1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 ripe bananas, peeled, mashed
2 cups self-raising flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup raspberries
Butter, to serve

Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease base and sides of a 7cm deep, 11cm x 21cm (base) loaf pan. Line with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang at both long ends.
Step 2

Using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until pale. Add egg, in 2 batches, beating well after each addition.
Step 3

Stir in banana. Sift flour and baking powder over banana mixture. Add milk. Stir with a wooden spoon until combined. Carefully fold in raspberries.
Step 4

Spoon mixture into loaf pan. Smooth surface. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Lift onto a wire rack to cool completely. Cut into 10 even slices.

To die for!!!!!

The Cheesecake Factory Original Cheesecake

*** FYI, I doubled the crust recipe, it didnt cover the pan like i wanted it so I doulbe worked out better!***

Crust:
3 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2/3 - 1 cup melted margarine

FILLING:
4 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
5 large eggs

Preparation:
1. Preheat oven to 475°F. Place a large pan filled with 1/2 inch water in oven.
2. Make crust: Mix graham cracker crumbs and cinnamon; add margarine. Press crust onto bottom and 2/3 of the way up a 9-inch spring form pan lined with parchment. Wrap a large piece of foil around bottom of pan. Freeze until filling is prepared.
3. Make filling: Use an electric mixer to mix cream cheese, sugar, sour cream and vanilla. Blend until smooth and creamy. Scrape down sides of bowl. Whisk eggs in a bowl; add to cream cheese mixture. Blend just until eggs are incorporated.
4. Remove crust from freezer and pour in filling. Carefully place cheesecake into preheated water bath. Bake for 12 minutes; turn oven to 350°F and bake until top of cheesecake turns golden, 50 to 60 minutes. Remove cake to a wire rack to cool.

Another one of my favs! Actutally just made these last night!

Rocky Road Candy

Ingredients:
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (12 oz package)
2 tablespoons butter
1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 3/4 cups dry roasted peanuts
3/4 bag of miniature marshmallows

Instructions:
Line a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with non-stick foil. Melt chocolate chips and butter in heavy saucepan over low heat with sweetened condensed milk. Remove from heat. Combine peanuts and marshmallows in large bowl. Stir in chocolate mixture. Spread in prepared pan. Chill 2 hours or until firm. Remove from pan by lifting edges of foil; peel off foil. Cut into squares. Alternatively, you can make the recipe in the microwave. Heat the condensed milk and butter for 1 minute in a microwave-safe bowl. Add the chips and stir well. Microwave for another 30 seconds, stir until chips are melted and smooth. Then stir in peanuts and marshmallows. Press into the lined pan. Let set, then cut. Enjoy!

Hmmm, how about something as simple as fresh fruit with some whipped cream on top :)? I love the dessert ideas though!

Angel food cake with fresh strawberries and cool whip... simple and one of my hubby's favs!

https://cdn.taste.com.au/images/recipes/wfr/2005/10/14033_l.jpg

340g pkt golden buttercake mix
1 cup (90g) desiccated coconut
125g butter, melted
400g can apple pieces
300g sour cream
1 tsp cinnamon sugar

Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease a 20cm square cake pan. Line base and the two opposite sides with baking paper, extending the paper 5cm over edge of pan.
Step 2

Combine cake mix, coconut and butter in a medium bowl. Press mixture evenly over base of prepared pan. Cook for 15 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool slightly.
Step 3

Spread apple evenly over base, then spread sour cream evenly over apple and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Cook for further 20 minutes, or until sour cream has set.
Step 4

Cool in pan. Cut the slice into fingers to serve.

https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/14033/apple+cinnamon+slice

that looked.. AMAZING!! **drool**

But, I did actually make something. :)

Old Fashioned Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp.

Mmm.

Recipe is attached.

Substitutions:

Turbinado sugar for crisp crust
Earth Balance for butter
Coconut Oil for Canola.

I don't have a pic, as it was so good, hubby ate it. All.

https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/old-fashioned-strawberry-rhubarb-crisp

Mmm~~~~

I baked some blueberry muffin over the weekend... was going to bake some cookies but I ran out of flour!! :shock: :shock: first time ever!!

YOU? You ran out of flour? :haha: It has happened to the best of us. I once ran out of flour and tried to substitute with ground flax. Not the same.

Hi Ladies

Mind if I join - I'm a friend of Mommylove:happydance:

I am not really a baker - unless it is out of a packet:blush:

Maybe I should start? - it will help to pass the next couple of months until we can try again:happydance:

It made me laugh you saying you ran out of flour - I did an on line shop last month and thought I ordered 1 bag of flour (just in case the kids needed it for baking at school) instead I had ordered 11 - so plenty of flour in this house :haha:

Can you start me off with a simple recipe?:winkwink:

:hugs:

X

echo - :haha: i know right?! FLOUR! ME! :rofl:

garfie - of course you can join~ welcome~! :) I always thought I'm almost out of flour.. so I would always get a bag.. and ended up with 2 extra bags in the cabinet! But I guess I haven't been baking much lately (well... or should I say I haven't been thinking 'i'm out of flour' when I go grocery shopping lately :haha:)

11 bags is plenty~! :haha:

what type of goodies do you want to make? cookies? cupcake? cake? truffles?

It's summer! Someone should make strawberry shortcake (with real shortcake biscuits)!

echo - :haha: i know right?! FLOUR! ME! :rofl:

garfie - of course you can join~ welcome~! :) I always thought I'm almost out of flour.. so I would always get a bag.. and ended up with 2 extra bags in the cabinet! But I guess I haven't been baking much lately (well... or should I say I haven't been thinking 'i'm out of flour' when I go grocery shopping lately :haha:)

11 bags is plenty~! :haha:

what type of goodies do you want to make? cookies? cupcake? cake? truffles?

Thanks Ladies

Something very simple :haha: I have lots of flour but the rest I might need to get in :winkwink:

X

Mmm.. strawberry shortcake sounds delicious!!

garfie - i think cookies are easier to make than cakes~

Ok I will be guided by you any EASY cookie recipes for me to try?:winkwink:

X

:haha: what type of cookies do you think you would like? there are some cookies recipe on the very first page...

do you want chocolate chip cookie? Snickerdoodle cookies are great too~ I wanted to make some snickerdoodle cookie over the weekend but I ran out of flour!! :dohh: :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->