★ October & November 2020 Hedgehogs ★

Hi ladies just a quick update. After Bonnies heartbeat kept dropping they decided to section me. Long story short she is perfect and doing well so far xx
Congratulations!!!!!! <3

Congratulations Catmum! I’m so glad it’s over for you both and that you are doing well! Hope you recover well!

Congratulations cat! So glad she’s doing well. I hope your recovery goes smoothly.

How are the rest of our pregnant ladies doing?

I had my 37-38 week appointment today. Baby is still breech but doing well. Had a couple dizzy spells this morning, the doctor thinks it’s because the baby is pushing on my vena cava (main vein through the body)... as long as I don’t loose consciousness or are getting headaches then they aren’t concerned. If they increase I’ll have to let them know. C section is still booked for Oct 14, seems surreal that it’s in 2 weeks, yet I’ve never gotten that close to my due date before! I feel very tuned into my body right now, ever twinge and BH contractions makes me think it could be the start but then it isn’t lol.

I’m doing OK Joanna. I am in a LOT of pain with this pelvic pain and sciatica and lower back pain... it feels like most of my skin is sore like when you have the flu. When I google when sciatica goes away after pregnancy most people say never :-( mornings are the worst I also feel very dizzy, breathless, fatigued etc. Basically it feels like I’m recovering from surgery all.the.time. I’m so glad that epidurals have been invented because I would definitely not have been able to cope without one, my pain threshold is very low. So needless to say I’m very fed up.

My nesting urge has been on hold for a week or so, probably due to the pain and fatigue; now I don’t want to wash and pack stuff and do spring cleaning but feel forced to. Ok SO to help out with that, I arranged for my cleaning lady (usually comes in on Saturdays) to come in today (Thursday) until Saturday and guess what we’ve got our first real spring/summer rains forecast these 3 days ](*,) it’s already raining... with SO MUCH washing and cleaning to do... I need to wash his whole bed & all the bedding & car seat & pram (everything is full of cat hair from everyone’s cats climbing into the things at whoever’s house it was standing) and we have zero sun to dry it all. We do all our washing and sun-drying outside, I have one emergency clothes line inside and no dryer. Even the washing machine in the laundry is in a separate little room outside so to get to the laundry you have to go through the rain. So upset, I won’t be able to do much and my ability to do ANYTHING for that matter decreases exponentially as the days go on and I get heavier and more tired & in pain #-o

I’m thinking about all the lovely babies and hope all the new moms are well!

Also- my husband has flipped back to being a crazy psychopath again but I heard that our hospital policy has changed and my sister will be allowed to be my birthing partner without doing a covid test beforehand. I only hope it’s at a time that’s convenient for her since she has her own 3 kids to take care of...

Thank you everyone, you're all so lovely! :flower:

Dont have much time to type, bub is in the process of waking up and he's the king of cluster feeding- I'm pretty much nursing all day - and haven't yet mastered the art of nursing and being on the computer at the same time!

@JessdueJan Massive congrats! What a lil angel! can't wait to hear your birth story!! :hugs:

@Catmumof4 - Congrats!!! I'm so happy Bonnie is doing lovely! <3 I hope you're doing wonderful and that you'll have a smooth recovery!

@Joannaxoxo aww you're so close hun! I totally feel you on interpreting every little twinge and ache and BH. That was100% me starting at 34 weeks hahah. Either way, only 13 days left maximum, how exciting :dance:

@Fern81 Ugh, I'm so sorry to read you're having such a tough time. That does sound really rough with the sciatica and body aches. I wish there was something that to relieve those pains? I had bad hip/pelvic/leg pain in the last weeks and some pregnancy yoga with special focus on relieving sciatica I found off youtube helped some.

That sucks about the rain, what timing uff. The stuff that can be put in the washing machine, could you take those to a nearby laundry service that have driers and dry them right there? Not sure though if baby stuff is meant to be put in a drier, might have to look into that.

I hope things get better for you soon. Hugs :hugs:and glad to hear that your hospital eased up on the rules and your sister will be allowed without it - That was so stressful for us, having to do the damn covid test before, having to time it beforehand, hoping the results dont come in delayed... etc. ugh.

__

Just a few extra things I didn't have time to mention in my last post!

Nobody warned me about post-partum pain omg! It's the worst. I still can barely sit, and only just now feel a little better walking.

That's the downside of a quick delivery-- the tendency to tear pretty badly.. dont know what degree, but I did need quite a few stitches. Which have been KILLING me those last 7 days. Ahhh!

Also, the first few days after delivery I swear I felt phantom kicks in my belly! So weird. And it was soo strange not to be pregnant anymore. I felt like I was missing my little boy, even though he was right there with me in my arms. Dont know how to explain. Like we had this close bond when he was in my belly, he was all mine and now I have to share him haha!

I just get sad thinking I'll never feel his tiny kicks again, which is so weird because him being here is way better.

Tonight was the first night since labor that I got random bouts of solid sleep! Feel like a whole new person. Sleep deprivation was EXTREME this last week. Honestly this is way harder than I imagined it would be. But each day gets better I feel like. This little guy, best thing thats ever happened to me.

