Yummy Dessert Recipes Exchange! :)

lxb

Selina's Momma
Reaction score
https://www.laymark.com/l/cz/cz11.gif
====================================================

Hi All~ Got an idea from a fellow bnb buddy that we should exchange our cookie recipes for the holiday (well.. everyday cookies or holiday cookies.. doesn't matter~ :haha: as long as it has been baked/made and is YUMMY!)

Here's a list to help get started~ I shall add more as time goes? :thumbup:

====================================================

Drinks:
  • Countrygirl's crockpot coconut hot chocolate [awaiting recipe]
  • Onebump's cooked eggnog [awaiting recipe]

Cookies:
  • Echo's Eggnog cookies
    Ingredients:

1 1/4 cups sugar
    3/4 cup butter, room temp
    1/2 cup light eggnog
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    2 egg yolks

2 1/4 cups flour
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
    1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

Directions:

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.

In a large bowl, cream sugar and butter with an electric mixer. Add eggnog, vanilla and egg yolks and beat at medium speed until smooth.

In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix well with a wire whisk and add to your eggnog/sugar/butter mixture.

Stick in the refrigerator until dough is cool

Next drop by rounded teaspoons onto a greased baking sheets , 1 to 2 inches away from each other. Bake for 17 to 22 minutes or until bottoms turn light brown. - Be sure to keep an eye on them

Transfer to cool, flat surface immediately with spatula. - If you leave them on the pan they will burn!

Eggnog Icing
    3 cups powdered sugar
    1/4 cup softened butter
    1/2 cup light eggnog

In small mixer bowl, beat the powdered sugar and butter until well blended. Gradually beat in eggnog until icing is smooth and the desired consistency. You may need less or more egg nog depending on the consistency you like. Then frost the cookies and let the icing harden.

Courtesy of Six Sisters Stuff Blog.
  • Fizzyfefe's Banana oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
    Banana oatmeal chocolate chip cookies

1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
    1 cup white sugar
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    1 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp nutmeg
    1 tsp cinnamon
    3/4 cup shortening
    1 egg, beaten
    1 cup ripe mashed bananas
    1 1/2 cup rolled oats
    1 pkg chocolate chips

Sift together flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon in mixing bowl. Cut in shortening. Add egg, bananas, rolled oats and chocolate chips. Beat with mixer until thoroughly blended. Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 375 degrees F for 15 minutes.
  • Sashimi's Fleur de Sel Chocolate Chip Cookies [Link]
    Twist from Sashimi:
    I put a small sprinkling of Fleur de Sel salt on the cookie dough with it is all rolled out on the cookie sheets and ready to bake. Just a pinch. I love the contrast of sweet and salty.
  • Lauren's Chewy Sugar cookies [Link]
  • Echo's goto NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Chocolate Chip Cookies [link]
  • aknqtpie's Cherry almond Chews [link]
    I have also made them with Macademia nuts.. fantastic that way as well... Not my original recipe, but one to recommend!
  • ReadytoMum's Banana Chocolate Chip Softies! [Link]

Cake:
  • Echo's freaking good and moist pumpkin cake~ [link]
    Changes to the recipe:

I didn't make it as a pan cake. I made it in 2 round cake pans. Then, when cool, I sliced each in half length-wise, creating 4 thin layers and I made extra cream cheese frosting so I wouldn't run out and had a nice thick layer of frosting between each.
  • aknqtpie's Coconut macaroon, Pistachio Button, Cranberry Toffee, Cherry Icebox, and Cowboy Cookies!!! [Link to Recipe -- Pictures]
  • kirsty's carrot cake! [Link]
  • echo's chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting! [Links]
  • Oh_Clementine's banana + raspberry bread! [Link]
  • Oh_Clementine's Coconut cake with apple slices! Link
  • readyORnot - Sugar free carrot cake!! [Link]

