°°*°September 2012 Mommies To Be/Due Dates°°*°

Lol Floridagirl that was a massive response. Are the ones in your family identical or non?

Wow Lynne, you were told that? How old is James?
james is almost 5 i was high risk too

thanks prob just worrying about nothing even if something does happen little i can do got a scan tomorrow so hopefully that shows something but worried about havig an internal scan aren't they dagerous?

No they arent dangerous hun :flower:

ah good times have changed when i was pregnant with my son they didn't offer them because they believe they were linked to early miscarriage

I've had a couple (none with this preg). They are completely safe.
thanks times change d lol

Thanks ladies for the reassurance :) if I can't get a scan I can hopefully persuade them to at least do betas.

Thanks Floridagirl! Hope you and your little twins are ok :) x
hugs hun i hope you get some help soon not fun when these things happen its like a horrible mental game of torture keeping everything crossed for you xx

Fraternal twins are hereditary :thumbup:

So if I originally thought my EDD was the 15th, does that make it the 16th because of the leap year? I don't want to go back a day! :haha: I think I'll just leave it as it is until I get to my scan! x

No it would make you the 14th to account for the extra day in Feb :thumbup:

My mum had fraternal twins but they were a 2nd tri loss, and my cousin had frat twins too :thumbup:

Funny how things vary from place to place, cos I had Honey almost five years ago and got pregnant with kaysie Blossom almost five years ago and it was fine here then :thumbup:

Ah!! I see! So I'm actually 1 day MORE than I thought I was < I much prefer this :haha: Floridagirl, can you change my EDD to the 14th please? Thanks! :flower:

I have a few sets of twins in my family too!

done Smile :flow: Are the twins on your mother's side? I read last night that it's hereditary so long as it's from the mother's side :shrug:

Yep all on my mums side :thumbup: My aunty has identicals, my mums cousin has (I think fraternals), my mums great uncles were twins...so I wouldn't be surprised if I had 2 brewing! :haha:

done Smile :flow: Are the twins on your mother's side? I read last night that it's hereditary so long as it's from the mother's side :shrug:

Iv read that before too, because you inherit the ovulating with two eggs in one go thing :thumbup:

My cousin is on my mum's side and obviously my mum, but I dont think it is twins for me, pretty sure if I was going to have twins I would of by now :haha:

Yep all on my mums side :thumbup: My aunty has identicals, my mums cousin has (I think fraternals), my mums great uncles were twins...so I wouldn't be surprised if I had 2 brewing! :haha:

It has to be females on your mum's side, so your aunties wouldnt count cos they are identical, your mum's cousin would count if it is a female cousin and your mum's great uncle wouldnt. It is all about releasing two eggs :thumbup:

I didn't think my great uncles would but it would have been my great nan who had the twins, so I wasn't sure? :wacko:! But my mums cousin was female and obvs my aunty so who knows! :haha:

Haha, I forgot about the leap year, that means my EDD is the 24th, OHs birthday :haha:

Thinking about this leap year thing. I wouldn't actually be a day further would I? My due date is just a day earlier - I've still been pg for the same amount of time...I'm confused :wacko: :haha:

Confused me smile, it wouldnt of been your great nan would it because that would mean it was your mum's great grandad not great uncle. :shrug:

Haha, I forgot about the leap year, that means my EDD is the 24th, OHs birthday :haha:

Cute, send sticky vibes all the way til the 24th :haha:

Thinking about this leap year thing. I wouldn't actually be a day further would I? My due date is just a day earlier - I've still been pg for the same amount of time...I'm confused :wacko: :haha:

No you are still 5 weeks 4 days (think that is what your ticker said) but as you say due date is a day earlier.

How did everyone figure out there EDD? If you use an online calculator or FF or something, I'm pretty sure that would have already factored in the leap year being an extra day long, right?

How did everyone figure out there EDD? If you use an online calculator or something, I'm pretty sure that would have already factored in the leap year being an extra day long, right?

A lot of them are coming up wrong, I think they just calculate for a standard year. I counted my weeks from when I thought I ovulated :thumbup:

How did everyone figure out there EDD? If you use an online calculator or something, I'm pretty sure that would have already factored in the leap year being an extra day long, right?

A lot of them are coming up wrong, I think they just calculate for a standard year. I counted my weeks from when I thought I ovulated :thumbup:

Ohh, well I used FF and just counted the weeks and mine was right, so if anyone used FF then you should be okay :thumbup:

How did everyone figure out there EDD? If you use an online calculator or FF or something, I'm pretty sure that would have already factored in the leap year being an extra day long, right?

Was just thinking that, just looked at a calendar and the 25th is a Tues, and my conception date was Tues. Those due date calcs will have a standard calendar built in so should take the day into account. Ah its all an approximation anyway I suppose :)

FF gives me 25th so ill trust that for now! x

i got my beta results from last wedd they were only 27 so not sure thats good was over 5days ago though...

Was just thinking that, just looked at a calendar and the 25th is a Tues, and my conception date was Tues. Those due date calcs will have a standard calendar built in so should take the day into account. Ah its all an approximation anyway I suppose :)

FF gives me 25th so ill trust that for now! x

That's a good point. Your EDD should end up on the same day of the week as O date :thumbup: Mine is a Tuesday as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->