech for over a month. Makes for a restful night;) it will be so much more fun when im up holding them!

34 weeks 2 days God help me, the days are so long and uncomfortable.

30 weeks here! Hoping for an early delivery (35 weeks) but don't feel ready at all.

I actually went into labor at 33 weeks, they have me on medicine to keep it stopped and I get to take my last dose Saturday night. Hoping something happens after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->