• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

your views on drink when breastfeeding?

starlight1

Reaction score
i dont mean going out on a binge just a glass of wine on a night? i havnt drank at all right through my pregnancy and now i have had lo i have had the odd glass of wine on a night right after i have just fed her so it should all be out of my system by time i feed her agin. do you think this is safe? as i just want best for her. i have just been having 1 glass but the other night i had 2 and she was up at 4 and wouldnt settle again i dont now if this is coinsidance or it is because of haveing 2 glasses what do you think. she is only 1 week old and is sleeping really well only gets up at about 11-12 then 3-4 for feeds then about 7 which i am always up by i am an early bird used to getting up early for work lol. i would just like to see if you are drinking or not? and if you think it will affect the baby? whats your veiw on it? xxxxxx

This topic has came up several times and I think the majority of ladies do allow themselves a drink or 2 ,myself included.:thumbup:

I don't think there's a problem with an occassional drink. I don't personally as I also co-sleep. I find it easier not to drink at all as if I have one glass of wine I know I won't want to stop!

I personally don't drink while breastfeeding, IMO it just isn't worth any possible risk. I don't enjoy drinking any way so it's not an issue for me

There's not really a problem with drinking and BFing, the amount in your milk is negligible as long as you don't go on a massive binge. I'm not a big drinker, so I haven't really drunk much since LO was born, but I wouldn't say no if I was offered one.

I have a glass of wine on the odd night. I would say your best never to have more than 2 though unless your going to express a bottle for incase lo wakes x

I certainly think it is OK to have 1 glass of wine and do so now and then. The other day I had 2 and felt really guilty. In some ways its easier not to have any so I don;t get the taste for it lol!

I didn't have a drink until LO stopped co-sleeping (complete with boobie dummy) and started sleeping though, mostly cos I didn't want to share a bed with her after ANY alcohol. So when she started sleeping through I started having a glass or 2 of wine in an evening .... and got pregnant 4 weeks later.

I didn't drink through pregnancy. I have a glass of wine every other week at the pub quiz. Me and oh take it in turns to go.

I didn't have a drink until LO stopped co-sleeping (complete with boobie dummy) and started sleeping though, mostly cos I didn't want to share a bed with her after ANY alcohol. So when she started sleeping through I started having a glass or 2 of wine in an evening .... and got pregnant 4 weeks later.

:dohh: this made me chuckle, i'm sure i'll be the same!

I'd definitely have the odd drink if I wasn't cosleeping. I've had a half of real ale at lunchtime now and again, and make the most of it!

i had 2 vodka's tonight:wine::wine: not only does it hit the spot:winkwink: its also lower in calories :haha::haha::haha: iv'e had up to 3 drinks on occasion but tbh i'm not a hardcore drinker anymore :haha: so wouldn't wanna be drunk anyways as i have maddie to take care off:thumbup:x

I have the odd glass of watered down wine in the evening (I cant handle full strength after so long being off booze!)

I do like to have a nice half a pint of cider now it is sunny if we are sat in a pub beer garden too :flower:

Lo has a bottles at 6 so occasionally I'll have a few drinks till ten and be fine for the 1am feed.

I have a bit of wine here and there, just one glass though and not every night.

I think its okay, I personally always pump her a bottle and wait about 2 hours before I nurse, just in case

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->