Zofran for MS

MyMomToldMe

Reaction score
My midwife gave me a prescription of Zofran for MS. I have been sick all day for two days straight (except for the time I held it to go to work). It has been limited my sleep and everything.

I took the medicine last night, and it was amazingly helpful. Right away, I felt no nausea.

I'd love to eat, but I don't want to take it too often.

Have you guys ever taken this med? If so, what is the consensus?

I take it twice a day every day. It keeps the nausea down but doesn't completely stop it for me. I don't think I'd be able to eat anything other than toast and crackers without it, and I still can't eat a wide variety of foods with it...but it's a lot better than nothing!

I'm generally an all natural sort of girl, but I think not being completely miserable and getting nutrition on a daily basis is really important.

I took it a little bit in my first tri. I found it really helped ms, but be forewarned that it can sometimes cause constipation. Haha I can vouch for that! Benefits outweighed the discomfort IMO though.

i took zofran from 6 weeks until the very day i delivered. absolutely AMAZING!!!!!

I took Zofran during my 7th week, once a day, and it was a HUGE improvement. I was in bed all day, as soon as I stood up I'd start throwing up and not be able to stop for hours (really dehydrated), and taking the Zofran stopped me from throwing up every time.

I would caution you, however, to take extra fiber supplements or eat a lot of prunes when you take the Zofran. TMI, but the constipation was so bad for me it was almost worse than the m/s :( I wish I'd known, I would have been drinking prune juice like my life depended on it!

Zofran is amazing! I'm on it for hyperemesis & I can finally keep food down, still taking it twice daily into my 12w4d but yes it's bad fir constipation thoug :(

I'm on Zofran as well because I have hyperemesis. It's really helped me... but sometimes I don't take it this time... like this morning, I woke up, felt sick and took the pill... 2 seconds later I was running to the bathroom. :haha: It was awful. It also makes my constipation really bad. I wish I could stop taking it because of that side effect but I kind of need it just to function. :(

I take it too. It seems to help me get out of bed and function a little, but I'm still queasy all day long.

I take it once a day (right before bed). It helps me last through the next morning and afternoon.

I would say it works wonders. but as another poster said take caution of the constipation and I would eat some fiber to keep the constipation at a minimum!!

I've been taking it since 6 weeks! I take one every morning before I get out of bed. Without it I cannot eat at all. My OB said if I had to take it until the day I deliver than that would be perfectly fine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->