Zinc for Men and More?

sweetie888

Expecting our 1st!
Reaction score
Hi Ladies!

I'm starting out this cycle with continued positive thinking!

1. I know there was a thread mentioning that ZINC supplements did wonders for their OH. I checked OH's mens' multivitamin and is has the 100% daily recommended value of Zinc. Can someone tell me how many Mg of Zinc they were taking/using?

2. I didn't plan on temping and learning all the BBT stuff - didn't want to stress out about. But seeing a BBT thermometer at Target the other day for just $8, I figured "why not". Not telling OH about it. Don't want him to stress out either. I still have a lot to learn about it - have not been good about the "same time", "don't get up and move", etc. Is there any "special temp" I should be on the lookout for? Or is BBT really just for tracking and getting more in tune with your own body and recognizing ovulation after the fact?

3. I've been terrible at checking CM. Every time I've checked, it's just nothing like what y'all describe EWCM, stretchy, clear, etc. I think I'm pretty "dry"? I heard a lot of mentions of Robitussin, so I did some research, bought Mucinex (which helps with my constant congestion anyways) and decided to start taking it today. [Key ingredient: Guaifenesin] Now for the fun of more checking CM! Note sarcasm. hahah

I'm not trying to stress much. Just love to exert every option, helpful hints, and even old wives tales to get this bun in the oven ASAP! Any more ideas ladies? What new things are you implementing this cycle?

you are like me today... i'm sitting here thinking . . AM I DOING ENOUGH??!!

we should really give ourselves a break but its so hard when af shows up every month!

about the zinc. mens can take 30mg of zinc a day to increase sperm and motility!! very good descision to have oh take it!! i have put my oh on a multivitamin as well this month so hoping it works! if it has 100% zinc then thats great!! my oh's multivit only has 5mg of zinc a day but i'll see how this month goes and if nothing, i will up the dosage a bit!!

i use opk's but do not do bbt temps. i stress enough as it is... lol!! tempting is very good to see when you ovulate and when implantation can possibly happen! fertility friend website has a nice charthing thingy.. i'm not too hot on the chartig but you can always google a bit... lots of info on charthing!

i check cm every now and then but im pretty dry also... which made me think thats our problem. i am starting evening primrose oil this month to see if my cm increases! i'm o'ing this coming weekend and i'm hoping my opk's give me the go ahead and my cm will be more!

i'm not discussing all this stuff with oh either. they don't really get it and we don't want them to stress about us stressing bcoz its not happening either!!

are you using opk"s and how long is your cycle?

Can I suggest a supplement called "Menevit"? I don't know if anyone has heard of it but we have it here in Australia and I had a friend who conceived using it. Just a thought! Babydust to you!

Hi ladies, it's my second TTC cycle. I have put the hubby on zinc, in on it too as well as folic acid. I have been using opk sticks (digital clear blue ones) however they haven't picked up a surge this month.... However I do feel like I ovulated so who knows. I know a lot of people who never got a positive opk but got pregnant so we'll see. We have been using preseed a bit. I had a tiny bit of blood after bd on Saturday (should have been ov day), more like a pinkish smear on toilet paper than actual blood, so I'm hoping that was ovulation bleed. I have always been a bleed-er mid cycle LOL! Might bd one last time tonight and then 2ww.....

j1405 - I'm actually not stressing about it too much. I think I just like to be prepared and use everything I can to help our chances! I've heard a few mentions on here about evening primrose oil. I'll have to look into that? It's to help with CM? Do you take it every day or at a certain time of the month?

Pebbles11 - I did use OPKs all last month. I went through 3 packs of First Response in one cycle, to never get a true positive. I still feel like I ovulated though - got cramping, tenderness, etc... This month I both the cheap Target dip-stick type of OPKs so I can test longer and more often (probably every day after AF).
That sucks about the mid-cycle bleeding. But at least you know that it's normal for you.

hapi2bhealthy - Thanks for the suggestion! I;ll look that up!

