your xmas present budget?

You mean family friends?

£10 - £15 (sometimes not even that spent)

I use 3 for 2's in BOOTs etc even on kids toys (I take things to the checkout and have them scan and charge me seperately so I don't buy 3 £15 things 3 £5 things and only get the £5 things free lol Ill get them to scan the 3 £15 prezzies then the others after Ive paid for them.

I buy in the year though and get things in sales :D

for family friends its usually around £10. DH - depends what he wants.

Jack - lol - any budget goes out the window. Usually about £250. So far hes got a star wars TV/DVD combi. A bike. a watch, a star wars dressing up outfit, jigsaw.

to get - a skateboard, star wars cd player, games. not sure what else tbh. hes hard to buy for cos hes got everything all ready. But i only have one. xx

This year we've set a budget. I have 4 relatives to buy for so budgeted £20 each, £70 for OH, £25 for OH from LO (something 'daddy' related), £25 for anniversary present (27th Dec) but I'm doing it like £200 is my budget so I may under or over spend on different people. I didn't set a budget for LO, just spent what I wanted/could afford.

I dont really have a budget i think we spend just over a grand on the 3 kids... usually £10 on my best friends son.... i usually give my best friends money....

i dont have a budget per person but i usually spend £5-600 split between:

OH,
was 2 kids (now 3)
my sister
my grandparents
boy next door
best mates 2 (now 3) girls

I don't set a budget normally but think I will have to this year. Probably £10-£15 for mum dad sister brother etc then about £200 for Edward but will massively underspend as everything we'd like for him is being bought by other people for his birthday in november. My mum and dad are getting him a big bath toy, My nan is getting him a trampoline, DHs parents are paying for all the furnishings for his new room and I know my sister will buy him loads of clothes for both birthday and christmas

i have a budget ov a fiver for other peoples kids (i dont buy for adults if they have kids) never have dun.
my parents n his n my sis n bro in law i always do the 3 for 2 in boots.
n the kids ive said 100 each but knowin me will go over, they wont gt many toys as i dont have the room for em.

About £25pp for my brothers, dad, his gf, OHs mum, OHs dad, and a close auntie.
£75 for my mum cos she does a lot for us.
bout £150-200 for Amelie.
few friends and grandparentss etc etc probably about £15-20pp.
People we hardly see but they get us something so we get them something :shrug: £10 per household (usually a box of biscuits and a nice candle or something).

We only buy for the children when it comes to family gifts. Children and our parents.
We leave out a gift exchange between ourselves and our siblings and just make a point of getting together for some sort of party. There is money spent there on food, wine, etc, but it's for the whole group, not a specific gift for a person.
So, on the nieces and nephews, I aim to spend about $20 each, usually books for each, then I get them one more gift that they share together: a board game or some music or something like that. Again about a $20 limit.
Parents, I try to keep in the $50 range.
My husband and I either skip the exchange to each other or we treat ourselves to something for the household - something fancy for cooking or serving or something like that.
And now that we have Simon, I really need to set a budget. He will be tricky because his birthday is so close to Christmas. I think I overspend so that his birthday doesn't get overshadowed! :)

You mean family friends?

£10 - £15 (sometimes not even that spent)

I use 3 for 2's in BOOTs etc even on kids toys (I take things to the checkout and have them scan and charge me seperately so I don't buy 3 £15 things 3 £5 things and only get the £5 things free lol Ill get them to scan the 3 £15 prezzies then the others after Ive paid for them.

I buy in the year though and get things in sales :D

The 3 for 2 in boots actually does that for you, its every third thing price wise is free so they give you it fairly! Most other places don't but boots is excellent I do all mine online! So you shouldn't have to go to the checkout twice x

Each year i set a budget of £5 per person for my friends and extended family gifts and then i will spend around £50 each on my OH and my parents. As my OH's family are muslim we save on gifts there, although we do seen them some sweets as a token gift.

£10-£20 per person, £60-£70 on Oh and i would not even like to think about the amount ive spent on Lo lol

I usually spend about 25 dollars on my sister and about 100 dollars combined on my parents.

For Renah, I bought about 400 dollars worth of stuff, but I haven't decided what is for her birthday and what is for Christmas yet, so I'm not sure how much I spent on her!!

My friends, I usually just give them a card and some chocolate. Or if I'm really in a giving mood, I give like a 10 dollar thing

we used to spend £40 on OH's mum and dad and £30 each on his brother and sister in law, then £10 on other family members e.g Nan

But this year we are skint, so im making hampers for family members with goodies in and then spending £10 on mum, dad, brother and sis in law on a present of their choosing or a gift voucher in their hamper. xx

never had budget so far on stepson i spent bout
£80 so far

I really don't know tbh -

We've got our 4 kids, each other, my mum n dad, his mum, his 2 sisters, my 2 sisters and brother and BIL, 10 nieces and nephews, his nan & grandad and our 2 uncles......theres so many people to get for, but we have said that until we have finished the kids we aren't buying for anyone else, if we can't afford to get them, tough. We can only do what our money is capable of! xx

£10ea for siblings and friends
£20ea for parents
£150 for husband!

We've budgetted £100ish for each of our kids, £10 for our nephews and friends kids (Getting them all vouchers) and then £10 on each parent and £5 for every other adult (Aunties, uncle, grandparents, etc). I will also be using the 3 for 2 in Boots. We used to spend £20 on each "main" adult but we just can't do it anymore, got a new baby to get ready for this year too!

I'd rather spoil my kids than give them less so I can spend more on other people... :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->