★ October & November 2020 Hedgehogs ★

On the subject of names, after our discussions on the forum; I asked my husband last night if he had told anyone what our baby’s name is. He said no. Then he asked does baby have a second name???? He’s known for 10 weeks what baby’s names are and that the second name is specially derived from ds1’s name (so that he is named after his big brother). His excuse is that he hasn’t been thinking about the baby for the last few months as he was too occupied. Shooooo!

Last edited:
Co thankfully we had some improvement when our girls were 6 months and was much better by 1 y.o. Not that they looove them but they tolerate them. I couldn't imagine it lasting for years.

Fern I'm sorry the zoo is in an unsafe part of town. I feel bad for my oldest that she hardly gets out and sees things. Really hate this virus for many reasons l.

Would you pm the name? I'll put my name at the bottom of my post.

Yes, we haven't put on market yet but we've decided if we don't sell by end of September we will take off temporarily as we aren't going to move with a newborn... hard enough without moving. So if there are penalties and depending on amount, we may even wait to sell. Gotta meet with a realtor soon.

Sorry he didn't recall the name :(

Co yes people don't even realize what they are saying can make a woman feel awful. It took awhile for me to "pop" with my 1st and even my 2nd it took a bit to start looking like I'd popped. I think my long torso hides it well mostly except for this pregnancy. I just over the past week have had people bold enough to ask if I'm pregnant or when I'm due. I'm a bit nervous how I'll look at the end.

AFM I've shampooed nearly all the carpet in the house with the new cleaner I bought. I had borrowed my step MILs but it wasn't working right which she warned me when I borrowed. It is quite a workout for me right now but the carpets look sooo good, almost new.

Anatomy scan was yesterday and everything was normal. Baby girl was measuring 11 oz at 20+1 which OB said was 47%. I'm thinking I'll have another 6lb baby, maybe in lower 7lb range. Baby was not very cooperative, she didn't want to move for the tech or would move very quickly so she couldn't get a pic. She also kept her ankles crossed nearly the entire time. She's currently breech but not a big deal at this point, dd2 was at 20 wk scan as well. I'VE gained 5 lbs since last appt... so 5lbs total gain. I hate how I gain quickly in 2nd tri but I know it's typical of me.

We have a 1st name but no middle name yet.....Erika. It's not "unusual" but not common around here which I like. I love Olivia but it is way too common a name for me.

I'll try to upload a few scan pics tomorrow. Hope everyone is well.

Flueky I love Erika! Another timeless classic <3

I haven’t told anyone our girls name yet, but daddy named her, first time he’s ever cared so much and I found it so sweet, so I gave it to him Kylie Mae :flow:

CC very pretty name. Mae is a middle name we are considering.

Baby wasn't very cooperative and was hard to get any really good pics. Tech said her feet were at my cervix, head left lower abdomen, and right up against my stomach lol. Oh and after she got pestered to uncross her ankles so tech could get a pic of the other leg.... she folded herself in half with her legs above her head lol. It took 45 to 50 minutes and my others were more like 20 to 30 minutes.

20200701_111542.jpg 20200701_111508.jpg

Oh my gosh Flueky I had the same experience. The tech actually acted like she was starting to get annoyed, especially when she kept trying to get one picture of the heart and Bug folded himself in half too lol. He started with his head down at the beginning of my scan and ended the scan with his feet down lol. Babies can be so funny that way lol.

Also, in your 3d picture it looks like Baby is sucking her thumb? SO cute!

Flueky great news about the anatomy scan!! And I love Erika. I know 3 personally, all of them are LOVELY. You probably know this..? -Erika is also the name of a lovely, special type of flower that grows in South Africa. :)

Yes it’s a pity I can’t take him to the zoo by myself but we have taken him a few times when he was younger, along with my husband. Then we’re much safer of course. However, we are spending hours and hours at the bike track. He is doing so well, he is already riding on the “big kids” track with his little balance bike! I am so impressed and proud of him and he enjoys it a lot. When he wants to take a break from biking there is also a huge jungle gym and a rock climbing wall (he just jumps in the sand below the wall & plays in it, too small to actually climb). But it’s a lovely place. Lucky for us! My mom will be taking my sister’s twin boys to the track with my son once in a while as from next week when I go back to work seeing as all preschools are still forbidden from opening. I can just picture us three in the summer- me with baby on a blanket in the shade, watching big brother racing around like a maniac!

CC94 how sweet that he named her! And such a cute, feminine name :)

Thanks, I thought it was so sweet, his names Kyle so can see the inspiration there, the middle name surprised me, not one I’ve ever been fond of, but he freaked out <3

almost forgot to take any belly photos, think she’s already starting to make her appearance feel like I’ll start getting a proper bump going forward.

F5A5C1A0-92B5-4EE5-BD44-09785A7EE825.jpeg

CC it absolutely amazes me how different everyone's bumps look at any given week! Yay for starting to show though! I definitely see a little bump there.

Okay, so I'm feeling super overwhelmed and underprepared and also unable to really prepare because a) pandemic and b) finances are now super tight since I quit my job AND we have to take a road trip to CO this week for a funeral and that is stretching our limited budget even further. I just feel so alone and like I have no idea what to do once Baby arrives. Anyone else feeling this way?

CC it absolutely amazes me how different everyone's bumps look at any given week! Yay for starting to show though! I definitely see a little bump there.