Other Goodies:
  • Longing's Chocolate truffles rolled in gingerbread crumbs
    Heat 1.5dl whipped cream and 25g butter in a saucepan. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Stir in 250g dark chocolate and a tsp of instant coffee, or if you have a cup of coffee to hand, add a couple of tsp's of that instead and stir until the mix becomes smooth and shiny. Allow to cool and place in the fridge about 1 hour. Crush about 8 gingerbiscuits into small crumbs. Shape chocolate mixture into round balls and roll directly into gingerbread crumbs. Store in the fridge.
  • lxb's cream puff!
    Puff~
    Puff :: this make about ~30(?) puff balls that can puff to ~1 inch ball
    Ingredient:
    - 1/4 cup butter
    - pinch of salt
    - 1/2 cup water
    - 1/2 cup sifted all-purpose flour
    - 2 eggs

Direction:
    1. Combine 1/2c water, 1/4c butter, and a pinch of salt in a pot and bring it to a boil
    2. Turn to low heat and put in the 1/2c flour into the liquid mixture and STIR!! and it will stick to form a ball/dough
    3. Remove the pot from heat. Add ONE egg to the mixture. It will be liquidy at first like the dough is breaking apart, but if you keep mixing it, it will then form a dough again. Add one more egg and do the same.
    4. Scoop/pipe a teaspoon full of dough onto baking sheet and place them about 1.5 inch apart.

Bake in oven @ 450F for about 12-15 min (it should puff up by then), then turn down the heat to 350F to continue cooking for about ~12min. At least that's my oven setting, but it does varies from oven to oven. if you like bigger puff, just use more dough and cook them a bit longer~
    Custard~
    Custard :: this make about ~2 cups of custard
    Ingredient
    - 2 cup of milk
    - 1/4 cup of white sugar
    - 2 egg yolk
    - 1 egg
    - 1/4 cup of cornstarch
    - 1/3 cup of white sugar
    - 2 tablespoon of butter
    - 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract

Direction:
    1. Combine 2 cups of milk and 1/4c white sugar in a pot and bring it to a boil
    2. In mixer, beat 2 egg yolk and the egg together
    3. Add and mix 1/3 cup of white sugar to the egg mixture
    4. Add and mix 1/4 c of corn starch to the egg mixture
    5. Once the milk+sugar is boiling, add it slowly to the egg mixture while mixing to avoid cooking the egg!
    6. Pour the mixture back into the pot and cook it over medium heat
    7. Stir consistently to avoid the bottom of the custard from burning
    8. The custard should thicken
    9. Remove custard from heat once it's thicken and 2 tablespoon of butter and 1tsp vanilla extract and mix through
  • Aknqtpie - In the spirit of scrumptious goodies.. GIANT KIT KAT!! [link]
  • HWPG - Vegan Black Bean Brownies
    Vegan Black Bean Brownies -Makes one 8 or 9 inch square pan

Ingredients:
    ½ can black (or white) beans
    ¾ cup all purpose flour (or whatever flour you use in baking)
    ½ tsp salt
    ½ tsp baking soda
    1 cup sugar
    ½ cup cocoa powder
    ½ tsp vanilla
    ½ cup water - sometimes i sub in leftover brewed coffee or make instant coffee

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 8 or 9 inch square baking dish.
    Drain beans, rinse, and put half of them back in the can. Cover the beans in the can with water. Pour the beans and water in the can into a food processor/blender and puree them until they are completely smooth.
    Whisk together the dry ingredients. Add the pureed beans, vanilla and additional water to the dry mixture and mix thoroughly. Pour into the prepared pan.
    Bake for 22-25 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through cooking time. Keep an eye on the brownies, you don’t want the edges to overcook.
    Allow to cool completely, then cut into 9 squares.
    Eat whole try (this is an extra step that i added).
  • Echo's Black Bean Brownie [Link]
  • Echo's sage corn muffin! [Link]
  • Kirsty's flapjack! [Link]
  • mommylov Cheesecake! - link
  • mommylov Rocky Road Candy! - link
  • echo's Old-Fashioned Strawberry-Rhubarb Crisp! [Link]

I have a Coconut Almond Cherry Chew cookie recipe. I will upload it tonight when I get home!

https://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/rmc/lowres/rmcn141l.jpg

YAY for cookies! Although boring as it may be, my faves are always the double choc!