I just checked OHs multi vitamin. His 100% DRV of Zinc is only 15 mg. I may go buy him and addt'l supplement then. And Folic Acid? I never thought of that for men either. His has 400mcg (100% DRV)

The evening primrose you only take from af until o. No longer than that, it can cause uterine contractions! U should give it a try!

j1405 - THANKS! I just went out and bought a bottle of EPO tonight and took my first one!

Also a NOTE on ZINC - DH was NOT into taking the extra Zinc. Apparently, excess Zinc can cause a lot of health problems. So... yeah I won't push the extra Zinc. :)

Yep, got DH on zinc and selenium :)

j1405 - THANKS! I just went out and bought a bottle of EPO tonight and took my first one!

Also a NOTE on ZINC - DH was NOT into taking the extra Zinc. Apparently, excess Zinc can cause a lot of health problems. So... yeah I won't push the extra Zinc. :)

you should do about 2000mg of epo. this is my first month so i have yet to see changes in my cm. i'm still very dry but then also its still a weeeeeek till o... argh!! dh does not have to take extra ZINC. just normal 30mg a day, which all men should actually take. maybe a good multivitamin will sit better with him as that promotes over all healt?!

wel i'm holding thumbs that the epo will do the trick for us this month!! i mean we will be giving those spermies all they desire.. nice fertile cm to live in :)

DH's taking zinc (30 mg) and folic acid (400 mg) along with an essential multivitamin. As far as EPO, I've been taking 3000 mg for the last few months and it's done wonders to increase cm quantity and quality. I love it (except for the after taste, yuck!!).

DH's taking zinc (30 mg) and folic acid (400 mg) along with an essential multivitamin. As far as EPO, I've been taking 3000 mg for the last few months and it's done wonders to increase cm quantity and quality. I love it (except for the after taste, yuck!!).

wow so your chances to have a bfp sound really great!! i only started epo this month and oh started his multivit this month so i'm hoping we will have some luck

i have not seen any change in cm since starting epo and i take 2000mg a day and i drink lost of water. but then again its still a whole week till i o so the cm should still increase right?? the only side effect i have is a headache from hell after i've taken the epo!

wow so your chances to have a bfp sound really great!! i only started epo this month and oh started his multivit this month so i'm hoping we will have some luck

i have not seen any change in cm since starting epo and i take 2000mg a day and i drink lost of water. but then again its still a whole week till i o so the cm should still increase right?? the only side effect i have is a headache from hell after i've taken the epo!

Gah! I really really hope so! I'm due to test on Valentine's Day if AF doesn't show on the 13th. You should definitely notice some improvement as you get closer to ovulation, I usually get 3 or 4 days of lots of ewcm. I love what EPO has done for my cm and I'll keep taking it if I don't get my bfp next week. Best of luck to you!!

thanks!! wel i really do hope your valentines will be filled with red hearts and nothing af like... lol!! keep us informed and baby dust to you!!xx

[/QUOTE]you should do about 2000mg of epo. this is my first month so i have yet to see changes in my cm. i'm still very dry but then also its still a weeeeeek till o... argh!! dh does not have to take extra ZINC. just normal 30mg a day, which all men should actually take. maybe a good multivitamin will sit better with him as that promotes over all healt?!

wel i'm holding thumbs that the epo will do the trick for us this month!! i mean we will be giving those spermies all they desire.. nice fertile cm to live in :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the dosage info! I bought the 500mg, so I guess I will try to take 2 for 2xs a day!

Hmm... DH's multi only has 15mg Zinc and when I bought the smallest size supplement I could find (50mg) he was not having it. His multi does have Selenium and Folic Acid too, but I might look for a better multi with more Zinc.

you should do about 2000mg of epo. this is my first month so i have yet to see changes in my cm. i'm still very dry but then also its still a weeeeeek till o... argh!! dh does not have to take extra ZINC. just normal 30mg a day, which all men should actually take. maybe a good multivitamin will sit better with him as that promotes over all healt?!

wel i'm holding thumbs that the epo will do the trick for us this month!! i mean we will be giving those spermies all they desire.. nice fertile cm to live in :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the dosage info! I bought the 500mg, so I guess I will try to take 2 for 2xs a day!

