Zinc for Men and More?

Congratulations Sweetie! I can't believe all the zinc ladies now have babies! How did it go Sweetie? Would love to hear your birth story!

How are Oliver and Ethan getting on? I've been meaning to post for ages but time is just whizzing by. Zac is 11 weeks today!! He's doing really well. He's a very smiley baby (much more than Luca was)! He's tending to feed 3 hourly now. Are your bubbas still breastfeeding? It's hard work with two, but I love seeing the bond between them both.

Hope you're all well and I'd love to hear how you're getting on c

Yay just saw on FB too! Congrats sweetie!! Amazing we all have our babies :))

Oliver is great, 10 weeks old, v smiley now too, going through a growth spurt so eating and sleeping loads more than usual during the day. Sleeps well at night now and only gets up once around 4am for a feed.
Breastfeeding going really well, I love it.

Glad to hear Zac is doing well :) I can't imagine how hard it must be with two! I think I'm going to leave at least 3 years until the next one! But then I worry that it will take long to ttc again?

Hope Ethan is doing well! Would love to see some recent pics of your bubbas xx

https://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w402/oceanpearl2/A767CC34-6F2B-4DC5-BCED-011A80C1E3D1-430-0000007EB6383BEB_zps01cc31c7.jpg

https://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w402/oceanpearl2/77CCD95C-BB16-4BFE-B105-C402BF6C6985-430-0000007EBE750B02_zps521ddef3.jpg

I love being a mum so much :)

Happy first Mother's Day to all you yummy mummy's!!! Hope you all get spoilt!

Oliver is so cute! Sounds like feeding is going well. Zac is in a similar pattern at night, but for the last couple of nights I've fallen asleep feeding and woken up an hour or two later! Then he doesn't want to be put down again! I really must try to stay awake!

We're really pleased with the 3 year gap, it works well as Luca can be quite independent. Bu as you say, it's not something that can be chosen! We had planned a 2 year gap but then took a year TTC. Having said that, I've got a friend who took ages TTC no 1, started TTC no 2 really quickly and then got pregnant straight away so her two are really close in age. What will be will be!

Happy Mother's Day!

Yes very true Amanda, you never know what will happen! X

firstly, congrats to sweetie!!! we are all mothers now! how amazing is that!!

with us its going really well :) my sweetheart is nearly 8 weeks and getting there with the longer nights. some nights he would sleep for 4 to 5 hours straight and other nights he wants to feed every 2 hours. trying to get him on a 3 hour routine during the day at least as its quite hard to feed him every 2 hours.

i'm also still breastfeeding and love every second of it! i love having him so close to me and the cute little sound he makes when he drinks. will try breastfeed for at least 6 months. he is starting to smile now and its amazing to see how he grows up! if i knew being a mom was this awesome i would have done it allot sooner! i'm also waiting 3 years at least until the next one. i want to enjoy my little guy first!

i'm planning our wedding at the moment and its something new to get excited about after the pregnancy. we will marry in September or October and i'm really looking forward to it! oh has been amazing with ethan and loves him to bits. he helps me allot and its awesome to have a partner that is this involved.

i'm glad you ladies are doing well!! must say, NOT looking forward to go back to work in May! will miss him terribly!

Ah so lovely to hear from you Jessica, your bubba is gorgeous!

Glad everything is going well and how exciting planning a weddin now xx

Hi all. So glad it's going well for you J. Ethan is a little cutie! Will you be going back to work full time? Have you planned who will have Ethan yet or is he going to nursery? I'm not sure what will happen to Zac when I go back to work yet. Last time my mum had Luca for me but I'm not sure she's going to want two! Fortunately I'm able to have the full year off so I won't be going back until Jan next year. So exciting that you're now planning the wedding and threat Ethan can be part of it with you! Will it be a big wedding?

How are you girls getting on OP and Sweetie? When will you have to go back to work OP? Time is whizzing by so quickly!

