°°*°September 2012 Mommies To Be/Due Dates°°*°

I'm actually now due August 28th, but I'll probably go over due date anyways hehe. So I'm staying here!

lol alot of ladies have found they are due in august but more the merrier here right :D

28 Aug was what they told me too Alex, but I know I'll be late as the first two were both 12/11 days late!

Doesn't that make you twelve weeks, not eleven? Your ticker haha :)

I know! But he said he wouldn't change it on my notes yet (despite basing future appts on it being 12) as I was concerned they'd try and induce me too soon if I went overdue... If I am due Sept 3, they would let me go to Sept 17 before induction, if I am 'due' Aug 28, they would only let me go to Sept 11 before induction, when I theory I'd only really be 40+8 by then - and I'd rather let my body have the chance to go into labour by myself...
Also, throughout my pregnancies, I prefer to understate how far gone I am, rather than exagerate, it makes being overdue at the end more bearable! People that say, oh I'm 12 weeks pregnant, that's 3 months, or I'm 24 weeks pregnant, that's 6 months, that cracks me up - there are 52 weeks in a year not 48! Anyway, rant over :blush:

hey ladies :hi: just got home.. saw both babies :D I've got a little wriggle worm and a calm/relaxed little baby. Was able to see there heads, bodies, legs and arms. :D

Haha I think it's in like Japan or something pregnancy is considered to last 10 months, not 9! Ever odd eh?

My FOB told me that, not sure how accurate it is ahah. :) It's weird because I'm three months now, which means I'm a third of a way through the 9 mo pregnancy, but yet I'm not in second trimester yet!? Haha.. Ten months makes more sense.

yeah, it's 9 calendar months. But really 10 months, 40weeks = 10 months :wacko: craziness.. Why can't it be simple? :)

haha, this is the thing that winds me up!! a month is not 4 weeks! If it was me and my anally retentive ways, I'd say 12 weeks x 7 days, plus two days, is 86 days. 86/365 days is 0.24 years; 0.24 x 12 is 2.83 months! sorry, that's just me! I think it's the overdue thing, so I always prefer to be really accurate, and not kid myself in to thinking I'm further on than I am!

Lol I'm down with staying in lala land that the commonly accepted methods of counting cause. 6 months to go! Hehehe ! :haha:

So today was my first appt with my ob/gyn...went really well I guess...mostly paperwork and talking about my medical history and how this twin pregnancy will progress...

she said that it is my decision whether I have a natural birth or a c-section....of course assuming baby A is in position...but sometimes what happens is that baby a is born vaginally but then baby B for whatever reason may need a c-section...we are really leaning towards a scheduled c-section at 38 weeks...she won't let me go past then and said no need for bed rest if all goes well....she said there is no evidence that it helps delay labour....:shrug::shrug:

she also said that I will have an ultrasound once a month and see her once a month...towards the end it will be every two weeks and then once a week...

I also did a urine test for protein and sugar which was negative...had to pee in a cup...well we all experts at that by now! :haha::haha:

I asked her about these dull period like pains that go all the way around to my back...she said it is just uterus stretching as babies grow....:happydance:

and it should be no problem to travel to sunny Cancun Mexico on Monday :happydance::happydance:

my next appt is Mar 13 with my ultrasound on March 9 (13 weeks and 6 days)...I am gonna be in ultrasound withdrawal!!! I love seeing my babies! and of course its reassurance all is well! she didnt even try using the doppler cuz I am only 10 and half weeks :growlmad:

nausea seems to be none to little and of course hunger is always there....gettting lots of sleep even though I have to get up in the middle of the night to pee and eat something! :):)

Hi girls,

Haven't managed to get on fb yet this morning but I've got a scan on monday at 11:40 - fingers crossed everything is okay x

Hope it goes ok Chloe.

As for me, I have booked an appointment at the doctors as my skin in my scalp has gone really really flakey and is covered in little red scabs :( xxx

Omg my scalp has gone really flaky too! I'm forever itching my head and it's only started within the last week, had no idea it could be pregnancy related!

Yeah as your hair goes a lot more oily in pregnancy so maybe thats why? Not sure but the scabs are itchy so just going doctors to see if its normal and if I can do anything to get rid of it, will let you know what he says if you want hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->