Your worst thoughts on these boys names please!

Becky10

Mother of 2yrold and Preg
Reaction score
This is our current short list. Any opinions/likes/dislikes? I am really stuck as I have 1 negative point or worry for each name and I'm just wondering if you guys come up with the same. I'm really looking for any negatives or dislikes you might have as I already like all these names and I'm trying to choose between them. I already have a daughter called Maya and our surname has two syllabels, but is quite long.

Zachary

Mason

Sebastian

Isaac

Alexander

Hayden

Nathan

well Isaac is the name of our son and we just love it!

Nicola xx

I really like Mason, but no sooner had I decided it was my chosen name than I heard someone call her little boy with this name outside my sons school and my mum said 'oh, if you are having a boy I am listening out for names....so and so's baby is called mason I like that'! -now I still like the name, but my fear was it will suddenly become popular so that kind of puts me off!!!

Zachary, Sebastian and Alexander can all be shortened to Zac or Seb/bastian or Alex so that's always helpful....

Your other choices are nice, there are none I dislike but Hayden reminds me of the girl out of Heroes so is slightly more feminine in my opinion.

Best of luck choosing!

Well nothing horrible comes to mind with any of those names -- they are all ok, IMO.

Personally i just don't like the nicknames for Sebastian & Nathan - Seb & Nate - just not for me.

Mason is just a name i don't like... no reason why tho.

Isaac can't really be shortened to anything...

Hayden is a bit feminine... But nice

So Zachary & Alexander get my vote -- but i prefer Alexander (love both nicknames: Alex or Xander!!)

I really like Mason, but no sooner had I decided it was my chosen name than I heard someone call her little boy with this name outside my sons school and my mum said 'oh, if you are having a boy I am listening out for names....so and so's baby is called mason I like that'! -now I still like the name, but my fear was it will suddenly become popular so that kind of puts me off!!!

Zachary, Sebastian and Alexander can all be shortened to Zac or Seb/bastian or Alex so that's always helpful....

Your other choices are nice, there are none I dislike but Hayden reminds me of the girl out of Heroes so is slightly more feminine in my opinion.

Best of luck choosing!

I agree with this. I'm also not a fan of Sebastian.
The more I hear Isaac the more I love it x

Dislike the name Sebastian, reminds me of the singing crab from TLM...and Seb is just as bad. Alexander is a very nice name!!

Zachary - Love this and love how it can be shortened to Zach

Mason - This is cute, but i think of it as more of a surname

Sebastian - Not sure...

Isaac - Bit religious for me...

Alexander - Nice and traditional

Hayden - Again Heroes, reminds me of a girls name more i think x

Nathan

Im not gonna point out why I dont like certain names because I wouldnt like to read somebody slagging out my sons name. And lots of people on this forum have named tgeir sons all of the names above. So I'll just write the ones I like:-

Zachary
&
Nathan

I like both of them, even when they are shortened x

Zachary - I love it, but I can't stand the spelling of the nickname Zach, although I love Zac

Mason - for some reason, I just hate it.

Sebastian - I know a Sebastian (although he goes by Seb) who gets the Little Mermaid constantly, and always has names like 'Crabby' shouted at him. I think it's a nice name though.

Isaac - I like it, but I can't imagine it on a person from an English speaking country, it sounds very foreign to me.

Alexander - Love, especially the nicknames Alex and Zander

Hayden - I agree that it's a little feminine, but I love it and that wouldn't stop me using it if I was you.

Nathan - My favourite from your list, I adore the nickname Nate.

Zachary and Nathan are my favourites, and I also love them in their nickname forms Zac & Nate.

Thank you for all the helpful feedback so far ladies. I appreciate the negatives as much as the positives. I'd rather hear them now and see whether they bother me, rather than after he's named. I also like Caleb actually the name Caleb Zachary, but my DH thinks it is a little hard to pronounce with our surname which starts with Lyn......!

Zachary :flower: and Mason. Both gorgeous. xx

Alexander, Zachary & Nathan :thumbup:

I like Caleb Zachary too :flower:

Not to keen on the others xx

Sorry, I just laughed at the connection with the crab! bless! x

Love caleb....its my vote...

I also wanted to point out Hayden Christensen (Anakin Skywalker/Darthvader) so it is a boys name too.

Isaac is kinda blah! not sure why
I have thought of the name Sebastian....but the thought it being called Seb makes me cringe.
Alexander and Zachary are just so plain (for my taste)
although I really like Caleb I think its becoming really popular
I like Mason. Have only known 1 person with this name
Nathan....have nothing bad to say about it...just not one of my faves

SO as you can see I seem to like originality lol

I like Sebastian:flower:

Prefer Nathaniel to Nathan.

Mason is nice as well.

My nephew is Isaac - nickname Ike

Hhhmm!

Zachary is not as common in the UK as in North America, so I think that's why I like it. Something like 75th in the rankings. I don't normally go for names in the top 20, but I think Alexander and Nathan are and that is what seems to put me off them! My only problem with Mason is I'm not sure if I could call out Maya, Mason come here without it feeling a little gimmicky! Hayden was our fav for our last pregnancy, but if it seems to people that it is a girls name here in the UK then that puts me off!

Any more thoughts, these are great!

I love the names Isaac and zaccharay. I also love the name hayden. There is a gorgeous actor called hayden christensen and he played analin skywalker. I love the name but I am obsessed by the actor so I think it would push my hubby over the edge if I used that name. You could also use the welsh spelling which is hadyn. Pronounced had-in

I don't like mason as my hubby is a mason and it would be a bit weird for us to use it

I do like the name deacon tho!

My choice are Isaac jacob or William James

Zachary--I've always loved this name. I think it's really gorgeous.

Mason--I think this one's really cute as well. I only know probably 2 Masons, but the name is getting more popular.

Sebastian--I really like this one too. I have a friend named Sebastian, and he has always gone by Seb. He's never been teased by the name or anything. Everyone always thinks it's a really cool name.

Isaac--This one's beautiful also. I think it's probably my favorite.

Alexander--This one's awesome, too. Very beautiful name.

Hayden--This is the only name I really don't like. I think it's girly and way overused these days. In my high school, there were so many Peytons, Paydens, and Haydens. It got really confusing.

Nathan--I really like this name, too. I think Nathaniel is very pretty, also.

Caleb--I love this one, too!!!

I really think that with your list, it's going to be really hard to go wrong. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->