°°*°September 2012 Mommies To Be/Due Dates°°*°

that meat thing is excessive. You are meant to avoid undercooked meat and deli meat I think as they are a breeding ground for bacteria but normal packaged beef, chicken etc from supermarket is fine as long as it is properly cooked. Double check on NHS site pregnancy section but I'm sure that's right x

I think it´s excessive too but she said it´s a definite no. I´m not even sure what the difference would be between pre packaged meat and meat cut at the butchers as both have to be prepared in places certified my health and safety etc, so as far as I can see both would have the same possibilities of being contaminated with listeria.

Now I don´t know what to do. One the one hand it seems far too strict (I can´t even have a ham sandwich for God´s sake) but on the other hand I feel like I would be risking the health of my baby by not listening to her.

I've never heard that about pre packaged meat before :wacko: did she recommend a butcher? Maybe they've got a thing going on :rofl: he gets girl preggers for her to work with and she recommends them meat from him :haha:

I just looked on NHS website and it says just cook all meat properly, nothing about going to the butchers!

I just looked on NHS website and it says just cook all meat properly, nothing about going to the butchers!

That´s what I´ve read everywhere too. I just really wish she hadn´t mentioned it because now it´s always going to be on my mind.

That´s what I´ve read everywhere too. I just really wish she hadn´t mentioned it because now it´s always going to be on my mind.

Well, if it makes any difference, I ate pre-packaged all the way through my first pregnancy, as well as peanut butter (was my craving) and my little boy is perfect lol, was massive as well haha!

Haha maybe she's married to a butcher :haha:

Seriously though I've been eating meat, sausage, bacon etc from supermarket. They have to be packaged in sterile conditions same as anywhere else. I'm seeing my doctor tomorrow, i can ask her then to clarify what is ok :) x

Haha maybe she's married to a butcher :haha:

Seriously though I've been eating meat, sausage, bacon etc from supermarket. They have to be packaged in sterile conditions same as anywhere else. I'm seeing my doctor tomorrow i can ask her then :) x

That´d be great. I honestly think that she´s being way to strict about the whole thing but it would be great to know another medical opinion - not that your opinions don´t count!

I really can't see why they'd be dangerous! I mean, If I have to buy butcher meats, I'm going to have no electric or heating in my house and I'll have a campfire out back to cook on!! Lol...The dangerous food list is getting silly now lol!

Haha, no its fine better to get clarification from a professional than Dr Google :haha:

I've been worrying about being around my cat whilst pregnant and this blog has just changed my whole view. It's hilarious:
Pregnant Chicken

I love it LOL Thanks for the read, I was a bit worried myself.

I've been dodging litter tray duty too :p

I took my kitty to the vets today to get castrated, poor thing - he was so scared! Lots of nice food and cuddles for him tonight

He's my first born :haha:

https://i40.tinypic.com/23wuuz9.jpg

Mine's getting fixed too in the next couple of weeks. and can I just say I love your kitty, I always had a thing for black cats.

Well, if it makes any difference, I ate pre-packaged all the way through my first pregnancy, as well as peanut butter (was my craving) and my little boy is perfect lol, was massive as well haha!

What's wrong with peanut butter?? :huh:

Been nauseous for 2 days now, no throwing up but I wish i did just so i could feel better. My appointment was last Tuesday, I saw the yolk sac, no heart beat yet, going Thursday 26th to check for heartbeat.

What's wrong with peanut butter?? :huh:

Been nauseous for 2 days now, no throwing up but I wish i did just so i could feel better. My appointment was last Tuesday, I saw the yolk sac, no heart beat yet, going Thursday 26th to check for heartbeat.

I expect the nut thing, that's another you're supposed to steer clear off due to increased risk of allergy.

Re meat issues, i ate all sorts of meat while preg with DS and he turned out fine and healthy at 8lb 11oz. I turned vegetarian after he was born so i don't have to worry about meat or fish now.

Yeah, you're supposed to stay clear of peanuts (especially if you have family history of allergies) But I craved it like crazy, it was just as they were discontinuing peanut kit-kat chunkies, and halfway through my pregnancy they stopped them, so I reverted to dunking kit kat chunkies in peanut butter :rofl:

Yeah, you're supposed to stay clear of peanuts (especially if you have family history of allergies) But I craved it like crazy, it was just as they were discontinuing peanut kit-kat chunkies, and halfway through my pregnancy they stopped them, so I reverted to dunking kit kat chunkies in peanut butter :rofl:

OMG peanut kit-kat chunkies! I craved them and wasn't even pregnant. So want one now!

When I had my booking in last yr, the midwife said it was ok to eat peanut (unless you're allergic yourself) as there was actually no evidence it caused allergies, so they changed their advice. Hard to keep up with this stuff!

Ugh.... this torrential rain that just appeared out of nowhere had better piss off before I set off home x

Chellxx, I'm so sorry you're having a scary time. Take care. Crossing my fingers for you.

Haven't had a chance to catch up with all the posts here as have been working lots recently. Just to say that I've been having some bleeding today :(. Managed to get a trans-abdominal scan and there is a sac in there but there's either nothing in it, or too small to see at this stage. Going back in two weeks for another scan so fingers crossed...

Haven't had a chance to catch up with all the posts here as have been working lots recently. Just to say that I've been having some bleeding today :(. Managed to get a trans-abdominal scan and there is a sac in there but there's either nothing in it, or too small to see at this stage. Going back in two weeks for another scan so fingers crossed...

fx'ed hun :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->