Your Wound ??

Laraa

Mummy to a PrincEss.xxxxx
Reaction score
Whats everyones wound like? did you have stitches or staples. Have you had any problems with your wound if so what kind of problems and whjat have you done about it? Thought it would be nice to share, think it may be quite useful to everyone.

I had staples and invisible stitches day 5 staples were taken out and now its day 7, wound still looks rasied slightly and abit red. Ive found it quite difficult to keep it dry so i started using muslin squares, placing them on the wound to keep dry as possible changing it often. Ive found this has worked a treat. Today though when i changed the cloth i noticed very faint blood on it about 1cm of it. Dont know what happend there but i am keeping an eye on it.

I would get it checked out anyway. It's not supposed to be red or bleeding. I thought it being swollen especially in the pubic area was normal since I was just cut open, but apparently not! I got up one morning and was in so much pain I couldn't stand. I went to the doctor and ended up being admitted into the hospital for 3 days due to cellulitis/staph in my incision...not fun! I also had a uterine infection a few days before. I didn't have staples though so maybe that's why. I only had internal stitches.

I agree, I would definitely get it checked out anyway. I had dissolvable stitches and the wound seemed to heal just fine thankfully.

I had stitches, they were taken out 4 days later and I was healing very well. I'm now 100% healed at 6 weeks PP and you can't even tell I had a c-section. The incision scar is hardly noticeable. I have had no problems/complications.

I would get checked as PP has stated - wouldn't want it to be infected!

Ooh im glad i found this. The one side is quite red . Its like there is a patch of blood under scar if that makes sense. No pain but will menyion it to mw wednesday x

Ooh im glad i found this. The one side is quite red . Its like there is a patch of blood under scar if that makes sense. No pain but will menyion it to mw wednesday x

i mentioned my to midwife because yesterday i also had some blood by the scar and she confirmed it was an infection. Now on antibiotics to clear it up.

wow staples?
mine is barely noticeable, they OB used dis solvable stitches and I had a plaster tape over it for a day or two then that was removed. There is not raised bumps or red scarring, just a faint pink line really. The stitches came out on their own. I was fortunate but there are different types of C-sections and recovery is different for everyone but i would get yours checked out

Wow, staples!...That sounds painful :|

I had dissolvable stitches too and had my midwife appointment a few days ago and I got told theres nothing there now and my wound is closed, but just slightly bruised :D

Mirroring what the other ladies have said, id definitely get your wound seen if your worried :D

yeah i would too laara, mine is almost non existent so it should not be red and bumpy and staples? I thought they stopped using them in the late 90s???

Just to update, scar split open after this post but is now healing well, keep fingers crossed for me ladies.

You poor thing :hugs: I had dissolvable stitches but they didn't dissolve where they were tied and mine split open about 2cm at the end and that was only a little bit! Thankfully you can't even see it now though. :thumbup: wishing you all the best for your recovery xx

internal disolvible stiches. healed fine. 20 months on the scar is very faint

Just to update, scar split open after this post but is now healing well, keep fingers crossed for me ladies.

OMG you poor thing, no that is not right at all, i think whoever did your section needs some serious training as they did not do it properly:hugs:

Internal stitches, and a "glue" on the skin.

Never had issues with healing, sorry you're going through this :(
Hope it clears up and heals nicely for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->