£30 nappy voucher - don't know what to buy, recommendations?

Mary Jo

Mummy to Adam and Joel
Reaction score
:) I decided to use cloth nappies before my son was born and applied for the £30 voucher my council offered (it's part of the Real Nappies for London campaign). I haven't used it yet because I didn't know what would work for us, so I decided to buy pre-loved nappies first because they were a lot cheaper than new. I got a bunch of Little Lambs (mostly cotton and bamboo) and wraps, and a few bamboo flats. Haven't tried the flats yet as my boy is quite small and the nappies are quite big but the Little Lambs are working out pretty well.

Ideally I'd buy pre-loved again when I need bigger ones (which won't be for a while) but in the meantime I have this voucher, which expires in November. So I need to use it before I actually need it.

I'd like to try something different but I don't know where to start. Can anyone recommend anything (nappies and wraps)? I'd like to get good value from the voucher, and ideally get something that holds its value somewhat in case we don't get along with it.

I used my voucher and bought a trail pack that had a few random diffrent nappies in. Are there only certain places you can redeem as that could answer your question for you. Consider what you want from your nappy aswell (drying times, usage, pockets/folded etc) Tbh i'd think you might be best trying a bumgenius, for the £30 you would be able to get 2 at that. They're a popular nappy that resell quite well. Thats just my opnion tho!

check out www.fill-your-pants.com they accept the real nappies for london vouchers n have a really good selection! i also would recommend the Bum Genius! a very versatile BTP and they are really good value :hugs:

sara

xxxx

thanks ladies - I had thought about Bum Genius as I've read good reviews and we need something that won't take an age to dry. Guess I'll order a couple, since I have nothing to lose!

:D

thanks ladies - I had thought about Bum Genius as I've read good reviews and we need something that won't take an age to dry. Guess I'll order a couple, since I have nothing to lose!

:D

:wohoo: let us know what you get and make sure you post some piccies of your LO in it !!! :thumbup:

sara

xxxxxx

Realistcally i find they take about a day and a half for the inserts to dry by standard air drying in this mixed weather. Can't comment on tumble drying times though. You'll have to keep us posted hwo you're getting on, good luck!

Realistcally i find they take about a day and a half for the inserts to dry by standard air drying in this mixed weather. Can't comment on tumble drying times though. You'll have to keep us posted hwo you're getting on, good luck!

Yes, I hate this weather - not warm enough to dry quickly just hanging around the flat but not cold enough to have the heating on. We've been having to use the tumble dryer, just on warm for a little while, to get things started, but I don't want to have to do this every single wash!

I just wanted to add that I'm loving my BG V3's atm after trying loads of nappies and having too many issues with leaks!

Mine dry overnight pretty much on the airer and if they're not quite dry first thing I just pop the airer outside and they dry within a couple of hours.

I find though that I now wash my nappies every night at 60 - I know that's not very economical BUT when washing at 40/50 the nappies were coming out smelling of urine still so gave it a try! I do select mini-load and time saver on my washing machine everytime so the nappies aren't in the wash for like 2 plus hours.

The BG V3's are a good all round nappy but there are so many out there to try! If you'd like any other recommendations, ask away.

xxxx

I went to a Real Nappy event recently, and the Washable Nappy Company are doing a voucher pack - 2 x Bum Genius V3s and a bamboo booster for the £30 voucher. I know this is a Lewisham offer, but it might apply to other boroughs? Her contact details are 0208 376 0307, 07833 927 210 or www.thewashablenappy.co.uk. I'm going to get mine of Friday, as she is doing an event in Lewisham - excited!!!

Ooooh, Lewisham - that's me! What's the event?

eta: looked at website and it's not at the library - do you know where it is? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->