• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

You're attending a wedding...which would you wear?!

Sorry I agree with the others, I wouldn't wear either to a wedding!
Short is okay for a wedding if you're more covered up, same as a bit more revealing is okay for a long dress!

Both gorgeous dresses for a night out though :)

I like number 2 would look lovely on you x

I don't like either dress, totally not my style, but appropriate for a wedding? Don't know, don't think it matters! Not that I've ever actually been to a wedding but I'm getting married in November and other than those in my bridal party people could turn up naked for all I care! Doubt the bride will mind unless she's a very pedantic sort of person. Guests, however, may be gossipy, because people just are at weddings, but if that doesn't bother you then go for it!

I'd go for number 2, although I think the blazer idea over the top for the meal is a good idea :)

Am I the only one who prefers number 1 lol? I think they're more prom than wedding but then, I don't know who's wedding it is either! Which makes a difference to what you wear!

Ps, you couldn't get away with those style dresses on a night out in Scarborough either LOL.

Holy sh!t I've just had a look on the site you bought them from. And you bought TWO dresses from there!!!!!

I voted no.2. I love them both, but the first is more of a dress i'd wear going out rather than to a wedding.

Holy sh!t I've just had a look on the site you bought them from. And you bought TWO dresses from there!!!!!

I didn't buy them direct from the website :haha: I couldn't spend THAT much on a dress! I got the two for £45 each :) Massive difference!

I think the only place i'd get away with them would be Essex! A far cry from Hull and Scarb!! :haha: xxx

Oooh I've just been looking at the second dress on ebay, tempted to get one! There is actually a matching shrug to go with that one, could probably find one on ebay on it's own.

Shrug

Oooh I've just been looking at the second dress on ebay, tempted to get one! There is actually a matching shrug to go with that one, could probably find one on ebay on it's own.

Shrug

You can pick them up really cheap on ebay second hand but in excellent condition. I LOVE the white one, but that is definitely a no go and the blue one, but I've not seen one in that colour on ebay yet.
They're called the 'chandra' dress if that helps :flower: xx

I prefer the second one. If they are your style, then I think you should be fine wearing them to a wedding. The people getting married know who you are and the types of things you wear, and if I was getting married I wouldn't find a problem with people wearing the sorts of things they were comfy in even if it wasn't traditional wedding clothes (and I do agree with the others, it's not traditional wedding clothes- and I could personally never get away with a skirt like that with my horrid legs!). I just said number two because I happen to prefer it not because I think it's more appropriate. x

I wouldn't wear either of them...but I voted for number 2! :flower: I think it would be gorgeous if it were the same but with a loooong flowy skirt! I also agree with a pp that said that if those style dresses are your thing, then no one will be surprised to see you like that at a wedding. I'm sure you look gorgeous in both of them!

The first one reminded me on lingerie a bit, but it looks nice for a night out! :flower:

Dammit now I feel frumpy and old :haha:

Thank you for all of your honest opinions :flower:

I'm looking forward to recieving them. Georgie sent me a picture of herself wearing hers (the 2nd one) and its definitely longer than shown on the model. I'll update with pictures if I'm still undecided xx

I really think it depends whos wedding it is, what relation they are to you and if you think they would find it offensive?
Personally I wouldnt be offended if someone turned up in the 2nd dress, its not like your going to the church in it, but I would probably wear a cardigan or something during the meal x

I really think it depends whos wedding it is, what relation they are to you and if you think they would find it offensive?
Personally I wouldnt be offended if someone turned up in the 2nd dress, its not like your going to the church in it, but I would probably wear a cardigan or something during the meal x

I agree it depends whose wedding it was. I personally wouldnt care what people wore to mine, as long as it wasnt the same dress as me!! lol x

I love both dresses they are stunning, not Weddingey. But stunning all the same!
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"