°°*°September 2012 Mommies To Be/Due Dates°°*°

19 weeks today and felt a definite kick last night, it actually made me jump lol :)

lol i jump and it hurts when baby headbuts me because of hiccups

Alex - we have ginger bread and ginger snaps here... Is it biscuit (cookie) type things you're wanting??

If I were in Canada now I would raid Timmy's and also have a cinnamon bun... Mmmmmmmm... When we were in Toronto on our honeymoon we took it in turns to get up and sneak out of the room to Tim Horton's and bring breakfast back!! And we stayed in the Royal York, which is opposite Union Station, which has a Cinnabon!!! Yum yum yum...

Oh my gosh I haven't been here for so long!

Congrats to all the team blues and pinks!! I can't wait to find out. Hope you've settled in hollywood mum.

I had been calling my midwives (they only have an answer phone service) and missing their call back so I had to go down there to make my 16 week appointment (at 18 weeks) and they had nothing until 2 weeks time, just shortly before my 20 week scan. Oopss. I guess it will be nice, them being so close together instead of a long pause.

I had a question for all you girls. My husband recently became unemployed and we are having to really be strict on our spending. I'm a photographer and I mainly shoot maternity/newborn and family portraits and was wondering if you guys could give me some tips on how to reach a wider audience so I could make more bookings. Are you interested in doing a maternity/newborn/baby shoot. If you are, what draws you to a certain photographer. Is cost a deciding factor or you would pay for good quality pictures. Where would you usually look for a maternity or newborn photographer.

Thanks in advance!

Mrsine, hi :)
I'm not a massive one for photo shoots, but price does influence me a lot. Do you travel to people or do they come to you in a studio? I guess you do a lot of traditional advertising already, but website, yellow pages, Facebook page? Special offers? Do you do prints or electronic images? Could you team up with a local business? Spend x amount in baby boutique and get 30% off, or team up with a beautician for maternity ones? Do you do image editing? Hope it goes well for you.

I had a question for all you girls. My husband recently became unemployed and we are having to really be strict on our spending. I'm a photographer and I mainly shoot maternity/newborn and family portraits and was wondering if you guys could give me some tips on how to reach a wider audience so I could make more bookings. Are you interested in doing a maternity/newborn/baby shoot. If you are, what draws you to a certain photographer. Is cost a deciding factor or you would pay for good quality pictures. Where would you usually look for a maternity or newborn photographer.

Thanks in advance!

Firstly, I think cost is a major deciding factor for many people. Offers are the way forward! Make people think they are getting more than they should for the money they are paying. I don´t know what your photo packages are like but could you do a newborn package with a free family portrait, or a family package with a few free individual shots?

It goes without saying that the price and content of your offers also depend on the prices and packages offered by the local competition so get some research done!

Instead of trying to improve the results within your current market - babies and families - could you actually enter into new markets and look into weddings and school photos for example? I got married last year and was so happy with the photos that I plan on using the same photographer for some baby photos without bothering to look at other options just to save time and hassle!

Within the baby photo market have you thought of leaving leaflets at mother and toddler groups (maybe they would even let you visit to do a sales pitch), baby fairs or school fairs? Is there anywhere where you could go to take a selection of photos (nurseries, sports days, etc) which people could then buy and therefore see the quality of your work and info regarding your prices and packages?

I also think word of mouth is the way forward. I chose my wedding photographer after seeing a friends wedding photos. Maybe you could offer an option where you return 10% of the cost to clients who recommend 2 new clients??

Also, put lots of examples on your facebook/web page!

xx

ive been feeling my baby girls kicks for about 2-3 weeks now. i'll be 18 weeks in a few days YAY. been feeling her roll and somersault and its more and more noticeable each day. cant wait for OH to feel her. he thought he did last night but im not sure haha.

Thanks guys! I will definitely look into the boutique and local business team up holywood mum and thanks for the fabulous ideas miss malteaser. Only thing is plan to stay niche and not just do all sorts of photography besides I find weddings are extremely strenuous. I do understand what you mean by people sticking to one photographer though.

Thanks guys! I will definitely look into the boutique and local business team up holywood mum and thanks for the fabulous ideas miss malteaser. Only thing is plan to stay niche and not just do all sorts of photography besides I find weddings are extremely strenuous. I do understand what you mean by people sticking to one photographer though.

Another possibility that would allow you to stay niche would be advertising the possibility of gift vouchers for friends of new mums and dads. I guess that getting professional newborn photos done is pretty low down on the list of priorities for many new families but could be a good idea for friends and family who don´t know what to get as a gift.

Yayy, got a letter in the mail from my Drs office about my Quad Screen(down syndrome Screen) and everything is normal. Whew.. thank god!! Of course if it was not negative, I would still be ok, because I'd love my child none the less.. but its nice knowing that its normal. :)

Yayy, got a letter in the mail from my Drs office about my Quad Screen(down syndrome Screen) and everything is normal. Whew.. thank god!! Of course if it was not negative, I would still be ok, because I'd love my child none the less.. but its nice knowing that its normal. :)

Good stuff!

thats fantastic news hun we never even got the test done i refused

Great news 2boyz!

18 weeks today... still 2 weeks till scan.... am going to have gone insane by then :)

Mrsine, are you on Facebook? That's always a good way to get new clients or so I've seen anyway. Create a 'like-able' page for yourself if you haven't already.

I second everything miss malteser said, especially about packages for families. Perhaps contact local schools and see if they'd need a photographer for upcoming events? I know I'll want as many pictures of my daughter as possible, even if it is something as her at a school event such as a fair. If the school produces publications too it might be worthwhile advertising yourself in there (school magazine for example) and I'm sure it'd do the school great publicity if your photo's were published elsewhere, which they'd appreciate. I know you said you'd prefer to stick to a more niche market of newborn/maternity portraits but it may be worthwhile looking into expanding.

As for the main influences on choosing something like a photographer -- I'll initially see if any friends or family can recommend someone (again, FB is a great way of making yourself known) and then I'd look at the quality of the shoot and what is/can be involved in the session. I'd rather pay more for high quality pictures that I'll cherish than try and save money for not so nice pictures!

Great news 2boyz!

18 weeks today... still 2 weeks till scan.... am going to have gone insane by then :)

I know the feeling!!!! I'll be 18 weeks tomorrow and scan May 10th, and lord let me tell you, I have been chomping at the bit. I almost want to book a private scan just to see the gender before the 20 week scan so I can know already. Before I never had any dreams about the gender, but I have had 2 already and my dreams are that its a girl.. yayy I sure hope so :thumbup:

oh I want to know before birth. I want to be prepared. I was told with my second son that they were not sure of the gender and I didn't buy a thing. When he was born, I felt like I HAD to go out right then to get things for him and didn't get the chance to enjoy being at home to rest and bond with my baby. I know everyone is different. I just want to make sure everything is in order, clothes put away and an outfit picked out to bring him/her home in and enjoy bonding. :)

Hi all, how is everyone doing? I see team pink has overtaken team blue! We have had our visas approved so will be moving in just over two weeks. The list of things to do before we move seems to be multiplying everyday- I think I've finished something then realise I need to do something else. There is so much extra you need to do when you move overseas. The good news is we have found someone to buy my car and the other car was collected today to be auctioned on Friday- just hope it sells...The other thing is (only relevant to UK ppl) has everyone received their NHS Maternity exemption certificate. My MW had the form at my booking in appointment and said she would fill it in but haven't received anything as of yet and can't seem to get hold of my MW who seems to have vanished off the face of the earth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->