Okay, so I'm feeling super overwhelmed and underprepared and also unable to really prepare because a) pandemic and b) finances are now super tight since I quit my job AND we have to take a road trip to CO this week for a funeral and that is stretching our limited budget even further. I just feel so alone and like I have no idea what to do once Baby arrives. Anyone else feeling this way?
I’m sorry you are going through that, this is such a hard time. I had those same fears and stresses with our third, I knew I wasn’t going back to work after she was born and we were drowning in debt. It kept me up many, many night. It did come together though after many tearful prayers now I’m grateful we had adjusted to one income in time for the pandemic. I’m so sorry, there’s little worst than financial fears in my opinion. I’ve been struggling massively with depression through this, it’s as if our lives were ripped out from under us and all of the progress I worked so hard for my own mental state was abruptly taken back. Im really feeling a childish sense of “it’s not fair”, in a big way.

I’m just over all of this. Pretty sure you’re in WA too, the news is too heavy these days regardless what side of the fence anyone falls on.

All I can say is that everything does come in seasons, this too, whatever you’re (I’m) going through will also pass. Hang in there :flow:

Thank you CC. Yes I'm in WA and yes, the news seems to be going backwards not forwards. :hugs: I appreciate your thoughts, truly.

CC you look good!!

co_foster I know our circumstances and issues are different over there and here in RSA but the year is really getting me down. With covid, hectic issues at work, husband issues, lockdown, massive personal financial losses, everything in our country brutally spinning out of control (guys I can’t read/watch the news anymore) it just feels like nothing makes sense. Some days when I’m working hard or this week playing with my son I forget about the horrors for a few hours and feel ok. But mostly I feel lost. Idk what to say to make anything better. I wish we had a timeline so that we could say “only 3 more months, just hold on” but it could be a year, whatever. Things are shitty and getting worse over here for sure. I’m so sorry and sad for all of us that need to go through this especially during pregnancy. Hugs and hugs and hugs hun and to everyone else!

:hugs: Fern! I definitely think you probably have it the roughest right now, but not trying to compare - just that I understand. I guess our 2020 babies will just be a new generation of truly resilient kiddos because their mamas had to be truly resilient during pregnancy.

Omg!!! Hellllooooo I just had to catch up on 20 pages!!!! About 400 messages!!!!

I can't reply to everyone so just sending massive hugs to you all and so glad your all still here!!

So afm I'm 25 weeks pregnant now. I found out dead on 20 weeks that I'm having another girl. I had serious gender disappointment I have 4 girls and 1 boy already and I'm getting sterilized after this one so I found that quite hard. Her name is going to be Bonnie. I get loads of kicks and punches one day and the next hardly anything which worries me. My fav programme is one born every minute at the moment watch it like every night LMAO..

Just caught up too... so also can't respond to everyone.

But lovely names everyone!

We haven't quite decided, any imput is welcome:
Patrick Connor
Jeremy Connor
Or Connor with one of the other names for middle.
We love the name Connor but our other kids names are Kieran & Claire, both with a "C" sound. So we aren't sure if we want to have all the names sound the same. We may even wait until baby is born to decide which name suits him best. I did have a dream last night that he was called baby Connor... so maybe he is telling me what he wants haha.

Catmum - I'm 25 weeks tomorrow and I also find some days I get lots of kicks and other days hardly any. It's definitely worrying but I think it must be normal at this stage. I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing this.

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend and Happy July 4th to those in the USA. We just celebrated Canada Day on July 1st and had a nice BBQ with some family.

Joanna I really like the name Connor with any of the others for a middle. Bonnie hasn't got a middle name yet but I tend to make them significant so I'm sure one will pop up Lol!!

Co how are you feeling now? I hope things have settled down financially for you and the anxiety eases!!

Ahhh I forgot to Say!! I started out this pregnancy very overweight so it's deemed healthy for me to lose weight or stay the same rather then lose it and so far I'm 2lb off losing 2 stone since the day I found out I'm pregnant xx

Joanna I really like the ring Connor Patrick has to it! Either way, I'm sure you'll have a good idea of what fits when he's born!

Catmum - yes I'm feeling *slightly* better. But we're taking a road trip today to go to a funeral and this pseudo vacation was definitely not planned or budgeted for properly (too short of notice to make it work best), so we are nervous about our time and spending there. Fortunately DH gets holiday pay on Monday, will get three days of bereavement pay and then Friday will be the only day he has to use vacation time which at least makes me feel somewhat better that he's not using most of his vacation time for this (we're trying to save it for October when the baby comes).

Also, good for you for doing such a good job at keeping healthy! So far I've managed to stay under my 20lb goal (I'm currently at 14 lbs overall gain - 16 according to my doctor but I always weigh a little more on their scale since I'm wearing clothes and have eaten). BUT, I know I'm not eating enough, and when I greatly increased my food intake after my 20 week scan, I didn't gain any weight, which makes me nervous. I do hope the baby is getting enough nutrition.

Happy Independence Day to all my US friends! Be safe and healthy!

Thank you for that. I definitely need to lose some and I have extra scans because I'm high risk so they will keep an eye on Bonnies weight to make sure it's coming off me and not her. Is there a reason your not eating much (food aversions etc) ?

I'm really sorry your having such a tough time atm it seems horrendous. Do you not have paternity leave where you are?

Afm had lots of rlp today under my belly which sucks but I like to think is because she is growing! I'm in a weird place atm I am so so desperate to have her but seriously want to make it to my due date lol. Just wish we could fast forward some time!! Hope everyone is safe and well xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->