Hmm... DH's multi only has 15mg Zinc and when I bought the smallest size supplement I could find (50mg) he was not having it. His multi does have Selenium and Folic Acid too, but I might look for a better multi with more Zinc.[/QUOTE]

hi, yes the epo you should at least take 1500mg but 2000 is better! wel my oh's multivit only has 5mg zinc in... but also selenium and 400mg of folic acid! not happy with the dosage of zinc but he is not a fan of taking anything more than the multivit either! and the bad this for me is my oh has a highly stressfull job :( so i think he kills most of his spermies by just simply stressing too much... wel, hoping the epo and multivit wil create a good enviroment for the sperm, or the little there might be.

wel, i just feel its either my cm or his spermies thats the problem bcoz other than that we are very healthy and take all the right supplements and bd right times.

so holding thumbs!!! only 6 more days or less. when do you guys bd? every day or every other?

AF just ended and we dtd tonight. We plan to :sex: at least every other night until I'm going to guess 2/10. I'm estimating OV to be 2/13 or 2/14. And afterwards I still plan to DTD every other day (just in case). :winkwink:

I've started doing the OPKs since yesterday morning. This time I'm determined to OPK test every day at least once until I get a close to positive. :thumbup: I worry last cycle I might have thought I OV and had to stop :sex: the day after I thought I OV (DH got terribly sick). I bought the cheaper Target OPKs so I can test more frequently.

My oh is on 30mg zinc and a multivitamin 'ultra man' from h&b. I'm taking pregnacare conception too.

Got a positive opk yesterday so dtd last night and will tonight too

Good luck to you all! X

AF just ended and we dtd tonight. We plan to :sex: at least every other night until I'm going to guess 2/10. I'm estimating OV to be 2/13 or 2/14. And afterwards I still plan to DTD every other day (just in case). :winkwink:

I've started doing the OPKs since yesterday morning. This time I'm determined to OPK test every day at least once until I get a close to positive. :thumbup: I worry last cycle I might have thought I OV and had to stop :sex: the day after I thought I OV (DH got terribly sick). I bought the cheaper Target OPKs so I can test more frequently.

wel my o is around the same time as yours. i plan to start opk's from friday till tuesday and longer if i do not get a positive. my cm is still very milky so i assume i will o on time this month! my cycles are pretty regular so i'm just thinking to bd every 2nd day also. just to have oh accumulate some spermies. i think we'll bd tonight, friday, sunday and tuesday. obviously also depending on when i get a positive opk!

but you are covering your bases nicely so i'm really excited that this will be our month!!! xx

My oh is on 30mg zinc and a multivitamin 'ultra man' from h&b. I'm taking pregnacare conception too.

Good luck to you all! X

great!! i think you have a great chance! taking the righ vitamins for both enhances your chances!

i'm waiting to start using opk's friday so cant wait for the week to move ahead already!!

good luck and i'm hoping that you will also get your bfp :) :happydance:

we will all be in the tww together!!

Good luck to you all! X

great!! i think you have a great chance! taking the righ vitamins for both enhances your chances!

i'm waiting to start using opk's friday so cant wait for the week to move ahead already!!

good luck and i'm hoping that you will also get your bfp :) :happydance:

we will all be in the tww together!!

Awesome!

We dtd sat, Sunday, yesterday. I'm really hoping this is our month! We've been ntnp for 18 months now and have decided to try actively now.

I've just received preseed today so will use it tonight, can't hurt!

My cm doesn't seem fertile, quite dry and sticky so I'm not sure I've ov yet.

Keep us posted on your opks! Which ones do you use?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->