°°*°September 2012 Mommies To Be/Due Dates°°*°

Yeah the placenta takes over doesn't it now? As baby is no longer an embryo but a fetus :)

I know, it's exciting! I have a little inch long baby inside my belly :cloud9:

I was unsure about the screening too but in the end I think we will decide to do it because although I wouldn´t abort for anything like Down´s I have read that if they do find that there is excess fluid but the blood tests don´t demonstrate that it could be Down´s it could suggest that that the baby has other chromosome defects (some of which are extremely serious) or heart problems.

My symptoms just come and go now. I have felt quite sick for the past two nights but had about 4 days before that with no symptoms at all.

Hi Girls,

Anyone having awful trouble sleeping?

I am in an insomniac hell. Every night. No sleep.

Before bfp, I was the best sleeper ever!

So sleep and food, my 2 great loves in life, are ruined:growlmad:

i haven't slept right in weeks hun.

I'm not getting any screening tests done if they want to do them for them to know then they can but i don't want to know because i don't want that hanging over my head, my sister in law got told that her little boy had 90% chance of having down syndrome and my MUM had my sister in her 40's and she was told to abort right away because the issues like downs and that were higher so no way.

placenta is supposed to have taken over at around 12 weeks. That's why I've got to continue my Progesterone meds up until that point. Cause the placenta still isn't fully functioning. Can't wait to stop these damn things!

So I found one of the babies HB's last night! I was able to record it: :cloud9:

https://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h444/cote2011/th_VIDEO0034.jpg

It ranged from like 162-167

awww huge hugs hun :(

also great recording hun thats mega high can i also heart mini heartbeat in the background?

Like a few of the others, i wont be getting the downs test as it wouldn't affect the outcome we chose. This is our baby. If at birth we find something not right we'll tackle it then.

FG, so cool you found the HB, and at 10 weeks! That is brill!

Afm, so tired. Still nauceaus, back trouble starting already too.

Any one hungry all the time? I think mine is psychological now as if i feel sick i eat and feel better. I think maybe i'm 'hungry' because i know it'll keep the sickness away. Even if it's chocs or doughnuts it helps with the sickness.

I'm shattered too Missus H! I like my food too but luckily I haven't really had MS.

Had my appointment today it went well had a laugh with the midwife who was lovely :) Scan is booked 2 weeks today so 24th February at 12 noon ... eeekkk exciting!! :D x

About the screening I could see how it would be nice to be prepared... however, my friend was told she had a high chance of her baby havig down's and she researched and worried herself the whole pregnancy only for the baby to be 100% fine - so I have mixed feelings. Now whatever screening has the risk of causing a miscarriage that I won't do.

i am on a huge downer really not in the mood to be here or anything just want to curl up and go to sleep :cry:

What's up hun?

placenta is supposed to have taken over at around 12 weeks. That's why I've got to continue my Progesterone meds up until that point. Cause the placenta still isn't fully functioning. Can't wait to stop these damn things!

So I found one of the babies HB's last night! I was able to record it: :cloud9:

https://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h444/cote2011/th_VIDEO0034.jpg

It ranged from like 162-167

Brilliant HB! I'm tempted to try now, but I think I should wait until after scan first... (4 sleeps!)

Like a few of the others, i wont be getting the downs test as it wouldn't affect the outcome we chose. This is our baby. If at birth we find something not right we'll tackle it then.

FG, so cool you found the HB, and at 10 weeks! That is brill!

Afm, so tired. Still nauceaus, back trouble starting already too.

Any one hungry all the time? I think mine is psychological now as if i feel sick i eat and feel better. I think maybe i'm 'hungry' because i know it'll keep the sickness away. Even if it's chocs or doughnuts it helps with the sickness.

I see always to be hungry too - not managing to make healthy choices though :( just getting fat - gone from size 12 to 16 already :blush:

I'm shattered too Missus H! I like my food too but luckily I haven't really had MS.

Had my appointment today it went well had a laugh with the midwife who was lovely :) Scan is booked 2 weeks today so 24th February at 12 noon ... eeekkk exciting!! :D x

Brilliant!

As for me, apart from feeling fat I'm OK! DH home this weekend, I'm off to the airport to collect him in half an hour! And we're away for a couple of nights with the girls too :) Then he's here for scan on Tue! Very excited now, but glad he's around so I'm distracted and dwelling on it. I'm one third thinking all is well, one third thinking I've had MMC, and one third reckons it's twins... ho hum, time will tell!

Hi ladies. Woke up at 3am this morning desperate for a wee as usual, and noticed very light brown cm on the tp afterwards :( am terrified now. Of course now I feel like my boobs are much less sore. It's a weekend too, not sure what to do, might ring out of hours service in a bit and see if they can get me in at EPU Monday.

I'm going away for 3 days on Tuesday too, so if I can't get in then I'll spend the holiday worrying. I'm sat here shaking, I can't lose another one, I really can't :cry:

Hun Brown blood isn't bad. If you aren't getting cramps try not to worry. When I had my MC it started out as red blood from the offset. Brown blood is a sign of implantation bleeding and its common to see it around your gestation.

Ringing EPU might be a good idea though just for worry sake xxx

:hugs: try not to worry. brown is good, it means old blood. is EPU not open over the weekend? i think we can just call matrenity unit and self refer over here (not sure on that actually, as I've thankfully never had to, but might be worth a try?) ring out of hours anyway, no use in being anxious the whole time you're away (anywhere nice she asks nosily?!)

Thanks hun. I'm not sure if I can ring them directly or not, I'll try to find their number or hopefully the out of hours or NHS direct can give it to me. Going to keep an eye on it for a bit. I just checked again and it seems to have gone, back to the pale yellowish. I know I'm probably being daft and overanalysing, being PAL is bloody scary isn't it xxx

edit - holywoodmum - I don't know I just assumed they wouldn't scan over the weekend - I'll ring in a bit and see what they say. We are off to amsterdam for a short break :D originally booked it as a getaway after our last baby's due date as we thought it'd be nice to get away and have some time together! It is a beautiful city and the canals are all frozen from the cold weather so it's like a winter wonderland at the moment, looks amazing :D x

Hi I had pink then brown discharge at 6weeks. It was a Saturday too, I went to my out of hours surgery. He wasn't really concerned with it being brown but he booked me in for a scan on the Tuesday and everything was fine. It most probably is normal but if you are going to be worrying all weekend I would ring someone hun. Im sure you'll be fine :hugs:

I have had nausea all pregnancy but never been sick and then at 11.30 last night I was throwing my guts up weird :wacko: Also this morning I heard beans heartbeat for the first time on my doppler sooo relieved and happy :happydance:

I've got an appointment in 20 mins with the out of hours GP. So scared, symptoms have definitely lessened. Hoping it's just a coincidence. Wish me luck everyone! And thanks for the support :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->