£2500 fine?

S

Serene123

Did anyone know that in Scotland businesses can be fined up to £2500 for asking someone to stop breast feeding? Not in England or Wales yet though.

https://www.breastfeeding.co.uk/ind...-be-a-womans-right&catid=36:uk-news&Itemid=11

Yes :D FABULOUS law. Hope it comes to England and Wales soon.

And so they should! It's not like there aren't boobs flaunted all over the place in tacky magazines, why should people be shunned for doing what nature intended?

I agree. I had to investigate after someone in WTT said in the UK it was the case. Turns out it's only Scotland right now though.!

I think thats fantastic! I wish women were protected that well here! I took Carter and Erica to the park the other day and was feeding Carter. I had a receiving blanket covering us even tho legally I dont have to, and this lady walked over to me like she was gonna say something, then just gave me a dirty look and walked away. I was ready to argue if she had said anything.

It's beyond me that you can read, and I use that term loosely, The Sun (page 3) anywhere yet people still take offence to a woman feeding her baby.

Delta Airlines in Atlanta, GA (USA) is getting sued by a lady that they forced off a plane because she was breastfeeding. Some stories say she refused to cover up and others say it was the breastfeeding itself they wanted stopped. Either way they are in so much trouble... breastfeeding groups are going to put them through the ringer! I've never had a business get upset about it but I've gotten terribly rude comments from random strangers.

Delta Airlines in Atlanta, GA (USA) is getting sued by a lady that they forced off a plane because she was breastfeeding. Some stories say she refused to cover up and others say it was the breastfeeding itself they wanted stopped. Either way they are in so much trouble... breastfeeding groups are going to put them through the ringer! I've never had a business get upset about it but I've gotten terribly rude comments from random strangers.

I hope you told those random strangers to f*** off! People are unbelievable.

I must admit that when I see a woman breastfeeding in public, and it's not very often, I probably stare a little too long because I think it's wonderful. It's like looking into the pram at a newborn or saying hello to a random toddler who approaches you. I hope they never think I'm thinking what they are doing is not acceptable in a public place.

Sorry for the ramble. :haha:

Brilliant idea! i seen somone on the news the other day had been asked too stop in Mcdonalds in Newcastle! Oh i would LOVE someone too ask me to stop feeding my baby i really would!

Yup, when i BF this little one when she comes along, i can go into a bank whip my booby out infront of the manager and they cant do jack shit :rofl:

In dundee there is a few bisunesses that actually have breastfeeding sections ect for mums :)

should def bring that law here...someone stupid girl was saying 'yuk thats filth and dirty' the other day when i was trying to feed my baby whilst waiting to register her and i was completely covered up with a blanket too....couldnt believe it!! i was so angry

Yeah and she's probably one of those out flaunting everything on a Friday/Saturday night. :dohh: Which, apparently, isn't filthy and/or disgusting ....

Makes you wonder what kids in this society are being brought up to think ... it's perfectly acceptable to run about half naked for attention, but disgusting to feed your baby discretely and as nature intended .... sad, sad, sad.

should def bring that law here...someone stupid girl was saying 'yuk thats filth and dirty' the other day when i was trying to feed my baby whilst waiting to register her and i was completely covered up with a blanket too....couldnt believe it!! i was so angry

How old? Over the age of 18 they would've got told to f*** off! x

yep she was over 18, with her boyfriend so i think she was more worried that he might look over and see something....i was so shocked i just didnt know what to say. it was horrible as i felt like i was doing something wrong when i wasnt. i wasnt even showing anything either! :(

This os one of the reasons Im too scared to BF in public, and I know I shouldnt be. Im going on holiday for 11 nights on Mon and have decided to start feeding in public over there first and build my confidence up. How do you react when you get comments like that? Need some witty comebacks at the ready :winkwink:!

Am really loving this forum, its making me realise that if anyone has a problem with it, its THEIR problem, not ours! xxxxx

i read the other day that it's part of the 1975 sex discrimination act that if a breastfeeding mother is asked to stop feeding in a public place they can seek damages (so if you're in a cafe or doctors surgery for example you could sue for damages under that act) and if your child is under 6 months you can also sue under the maternity laws (sorry can't remember exact name!)

Next time, if someone asks me stop breast feeding I'll just say "no sorry, I can't," and see how they react

its madness - no one should be asked to stop feeding their baby in public!! i just cant believe how backwards some people are!! makes me so angry

xx

i read the other day that it's part of the 1975 sex discrimination act that if a breastfeeding mother is asked to stop feeding in a public place they can seek damages (so if you're in a cafe or doctors surgery for example you could sue for damages under that act) and if your child is under 6 months you can also sue under the maternity laws (sorry can't remember exact name!)

This is exactly what i was going to say!

Thankfully i have had nothing but positive attention when feeding DD in public. One older lady came up to me and told me how lovely it is that in this day and age i can feed my baby in public. She said that when she had hers she had to go and sit in the car outside, even when it was freezing cold!

I've fed her sat right in the middle of a busy restaurant and no one so much as stared. It was really good. I was expecting some nasty comments before i actually did it, but i've never had any.

I'd like to see someone f***ing try, let me tell you!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->