Pineberry it’s lovely to read your long update!
Yes the pp pain and tearing... may I suggest sitting on ice packs it helped me tons, also if you have a round breastfeeding pillow or two it also helps to sit on them (if you don’t have a donut pillow).
I felt phantom kicks all the way since delivering ds up until I started feeling A! In fact I wasn’t really sure at what stage the phantom kicks turned into real baby movement! Not weird at all haha.
So glad that you were able to get some sleep... I have no advice regarding cluster feeding as I was pretty much formula feeding most of the time with ds1 (not by choice) and they sleep for longer stretches after drinking formula than breastmilk. I have no experience with sleep deprivation either (I attribute all of it to the formula feeding and will see how it goes this time when I’m going to try a bunch of different things to help with *hopefully* breastfeeding) but I do have insomnia and while I’m sure it’s not nearly the same I have loads of sympathy for you!!! Good luck, you’ll find your rhythm.

The sun came out at about 10 yay so I washed his bed (carrycot), mattress, linen, wedges, car seat, car seat covers, baskets with linen inserts which I’m going to use as nappy caddies etc, a huge table which we carried outside; I scrubbed it with disinfectant and now it’s taken centre stage in the nursery (to be used as a kind of compactum) and tutored in between phew I’m tired out now but got a bit done at least. Tomorrow I’m going to fetch a bunch of other baby stuff from my parents and brother (cosleeper, pram, other car seat) so those will have to be washed too; I hope the weather forecast remains incorrect and that it’s sunny tomorrow as well.

Glad to hear you and baby are doing well, Catmum!! Congratulations :)

That's exciting, Joanna! So close to the finish line.

Sorry to hear about your husband, Fern but that's great news for your sister. Fingers crossed she can make it work to be there for you when the time comes! And hoping for some sunny skies :)

Thanks for sharing, Pine! That sucks about the pain and tearing. Hoepfully you heal up quickly. I'm dreading that part so much and have been stocking up on various things to try and help. Glad to hear you were able to finally get a bit of sleep!

AFM - had my 34 week appointment yesterday and all seems well. Baby is head down and he continues to squirm around daily (which is getting so much more uncomfortable on my bladder.) Fiance and I are both super busy with getting the new house ready and it's exhausting. Hoping we can knock off a good chunk of stuff today/tomorrow so we can just pack all weekend before the move Monday.

I'm starting to panic a little bit seeing so many babies coming at 37/38 weeks! I think most of that boils down to the fact that we're just not in the new house, yet, and it's still chaos. Really hoping we can enjoy a couple of weeks of relaxing in the new house before he arrives.

I'm also starting to rethink the name we picked out, so that's not helping. Fiance doesn't exactly seem sold on it (despite him picking it out) so looks like we might be back to the drawing board on that.

Congrats Catmum! I'm so happy that Bonnie is here and doing well, and so are you. I imagine you are quite relieved to be done with this pregnancy and know your baby girl is perfect.

Azure- good luck with that final push and then the move, don’t overextend yourself hun x

I had my 35 week appointment today, baby seems fine and is moving a lot. I keep bleeding on and off and she could see erosion of my cervix but cervix is still 3cm and no placenta accretia or previa or abrubtia. Unknown origin blah! Baby is measuring much smaller than G did. G was always 90th percentile but A consistently measures just below 50th.

The doctor’s partner policy had changed and my husband was allowed to attend the appointment today but he “wasn’t interested”. Not interested in seeing your child on ultrasound for the first time since Covid, not interested in meeting the doctor...?? Anyway I will only be going for my next appointment at 39 weeks exactly because my dr is taking leave! She will be available if I go into labour though, she is just moving house so won’t be seeing patients at her rooms. Let’s hope I don’t go into labour before then. And I’m officially on maternity leave! I might go to school for a few days to finish off some admin but that’s it.

Hi all,

Quick update from me... Connor Patrick joined us last night at 12:36 am, weighing 5 lbs 10 oz. He’s so tiny and cute... both of us are doing well but just tired. Will update properly when I’m able.

can’t get photos to upload, will do so another day.

Woohooooo congrats Joanna <3:hugs: Cant wait to see pics!! Glad both of you are doing well!

I wish I could respond to all of you but so excited and happy for you mama's with your beautiful newborns.

Wow congratulations Joanna! Can’t wait to see pictures and read more when you are able to update :)

Hi all,

Quick update from me... Connor Patrick joined us last night at 12:36 am, weighing 5 lbs 10 oz. He’s so tiny and cute... both of us are doing well but just tired. Will update properly when I’m able.

can’t get photos to upload, will do so another day.
Congratulations!!!!! <3

Congratulations @Joannaxoxo!! Glad he is here safe and well, 5lbs 10oz sounds so tiny, can't wait to see pics when you upload xx

Oh wow, more babies! Congratulations Cat and Joanna! Hope you’re both enjoying lots of lovely baby cuddles. I can’t believe how quickly they’re all coming now!
I’ve been getting tightenings/cramps on and off the last few days but I had a few weeks of that in my last pregnancy so hopefully not a sign that my baby will be here soon as I’m hoping for another 2-3 weeks at least of cooking!

@jellybeanxx hope your pains and things are just your body preparing and baby stays put for a while yet.

Hope everyone is OK and those with newborns are surviving the crazy first few weeks.

I am feeling surprisingly well and full of energy, it's a bit frustrating as I know i shouldnt be doing too much with my scar and I can't physically walk too far before it starts hurting and I get dizzy but I just want to get on with life, go for walks and get on top of the house work. I have to remind myself to take it easy and be patient!
Baby is doing really well now we are finally home, weight has dropped down to 6lb 3oz but she is feeding like a dream now so I'm sure she will put it back on in no time.

IMG_20201004_124757.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->