°°*°September 2012 Mommies To Be/Due Dates°°*°

Up until days ago she was going to be Cora Grace Alea Young. Then, FOB walks back into the picture, which I am not complaining about at all btw, and now she's temporarily (and according to FOB) Cora Grace Alea McKenna-Young. Names are so hard to pick!

MIL isn't too keen on our baby name and its effecting OH now ahhhh OH had come to terms with my choice and had picked a nickname he liked which was cute but now with MIL's imput everyone is 2nd guessing our name ahhhhhhhhh i don't want to use another name i said to MIL and OH if they don't like it can't they use one of baby's middle names since baby will have at least 3 middle names lol

Ahh I really don't like it when people give their opinions on the name and their opinion wasn't wanted or needed.

she's not meaning to be nasty just feels the name is unsuitable in this day and age lol, i was talking about names both boys and girls i had heard and told her about ur name jessy cora and she loved it lol but i am dead set on the name i picked lol

Names are really difficult things to decide on. When I saw Cora I knew it was a name I'd going to have as a part of her name and it ended up being her first name, but she was either going to be Cora or Annabelle. I wanted something unique but not trashy, and something that would suit a female of all ages.

There's children in my sister's grade who have names that really belong on the opposite sex. There are girls in her grade called Brad and Ryan (but it's spelled Ryanne), plus a boy called Joy.

I'm sure the name you've picked is great, Lynne. I can't wait to hear it!

I totally just sat here and thought "I could call #2 Annabelle". Wow, not good thinking..:shock:

i have had names picked for 5years they haven't been a secerate now everyone has changed their minds aahhhhh

love both names u have pictures my OH has already started picking LO#2 for us names and gender etc lol i keep shouting "let me get this one out first please lol"

I personally LOVE boys names on girls, like Shane, jordan and charlie. <3 I heard lorelai, and knew I loved the ring of it but it was just a little TOO old/girly so Lara was an option that had the same effect without the "eeehh..." feeling.

i used to like the name reilly for a girl but changed my mind lol when DS was about 3 he had long hair and someone said to us "all james lovely name for a girl" put me off since

I personally LOVE boys names on girls, like Shane, jordan and charlie. <3 I heard lorelai, and knew I loved the ring of it but it was just a little TOO old/girly so Lara was an option that had the same effect without the "eeehh..." feeling.

I have mixed opinions on boys names on girls and girls names on boys. My best friend is called Charlotte but has always been called Charlee, so to me the name Charlee (and all of the different spellings, ha) is a girls name. I'm really Jessica, but Jessy (spelled Jesse) is a common male name, so I guess in a way I've got a boys name. I do think some boy names on girls are a bit too much, Brad and Ryan(ne) for example.

I can't picture James as a girl name, but then again I wouldn't have said Shane could be a girl name until I met one named Shane.

I'm actually an Alex so I get it a lot. My full name is Alexandra, but I say my full name is Alexis because Alexandra is too bloody girly for me!

since person said that i have heard of girls called Jaymes

I love all of the names that have been picked so far :flower: Alex, one of my personal role models is named Lara and she's the only person I know with that name, so I think it's a great name. :lol: One thing though, it's important to her that people pronounce her name "Lah-rah" instead of "Loh-rah" and she frequently has to correct people, so you might want to decide whether you care very much about that if you had a particular one of those pronunciations in mind.

What are your opinions of names spelled in a 'unique' way? Khloe instead of Chloe, Kyleigh instead of Kylie and so on. Adding the letter Y and changing the letter I to Y seems to be getting more popular now too. I really can't imagine anything worse than spelling Cora Grace as Kora Grayce, but that's just me.

Personally I much prefer classic spellings...both from an aesthetic perspective and because I think it just complicates things unnecessarily for the poor child who has to keep correcting people. But I understand that people have different aesthetic preferences.

i agree all of james' names are normal selling lol

James Samuel Jonathan Leo lol no funny business
our princess in sky is Casey *simple and easy*
If James as a girl his name was going to be Alexa Jayden (hell knows why) lol

names we have pictures of our this baby are/were:
Jack William Daniel or Elizabeth Katharine Nacy Anne

all really common and normal spelling i think? My name is Lynne *as user name states* and everyone spells it wrong even on facebook where my name is spelt out for them, how is that possible and its a pet hate!

jessy agree with you i like the name u have pictures but if you spelt it weird it almost ruines the name :(

hh... No. I think the whole adding Hs and Ys is getting overdone now. I like the simplicity of Lara. Yeah, I've had a hard time correcting people already, but I'm getting used to it. My aunt is Laura so I do differentiate between the two. I used to have to tell people that Alexandra was NOT spelled Alecsandra. Seriously? Hahaha.. People will mess up even a common name!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->