Zac is still doing well although he has chicken pox at the mo :-(. Luca had it and so there was not much chance of him not getting it. Fortunately so far he only has about 12 spots and he isn't bothered by them at the moment so I'm hoping he only gets it mildly. I think the breastfeeding has probably helped. Are you feeding Sweetie? How was your birth?

Happy Easter to you all!

Happy Easter! Time is indeed flying! I keep telling Oliver to stop growing so big lol. He's well into his 3-6 month stuff now, felt quite emotional packing his newborn and 0-3 stuff away.

I don't have to rush back to work as I'm self employed and my company is fine without me physically there but I can work from home. I always wanted to be a sahm so I would like to stay at home until he's in nursery at 2 maybe. We'll see what happens.

Poor zac with chicken pox! It's good he gets it out of the way now, I've heard they aren't too badly affected by it when young. Glad he's not phased by it.

Xx

hi ladies!!

its my last month at home with ethan!! :( :(

i have to go back to work full time from May and i'm not looking forward to it at all. i will be putting him in a nursery school and its going to be quite an adjustment not to be with him the whole day! wish i could stay and work from home like you op!! you still have a while amanda, thats so nice!

Ethan is a real cutie pie, laughs allot now and is growing perfectly on schedule according to the nurse. The thing is though, he is still not fitting into 0-3 month clothes! and he is almost 3 months already! He is only slightly outgrowing his newborn things but the 0-3 months are really big still.

Another thing that i'm struggling with is he is still feeding every 2 hours!! he sleeps one 4 hour stretch at night and then its back to feeding every 2 hours. is this normal?? everyone tells me he needs to feed every 3-4 hours by now but how do i stretch his feeds if he wakes up like clockwork every 2 hours??

we are having a small wedding with close family and friends and its going to be special to have ethan there too!! its only in October but really looking forward to that! sorry to hear about Zac's chicken pox! hope its not too bad!

Hi J, I wouldn't worry about the clothes. If the nurse says he's on schedule then I'm sure he's fine! Be pleased he's getting use out of him newborn stuff! Zac only wore his for about 4 weeks! How much does he weigh now?

Luca used to feed 2 hourly too, I can't remember how old he was when he started going longer. But don't worry about what other people say. Every baby is different and you're giving him everything he needs. Zac was 2 hourly for a while too but I've managed to get him into a 3 hourly routine now. Does Ethan nap between every feed? Our routine now is 'eat, activity, sleep'. I remember reading about it and Luca slotted into that routine too when he was a bit older. Not sure whose theory it is though! Eg if I feed Zac in the morning starting at 9am (the feed can be anything from 5-45 mins depending on what else is going on and how distracted he is!), then he will be awake until about 10.30. He then starts to get grumpy. Early on I thought it was because he was hungry again and so would feed him, but now I've realised it's cos he's tired. So at this point I either go out in the car or put him in the pram (neither of my boys would/will sleep in a cot during the day!). He'll then go to sleep, anything from half hour to and hour and a half. If he has a short nap he usually wakes up happy and will happy look around/at toys etc until the 3 hours. Does that make sense!?!? It doesn't always work that way and the start time changes every day! I do try to plan mg trips out to coincide with when he needs to sleep but it doesn't always work!! In fact he's currently fast asleep on me straight after his feed this evening!!! He's been a bit grumpy today and we had a bad night last night. I think it's cos I ate a whole Easter egg yesterday! We both paid the price though :-(

That's great op that you get to work from home until Oliver is 2! Glad everything is going well for you! I know what you mean about packing all the little clothes away. Although last time I got to put them all in the loft. This time I need to get rid of it all because we're not planning on having any more but I haven't been able to bring myself to do that yet!!!

