Your weight.....

Mrs R

Reaction score
Don't worry girls, i'm not asking you to divulge your biggest secret :wacko:

Just wondering how everybody feels about their weight / body since having their twins?

I was lucky and lost all my baby weight within 3 weeks (3 stone) but i was a little chubby before i got pg anyway and could be doing with loosing a little more. Now that the babies are almost 4 months old, i find myself not being able to use the 'i've just had twins' excuse any longer for how I look.:muaha: :blush:

I think it's finally time to tackle the flab and do a few sit ups!! I don't think i'll ever be a size 8, but my sister asked me to go out on Saturday nite and the thought of going out in public in anything other than tracksuit bottoms made me want to cry!!! I don't feel negative about myself, I just feel it's time for change.

I know my flabby , stretch marky tummy is here to stay, but I really don't mind that.

Anybody else in the same boat?

Hi. I am same weight I was before the twins, but 1/2 stone heavier than I was before my first child 8yrs ago. I would like to shift that last bit, but I'm not overly bothered.

My tummy isn't flabby, just have loose skin hanging down from the stretching (which will not go away unless it is cut off), and need a repair to my abdo muscle because it split and never went back together again..............that's what 16Ibs of baby does for you ;) Should be getting it fixed later this yr.

I could live with it appearance-wise, except I have a hard, pregnant appearance and have daily pain and aching in my hips and lower back as a direct result. WOuld be nice to be pain-free at last x

Like you i've also lost the baby weight but was overweight to begin with (size16/18) so i joined slimming world 2.5 weeks ago & so far i've lost 10lbs and dropped a dress siuze, which i'm really pleased about! So i'm on my way to becoming a yummy mummy :winkwink:

Well done chetnaz, that's excellent! I like your thinking. I want to be a yummy mummy too, not a tracksuit clad, frizzy haired, bloated mummy. Just doesn't have the same ring to it lol

I'm back to my pre pregnancy weight & although my stomach isn't quite as toned as it was pre babies I'm pretty happy with it. I found returning to work got rid of my last 1/2 stone & running and sit ups both before and after returning to work toned things up. Running was also a great way to get some "me" time after a busy day with the boys too. If only I had the time now :nope:

Good luck with whatever you try x

I have been wondering about this myself. I didn't have my twins yet, but i hope i could go back to the same weight i was before getting pregnant. I hope I don't get the stretch marks or the loose skin. Not that anything's wrong with it, its a badge of honor, but i want to feel like myself! Do all twin pregnancies get the loose, stretch marked skin?

blah I gained 5 stone - lost three pretty easily but the last two isnt going anywhere. I was a size 8 and now a 14 - really feeling it!!!!!

Started slimfast this week though as I never get time for meals so picking is my down fall. The heavier the boys get the more toned my upper body is though lol and I reckon they are a good 27lbs each now.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I was a size 8 pre-preg, then when I was preg I didnt really get much bigger, I was like a size 8 still from behind but looked like mrs greedy from the side lol, then after having them I was straight back to size 8!

Currently I'm a 4-6 << lost a lot of weight due to flu, but I'm hoping to gain some weight and become a size 6-8 now! I'm really happy with how I look tbh, I'm not skinny in an unhealthy looking way, because I've got big boobs and hips so I'm more a slim hourglass shape! :) xxx

DawnMN26 - Not everyone, I've got stretchies but my stomach is really flat and toned (especially from pushing my buggy around everywhere, not being able to drive a car and having to walk everywhere does do wonders for your body!!) ..although I am only 18 so my skin does bounce back into shape really easily!

ps DawnMN26 i have no stretch marks or loose skin either x

I have lots of stretch marks, didn't get them til a few weeks before the twins arrived though. Was sure I wasn't going to get any.... silly me.

I don't have any loose skin, just lots of pounds to lose and lots of sit-ups to do!

blah I gained 5 stone - lost three pretty easily but the last two isnt going anywhere. I was a size 8 and now a 14 - really feeling it!!!!!

Started slimfast this week though as I never get time for meals so picking is my down fall. The heavier the boys get the more toned my upper body is though lol and I reckon they are a good 27lbs each now.

I know I have 14kgs I need to lose and I am feeling very unattractive and just not myself. My ankles hurt and can feel it in my knees, but I am just so tired.
I need to start my diet, well not diet I need to eat properly and stop snacking.
I want to lose the weight before twins 1st Birthday.

I hate going anywhere in public and all those who have known me for years and havn't seen me in a while, always comments, grrrrrrrr.

maybe we should start a lose weight support thread.

I gained 46 lbs and lost 30 immediately...but the rest hasn't budged for the past 4 months. It doesn't sound bad but I am really short. I don't really feel so great about my body...I have tons of stretch marks and a flabby belly now...not to mention my new boobs, lol, that's a different story:)

Hey Vicky I put on 5 stone also, lost 3 and a half just can't seem to shift the other 1 and a half stone. Funny thing is I'm like you vicky don't eat properly it'll be 2pm and I will realise I haven't had breakfast!! I was a size 10 now a size 14 :-(

Tummy is not too bad, no stretch marks, just needs toning but how the hell do I get the time arghhhhhhhhhh

Need to book appointment with physio as I have a abdominal separation of around 1-2 cm so I am not sure what are the best kind of exercises for this. I had searched on you tube and got some good ones I am going to try when I get TIME!! LOL I have been saying this for weeks now.

hehe dont talk to me about boobs I had surgery for mastitus abscesses when the boys were about two months old - ouchy ouch ouch - gimme child birth anyday for pain but the oh so attractive scars eeekkkk

ok so before we scare all you twin mums to be here is my stomach - not marked in any way just a bit more of it than I would like xxxx

Attachments

• DSCN1376 (2).jpg
    DSCN1376 (2).jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 6
  • DSCN1390 (2).jpg
    DSCN1390 (2).jpg
    28 KB · Views: 6
I would parade about in a bikini everyday (even in January) if I had a stomach like that!! You are very brave, and very lucky

hehe dont talk to me about boobs I had surgery for mastitus abscesses when the boys were about two months old - ouchy ouch ouch - gimme child birth anyday for pain but the oh so attractive scars eeekkkk

ok so before we scare all you twin mums to be here is my stomach - not marked in any way just a bit more of it than I would like xxxx

My gosh Vicki your tiny, you look fabulous.

Ok here is my tummy stretch mark free. I only got to 28wks with the twins but I have also had 3 boys previous. I was actually bigger with my 3rd son at 9mths then what I was with the twins.

Attachments

• IMG_4033.jpg
    IMG_4033.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4035.jpg
    IMG_4035.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4036.jpg
    IMG_4036.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 2
thanks lol blimey Bec - fabulous - five kids? you would never guess it. Did your tattoo alter? Mine stretched but went straight back - I had even chosen a design to go over it I was that convinced it would look bad after stretching and shrinking lol

I have been wondering about this myself. I didn't have my twins yet, but i hope i could go back to the same weight i was before getting pregnant. I hope I don't get the stretch marks or the loose skin. Not that anything's wrong with it, its a badge of honor, but i want to feel like myself! Do all twin pregnancies get the loose, stretch marked skin?

Hi Dawn, i did'nt get stretch marks with my first and just started to see a small one under the skin starting to appear when i had them. I oiled twice daily which i do think helps as i know i am prone to them as i have them on my hips and boobs from puberty, also all my family has them.

My belly to be honest has gone right down like with my first despite me putting on 3 and a half stone which i think is 35 pounds? (18 pounds left to lose). I wont be left with any saggy skin but probably just not as toned as pre baby belly. I was really surprised how my body is, no different to a single pregnancy really despite dreading the worst so you never know you could be lucky?

Look at all you lucky ladies, showing off ur bellies! That is great! hahah
U guys are soo lucky! I hope I could join you too! So far 8 more weeks to go & no stretch marks yet, we will see. U guys look fantastic & i'm jealous! I hope I could lose the weight too!

They say its inherited, so my mom lost all her weight with 4 kids & got not 1 stretch mark either, so crossing my fingers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->