Eggnog Cookies

Ingredients:

1 1/4 cups sugar
3/4 cup butter, room temp
1/2 cup light eggnog
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 egg yolks

2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

Directions:

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.

In a large bowl, cream sugar and butter with an electric mixer. Add eggnog, vanilla and egg yolks and beat at medium speed until smooth.

In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix well with a wire whisk and add to your eggnog/sugar/butter mixture.

Stick in the refrigerator until dough is cool

Next drop by rounded teaspoons onto a greased baking sheets , 1 to 2 inches away from each other. Bake for 17 to 22 minutes or until bottoms turn light brown. - Be sure to keep an eye on them

Transfer to cool, flat surface immediately with spatula. - If you leave them on the pan they will burn!

Eggnog Icing
3 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup softened butter
1/2 cup light eggnog

In small mixer bowl, beat the powdered sugar and butter until well blended. Gradually beat in eggnog until icing is smooth and the desired consistency. You may need less or more egg nog depending on the consistency you like. Then frost the cookies and let the icing harden.

Courtesy of Six Sisters Stuff Blog.

And these are my go-to chocolate chip cookies, only I don't add nuts, I replace with extra chocolate chips.

https://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/18476/original-nestl%C3%89-toll-house-chocolate-chip-cookies/detail.aspx

Update orignal post~~~ :thumbup:

I have a feeling I'm going to be busy baking this weekend~! :rofl:

Yummy. Nothing to contribute but will happily pinch and bake. :)

It's a shame I already went to the shops today, but atleast there should be more recipes to choose from by Monday when I go again :wohoo: i'm hungry for cakes now :munch:

Here is my go-to cookie recipe.. They are Cherry almond Chews... SOOO GOOD! I have also made them with Macademia nuts.. fantastic that way as well... Not my original recipe, but one to recommend! :)

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Cherry-Almond-Chews

Yummy. Nothing to contribute but will happily pinch and bake. :)
:haha: bake away~~~ :thumbup:

It's a shame I already went to the shops today, but atleast there should be more recipes to choose from by Monday when I go again :wohoo: i'm hungry for cakes now :munch:
will you be baking some goodies this weekend?

Here is my go-to cookie recipe.. They are Cherry almond Chews... SOOO GOOD! I have also made them with Macademia nuts.. fantastic that way as well... Not my original recipe, but one to recommend! :)

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Cherry-Almond-Chews
:thumbup: added!! looks good!! I have some leftover coconut flakes and not sure what to do with it. now i know~!! :thumbup:

[still looking for a copy of the one I want to add :dohh:]

Thank you ladies for adding all these! They're all so yummy sounding!

I want to try and find a coconut macaroon recipe.. However, I am going to be studying dilligently for a final exam I have in two weeks, so probably won't bake until after that! Once I find a good recipe... I will post it!!!

I am inspired by the Hagan Daaz special coconut Macaroon flavored ice cream... SO GOOD!

MMmm!!

i've tried to make french macaron three times and all failed! it didn't rise nicely and didn't have those little feet either! it turned out to be super sweet... flat... chewy/sticky almond tasting cookie. :dohh:

i do have 2 egg white sitting by the counter (used the yolk for custard). maybe i'll try again :shrug: so discouraging!

If I find a successful recipe.. I will let you know!!!

I love coconut macaroons! When I worked in a bakery, I had to make myself not eat them. :haha:

Not cookies, but this cake came out soooo freaking good and moist, I had to add it. I made it as a birthday cake for my nephew, and it was a big hit!

Changes to the recipe:

I didn't make it as a pan cake. I made it in 2 round cake pans. Then, when cool, I sliced each in half length-wise, creating 4 thin layers and I made extra cream cheese frosting so I wouldn't run out and had a nice thick layer of frosting between each.

https://www.thecomfortofcooking.com/2011/09/pumpkin-spice-cake-with-rich-cream.html

We could just make it a "Really good recipe" exchange.. hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->