wel yes they say he is growing perfectly, we weighed him about a month ago and then he was 5.5kg which is perfectly normal and in line with how he is supposed to grow. he is just a little skinny i guess not allot of fat yet :)

i have managed to get him to feed every 3 hours now!! thank goodness! i get to sleep at night lol
he does not sleep after every feed during the day, he is awake most of the time and will dose off here and there for 15 to 30 mins and sometimes if he hasn't slept the whole day he will sleep a good 2 hours in the afternoon. i should try and see what his sleeping pattern is during the day, to be honnest i didn't really notice when he sleeps and not because i'm at home with him and busy with things around the house most of the time.

at night he sleeps after every feed, no problems there and sometimes only wakes up every 4 to 5 hours which is awesome. he still has problems with cramps as well even though i try to keep my diet as clean as possible! i got him a probiotic again today and hoping that would help a bit. i've read from 3 months it gets better but if you are not eating right whilst breastfeeding i don't think it will ever get better until they start eating solids.

he gets the cramps bad almost every day and i hate pumping him full of medicines etc! and i mean i really eat well!! guess its the milk here and the egg there that makes the difference.

you are so lucky to stay at home with your boys!! i'm not looking forward to leaving him may!! :(

Hi J, I had problems with Luca being very windy too and have also had days with Zac too. I've found though that I'm fine with dairy and eggs. I've had problems with more acidic type foods. I've now cut out completely citrus fruits, grapes, strawberries and tomatoes and he's much better. Perhaps make a note about what you're eating? I've also bought an ebook called calming colic which is very interesting. I'm happy to send it to you if you like? Just pm me your email address xx

Hi Ladies, how are you all doing? How are your little ones sleeping/feeding etc? Op I saw a pic on fb of O sucking a corn on the cob! Are you weaning yet? I'm not sure when I'll start, probably in a few weeks! It seems to have come round so quickly! I cAnt believe Z will be 5 months in 3 days! It's crazy! Hope you're all well xx

Hey Amanda, we're doing well thanks. Oli has basically taken a very keen interest in food on his own and actually cries and reaches out when we're eating! As I was planning on baby led weaning we're just going with the flow. He has tastes of things every other day, but doesn't really eat anything, just plays and explore it!

He's sleeping well, has a good routine now, goes to bed at 8pm and wakes up once for a feed usually around 2/3am then back to sleep until 6.30/7am with the odd hiccup now and then! I'm sure he's teething as he's dribbling and gnawing and anything he can get his hands on! Plus I can see a little white dot on his lower gums.

Happy 5 months to Zac! I can't believe how quick it's gone! I was feeling a bit sad yesterday as my baby is growing so much and becoming a little boy almost now! I miss the newborn stage quite a bit (but am loving seeing him grow etc). Plus I love that I can play with him now and take him to more places. We go to yoga, cinema, tomorrow we're going to the British museum for a parent view exhibition, which should be fun!

How is Zac doing? Are you going to do any sleep training? oli always falls asleep on the boob and has to be dead asleep before going in his cot, even then he wakes sometimes so usually ends up in bed with us. I'm aware of this now and don't want it to be like this for too much longer. I'm thinking of trying the gradual retreat solution (or anything that doesn't include crying it out) as I don't want him to only be able to sleep with a boob in his mouth, but I think it's going to be tough to crack!

X

hi ladies!

glad to hear things are good with u guys!! the kids grow way too fast right!!! but its incredible to see them grow into tiny human beings.

ethan is 4 months and i stopped bf him now this week. he kinda weaned himself since he started going to nursery school and got frustrated when i tried to breastfeel because he got used to the bottle and drinking breastmilk from it.

so now, since he is not drinking from me any longer, my milk has slowly but surely faded away and it got hard expressing. would have loved to breastfeed for longer but he decided otherwise :)

i must say some days i also miss that tiny newborn body! but i love all the smiles i get and his eyes following me around the room etc. he is so beautifull and i can cuddle him to death! haha

he is much better now with the winds and hardly has any cramps anymore, so just think he kinda outgrew that. its so cool that oliver has started testing food himself! i hope ethan does that too.

i'm lucky with regards to him sleeping in his own 'bed'. he has no problem with that and luckily i don't have to struggle getting him out of ours. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->