°°*°September 2012 Mommies To Be/Due Dates°°*°

Yay! Sorry I haven't been around much, girls...somehow looking at a computer screen makes me tons more nauseous (still true, btw, so I probably won't be around long). Just wanted to update everyone on my appointment today.

https://oi42.tinypic.com/2zegrde.jpg

^_^ That's my little gummi bear! The OB said he looks "perfect" so far. I was like "Uh, yeah. He's mine, of course he's perfect!" :haha:

I don't have another appointment for 3 weeks, maybe 4. Has anyone's doc talked to them about doing the 11 week birth defect/abnormality testing? I can't decide if I think we should, or not.

Oh! And my official due date is now September 4th.

Awww, adorable! Glad the scan went well :D

Do you mean the nuchal scan and blood tests? I will be getting them as I would like to be prepared for any eventuality and if anything was wrong I'd like to know beforehand. I can see it from both sides though, I understand those who don't get it :thumbup:

Charlotte :hugs: I'm sorry you're feeling so low - my OH winds me up so easily at the moment! Would a warm bath or something help relax you while your OH is watching footie? x

I'm not getting it, abnormalities don't run in either of our families, so as long as we're compatible with Rh and everything, I'm not very concerned at all.

i bought my first lot of maternity clothes hope its not tempting fate

Congrats Rileye, that pic is awesome!

My first prenatal appointment is tomorrow; 8 weeks. I really want to get a scan but I know they probably won't do one. I've still had no MS (slight queasiness I had felt in the evening is gone), I feel like the soreness in my breasts isn't as bad, haven't had to pee as much at night, and I've had minor cramping/lower back pain, so now I'm kind of worried something is wrong. They will probably make me wait until 12 weeks for a scan, but I'm going to ask tomorrow anyway...I figure the worst they can say is no.

Definitely getting genetic screening at my next 12-week appointment. Just the noninvasive blood tests and scan measurements; most women I know do that and only consider the more invasive procedures if there are high risks. While I don't expect any genetic problems it's still something I would like to be reassured about.

Already on 2 daycare waitlists (they are 12-18 months long for infants around here), and looking into where I want to deliver in case I need to switch providers. It's tricky to ask around when I'm still in the first trimester though and haven't gone public yet! It's funny how only very close friends & our parents know, and some strangers know, but no one in between.

parker, hope you get your scan!! I know what you mean about who knows - I've told my parents and one friend (and you lot obviously) but then strangers know too if it's for "medical" reasons!

i emailed the two midwife led birthing places where we are moving to, so hoping to hear soon whether anyone there speaks English!

Riliye! Lovely scan pic :cloud9:

I think we will be getting the nuchal fold test and the non invasive blood tests :thumbup:

We won't be getting any! We didn't last time, no abnormalities in any of our families, so we're not concerned!

Hollywoodmum, that sounds hilarious! Did you use it as an egg cosy? Or a hat for a barbie?

Come back boob soreness, all is forgiven! Oh well at least they are still bigger and a tiny bit sore. I'm sure its fine but can't help worrying a little.

Hope everyone is ok :) x

I just got permission to use a design by Warwick Davis on a nappy! :happydance:

Name (just first)? Helen
How old are you? 24
What's your EDD, how have you
figured that date? 27th on NHS site
What # child is this for you? 1st
Do you predict you're carrying a
boy or girl? Boy
Are you finding out the gender? No, team yellow!
How many months were you TTC? None! Bean was a lovely surprise, we're getting married next year so were WTT but looks like we'll have a flower girl/paige boy!
Are you on any meds to help
support your pregnancy? Only prenatal vits

JellyBeann the egg cosy hat is gathering dust somewhere. I did manage on that fits on C's dolls though - I gave up when I was trying to do mittens - the thumbs ended up so long! I knitted quite a lot, but I was rubbish at sewing it up afterwards! Do you make nappies then?!
Congratulations Helen, how lovely that you'll have your wee one with you at your wedding!

Name (just first) Missus H

How old are you? 32

What's your EDD, how have you figured that date? 18th September from lmp

What # child is this for you? 1st!

Do you predict you're carrying a boy or girl? I keep dreaming its twins :haha:

Are you finding out the gender? No.

How many months were you TTC? 2

Are you on any meds to help support your p No

I've made a few nappies, but gave up a while ago, they were wicking and I couldn't work out how to stop it lol!

Ahhh Hello Smile181 :thumbup:

Good to see you on here.

Only stumbled on this group by accident this morning! Glad I found it!

Congratulations Missus H! There are two lots of twins here already - maybe yours will be the third!

Hi please can I be added?

Name: lyndsey

EDD from lmp: 6th sept

1st child

Think it's a boy but hoping for a girl

Yes finding out gender

Ttc for 1 year

No meds.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts