★ October & November 2020 Hedgehogs ★

Aaawww Jess she is just too cute and I’m thrilled to read that she’s doing so well! And that you are feeling so full of energy, that’s great!

Still very pregnant over here! Seeing as how my cervix was still 3cm at my last dr appointment I think he’s still awhile away from being born. At least he is most definitely head down. 36 weeks tomorrow, he’s welcome to come at any day now!

I had such a frustrating meeting at school again today (Omw I REALLY dislike management!) but I told them I AM taking leave from 36 weeks onward and will NOT be returning next year but instead spend the year with my baby, my own business and my studies. Whether they like it or not, it’s my life! So, tomorrow will be my last day officially at school and on Wednesday I’ll just be working out a schedule for them to follow in order to do revision by themselves for the exam. Then alllll my energy can go to my family yay!

Jess - how cute is she! Glad your both doing well.

Baby Connor and I got to come home this morning... feeling sore and tired but happy. We stayed in hospital an extra day because Connor was a little jaundice and needed some light therapy. My milk arrived this morning and boy do my breasts hurt lol. Will update on birth story shortly, I can hear him stirring.9CCD0CD4-C469-41A8-B831-10AE8C277C41.jpeg4F8FC8AC-5F7E-472F-88EB-1F370BC11F42.jpeg7D4B517C-515F-4C99-BCAA-93FB7F9F2CC4.jpeg

sorry pics are sideways, not sure how to change them.

Joanna stalking a bit for your birth story :)

I hope all the new moms are doing well!

So I just came home from my final day at school, I have one day of admin left and then I’m on leave! Best decision ever! Well, we also made a huge (other) decision... to buy a small 1 bedroom villa to rent out as a holiday home. Hopefully it will be a source of income during the coming years, especially the next year or 2 when I’ll mostly be raising baby and not working a lot. So husband wants us to buy and furnish the place ASAP... I’m not going to move or unpack anything though lol I’m already fine with all the deep cleaning I’m doing at my own house :) but it’s not a house that I need to live in so I can depend on other people to worry about that. It’s a newly built villa so at least it doesn’t have to be renovated or deep cleaned, only furnished.

Joanna congrats!!!!! First October baby on the thread I think? He is precious and oh.m.gee SO tiny. I love it.

Jess - she is beautiful! Yay for energy! But yes, take it easy. Some veteran mom friends of mine told me that they didn't take it easy because they felt fine and one of them actually ended up tearing up her back with her firstborn when he was six weeks. She just got surgery for it and he's nine now (yikes!).

Fern - yay for no more school! I hope the villa works out well for providing some income. I'm sorry DH is such a dud - that would make me really sad and upset if DH didn't want to come to my appointments. :hugs:

Sorry if I didn't respond to everyone.

AFM - have an induction scheduled to start on the evening of the 18th. I feel excited and relieved to have a date on the books. That being said, this baby could come at any time from here on out. My doctor was happy with his health at today's scan (not due for a growth scan til next week but his cord and amniotic fluid are all good).

Fern I’m glad you stood your ground with the school, hope you can get some rest now!

Joanna what gorgeous photos! Glad you’re both doing well and home. I look forward to the birth story!

Co glad to hear the scan went well and you’ve got your induction date. On the home stretch now!

I spent the afternoon in the pregnancy assessment unit.
I picked my youngest up from nursery and his teacher said he’d struggled to get his shoes on and thought he might’ve grown out of them, which was weird as they fitted fine this morning! I later found out someone had put a toy spider in them so he couldn’t get one on!
He was upset as we were walking out of the school so I stupidly picked all 18kg of him up. After a few seconds I started getting very bad shooting pains through my bump down into my pelvis. This didn’t let up and I also started getting cramps and tightenings.
I phoned the hospital and they got me to come up. Luckily my husband could leave work and was allowed in with me.
I spent quite a long time on the monitor and baby was still happy in there (and dedicated to trying to kick the monitor off me) which was a massive relief.
The pain was apparently caused by my abdominal muscles separating and my pelvis doing the same. The doctor advised lots of rest, regular paracetamol and has made a referral to the physios. I’m so sore but just relieved the baby is okay! Apparently heavy lifting at this point in pregnancy isn’t a great idea!

Hi all congratulations on all the babies eeeekkkkk so cute!

I can't remember if I updated much about Bonnie. She was born the 30th Sep at 1.58am so nearly a week old. I have happy but sad memories. So sad I didn't get the chance to push her out, my last one. I'm missing the kicks and rolls but not missing the pain. I too have loads of energy but trying to pace myself. Section scar is only hurting a little now. Bonnie is amazing she is so chilled out! She wakes 3 hrly for feeds but sleeps well (touch wood) between feeds. She didn't lose weight after birth at all just put on 3 ozs so far! On the other hand my 2 year old Evelyn is just getting worse with her behaviour. Iv so had enough

Jelly - that sounds really painful! I guess I only thought about heavy lifting causing contractions but I guess all sorts can happen to us. Keep resting and I hope you feel better soon.

Fern - congrats on the final day at work and buying the condo. I bet your relieved to be done work.

Foster - yay for a date. But your right, they can come anytime now.

So my birth story:

So I’ve been feeling BH contractions for months now. But on Thursday evening (Oct 1st) around 7pm I felt about 5 or 6 BH contractions in an hour. They must have been early labour contractions because they weren’t really very painful, more like light tightenings like BH contractions.. the difference is that I got a bunch in the hour and they lasted around a minute long. So by 8pm, I started timing them on a contraction app on my phone. They went from every 30 minutes to 15 minutes and by 9:30pm I got about 5 contractions in 15 minutes. Again, they weren’t very painful yet so I wasn’t sure... I called the hospital and they advised me to come in and get checked.

My husband had to wait in the car as they hadn’t admitted me yet. So while I was being monitored my contractions were only 3 minutes apart! All of this in 3 hours! But again, they weren’t very painful, I wasn’t in active labour obviously. So they did a last ultrasound and confirmed that he was still breech. So based on my history of quick labours they decided to call in the team and within an hour I was in the OR for the csection. My husband was able to join us at this point. The surgery went well and Connor was born at 12:36 am on Friday, Oct 2nd.

Connor and I spent 4 days in hospital. He was a touch jaundice and spent 24 hours in light therapy. We also had to supplement him with some formula so he didn’t loose much weight. He did drop down from 5 lbs 10 oz to 5 lbs 2 oz. But as of yesterday my milk arrived and we are exclusively breastfeeding, he’s doing great at it. But boy are the first few days exhausting.

My section incision is still sore but not like the first few days. I’ve been moving around more each day. Connor needs to eat every 2-3 hour to keep adding weight and also to flush out the remaining jaundice. So I’ve had several nights with almost no sleep now. However last night being home was much better, there is nothing like your own bed and not having nurses constantly checking on you. (All the nurses were amazing and I understand why they check on us... but it was hard for me to sleep).

So that is mostly everything. Here’s a picture from today of Connor and I.
AC083501-7AA9-4230-8C68-4CBEC052896C.jpeg

Yay for maternity leave, Fern!! That really sucks with your husband not being interested at all. That’s good to know your doctor will still be available if you go into labor, though! Hope the villa works out well for you.

Joanna - Congratulations!!! He is such a cutie!! That’s wild how quickly everything happened. That’s good your husband was able to join in time! Such a great birth story and I bet it must feel nice to be out of the hospital. The pair of you look amazing together!!

Jellybean - hopefully your baby stays put a little longer! Had a little chuckle at the spider in the shoe - I guess that would be a good reason they didn’t fit anymore. That must’ve been painful, though. Glad the baby is still doing well and hope you can take it easy.

Jess - she looks so adorable! Glad to hear you’re feeling well but don’t rush things! Listen to your body :) So nice to hear that feeding is going well, too.

CO - good news on the induction date and with the growth scan! Getting so close :)

Catmum - glad to hear Bonnie is doing well! Hopefully Evelyn starts cooperating for you to take some stress off of your plate.

AFM - We moved! Everything went fairly smoothly. Both cats have settled in very well, which has helped a lot. They haven’t gotten along since I moved into the other house in the spring. My cat is a bully and his cat is older and a wimp so he’d just hide on top of a cupboard and never come down. Now the older guy has a few rooms to roam in and dad cuddles, my cat gets his space and cuddle time with mom and both seem very happy. Fiancé is handling things well now that the cats are doing better, too, as I know he was worried about his older cat not handling the move well at all.

Still lots of setup to do and still need to finish putting new baseboard into the nursery but hoping that’ll all be taken care of on the weekend so we can start actually getting that room ready. I’m dying to start setting up all the furniture and unpacking everything there. Definitely loving this place already, though. We finally have water pressure and that alone makes everything better lol!

Everything seems status quo with the baby. Swelling in my fingers is annoying (feet are OK with my compression socks, thankfully) and I’m sore as hell from all the renovation/painting work, packing, unpacking and setting up of things. My lower back is pretty much done with everything lol but hopefully I’ll get to relax in our new jacuzzi tub tonight with some jets on :) We go in for our 36w appointment a week from today and then my OB will start seeing me weekly.

Co_foster yay for induction date! I hope baby hangs on until then so that you can get loads of rest.

Jellybean wow that sounds really intense. My son weighs the same and I still pick him up a lot... I probably shouldn’t... Glad you’re ok though and take it easy!

Catmum it sounds like Bonnie is really doing wonderful, lucky you!! Sorry about Evelyn though... I found with ds the year between 1-2 years of age was really hard and he acted out a lot. I have loads of sympathy:( maybe she’s acting out now due to the new baby?? And will hopefully get into a new calmer routine soon...!

Joanna oh gosh Connor is precious! So tiny! And it’s nice to put a face to your name :) glad to hear he’s doing so well, shame I can imagine you’re feeling exhausted!

Azure- what a relief that you’re finished with the move and that you can almost start with the nursery. I still can’t imagine doing all that work that you’re doing now though, you (and all the other ladies who moved) are much tougher than me that’s for sure. Enjoy the jacuzzi! I’m a bit jealous of that one tbh :)

I heard from the hospital though- even though my sister would have been allowed to be my birthing partner, only one person will be allowed with me/to visit me at all. So that means if she’s there for the birth she will be the only one allowed to visit me at all for however many days I’m in the hospital; this is in order to limit the “traffic” in the hospital. So that won’t work :( husband will want to see the baby in visiting times. The ward supervisor was very sympathetic and said that we can discuss the matter again closer to my due date and that they might make an exception for me (I hope so!).

I’m done with schoolwork yay! Worked my fingers off until 4pm today lol and then closed my laptop with a flourish. I’m very relieved. Now I’m just going to focus on the house and the kids. I also booked my gel pedicure for next Friday (the salon uses massage chairs, soooo amazing!) and wax for Saturday, that’s just before I’ll be 38 weeks so I’ll definitely still be able to attend those appointments:) baby isn’t showing any signs of coming soon. I wished him out but now that I have some time available to rest I feel like he can take his time lol. I’ll re-evaluate that feeling again in a week or so though! In the meantime I’ll still tutor my private science learners but that’s fine, I like doing it & it’s not tiring or stressful.

I had to see the dr again today as I’ve developed a uterine prolapse. Soooo I’m still “allowed” to try a vb but there’s a chance of uterine inversion or extroversion (hope those are the right terms, trying to translate what she told me in my language, into English). In other words my uterus or part of it can possibly come out during birth. It might lead to a medical emergency where I’ll need emergency surgery. There are so many “ifs”. I might have a successful vb but then need an operation to fix the worsened prolapse when I’m 60ish (because having a vb now will probably worsen it). I might have to have a cs. Ugh I’m so stressed about it now... imagine I go through labour, have my baby, then need to be put under for emergency surgery. Which will be ten times worse than having a cs. But at the same time I’m also deathly afraid of having a cs and really want my vb. Idk what to do or decide and I’m only going to see her again when I’m 39 weeks :(

Jelly hope baby stays put a bit longer. I've been crampy on and off for over a month now but thankfully they have been irregular and my cervix is closed. Also, I try to limit picking my 3 y.o. up. She's around 40lbs so fairly heavy. PT has really helped my pelvic pain, so hope you experience the same.

Jess so sweet. Glad baby girl is feeding so well :)

Joanna Connor is too precious :) glad his jaundice is gone. I'm glad your DH was there for his birth and I think you look great.

Fern yay for the start of maternity leave :)

As for vb vs cs. I think I would base it on how high f a risk it is for uterine inversion. I think it would be very hard recovering from an emergency surgery and a vaginal birth. Even more so with caring for a young child and newborn and without a supportive husband. Honestly, I would probably choose a scheduled CS in your case and see a PT that specializes in pelvic floor therapy after you've recovered postpartum. Buuuut, you don't have to listen to me either, you could very well have a vaginal birth without uterine inversion.

Co I'm so excited you will be meeting baby boy in 7 to 8 days (not sure what time induction is or how long it'll last). Ah, how are you feeling?

Cat I'm sorry your 2 y.o. is misbehaving. I know my 1st had a rough time when my 2nd was born (21 months apart). It's so hard to have their life change and not comprehend it all I think. Glad baby is doing well and hope you recover quickly.

Azure glad you are moved and cats are better now. I can't imagine how hard it'd be moving 8 or 9 moths pregnant. Hope you enjoy your tub and get things sorted/set up.

AFM trying to keep up a bit better now. Still quite busy but it'll be okay. I had my 34 wk appt yesterday. I have bv so started antibiotics last night. Good news is everything else was perfect and cervix is closed. Closing date was pushed from today to the 30th but bank is optimistic we will close sooner than that. Lots of headaches with the loan, land situation but I know in the end it'll be worth it.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Oh Fern, I hope they're able to make an exception for you! Pedicure and massage chairs sound amaaaaazing, though. Hope you are still able to enjoy it despite the news from the Dr! Big hugs and will be crossing my fingers everything goes well for you either way.

Flueky, that's good to hear thing are going well aside from the antibiotics. All the fun that comes with closing and loans will definitely be worth it!!

Hi ladies how is everyone?
I’m almost 37 weeks, really starting to relax and enjoy maternity leave :)
Thinking of all of you!

Hi all,

Thinking of everyone and wondering how everyone is doing?

I’m still in a bit of a fog, these long nights of broken sleep are tough, Connor needs to feed about every 2-3 hours but he’s been cluster feeding around every hour an a half for the past 2 days! I’ve been dealing with a bit of vertigo too and it’s worse when I’m tired. So that’s no fun. But my csection incision hardly hurts now and I’m enjoying my time alone with the baby when everyone is gone during the week.

So excited to hear about more baby announcements and updates from all the new babies. Take care everyone!

Hey all! I am going to try to catch up a bit -

Fern - I really do hope they make an exception for you to have your sister and your husband. I hate how Covid has completely complicated something that is already so difficult and stressful.

Azure - you can do it! I hope everything comes together soon so you can rest up in the final days. We somehow managed to bust out a massive downsize, get our place in a mostly safe and comfortable situation (we're waiting on one piece of furniture to really help it feel like home) and also got the nursery finished. Sooo, if we can do it, YOU CAN TOO! But also, don't overdo it! I was so tempted and there were many times I probably overdid it and really regretted it the next week.

Flueky I hope nothing goes wrong with your closing date and I'm glad you and baby are doing okay!

Joanna - Connor is precious and you look lovely! I hope your cs recovery continues to go well!!!

Cat - I hope your 2yo will get used to the new family dynamic super quick and will settle in and start calming down really soon! I'm feeling overwhelmed with the thought of change in our family after 10 years of being just a couple so I can't even imagine trying to parent a little one while brining in a newborn. You've got this mama! I'm glad Bonnie is doing well.

Jelly - how are you feeling? Are you doing better now?

AFM - had my final growth scan yesterday. Love Bug measured in the 9th percentile so the induction is still on for the 18th unless they have a bus load of women show up in active labor on Sunday. I'm hoping not, because I'm really not wanting any extra surprises at this point. Plus, I have to take a Covid test today, and I'm not allowed to go anywhere after that, so having to wait beyond Sunday sounds like eons away. Other than he's small, everything else about his scan and health were perfect, so he's mostly getting what he needs. They think he's on track for being born at about 5.5lbs. I'm okay with that lol. We got the nursery finished this week finally. And here's my final official bumpie.

How are all the new mamas doing? Hoping all is well and you are getting as much rest as possible, enjoying your sweet little bundles.

IMG_0490.jpeg

That sounds exhausting, Joanna, but nice to hear you and Connor are doing well! Time alone with the baby sounds lovely :)

Thanks, CO! We did manage to get it (mostly) done after the long weekend. Just a few things left to get to finish up the room but nothing crazy. So exciting that your date is so close!!! Fingers crossed they don't have to move it on you. Super cute bump and looking forward to the super cute pics of Love Bug!!

Had my 36w appointment with my OB today and he thinks there's a 50/50 chance that baby is breech at the moment. He's straight up and down but they can't determine between head and butt. So, he has given me a requisition to get an ultrasound done and the soonest the clinic can get me in is Tuesday but the ladies there are going to try to squeeze me in sooner if they can, as they told me they've been getting lots of cancellations.

If he is breech, my OB said he may bring me into the hospital to try moving him externally but the odds are about 50/50 that will work. The thought of them doing that makes me feel queasy but we'll see. Has anyone tried this before?

Was really hoping for a vaginal birth but I guess if he is breech and doesn't drop then I don't have much of a choice!

Last edited:
Azure hoping baby is head down for you! It can be so hard to tell! Hope you can get the scan in soon. My second baby was breech until around 34-35 weeks. I did all the exercises on the spinning babies website and got him to turn. I’d been looking at having a breech vaginal birth if he’d have stayed bum down though. It does depend on what kind of breech it is though, some are riskier than others I believe.

Co lovely bump photo! Not long to go now! Will be thinking of you on Sunday and hope they can get that induction started quickly.

Joanna those cluster feeds can be exhausting! Glad you’re enjoying your baby time though!

Flukey I’m glad the physio has helped with your pelvic pain! My appointment is tomorrow but will be over the phone so not sure how useful it will be! Glad the 34 week appointment went well!

Fern it’s great that you’re getting some rest and relaxation in, much needed!

Hope everyone else is keeping well!

My 36 week scan went well. Baby was estimated at 6lb 3oz which is the exact size my eldest was at birth so no concerns about this one being small! Consultant was really positive about me planning a home birth. I’ve got the entonox canisters here already and the birth pool being delivered next week so all ready to go! I’ll officially be on the home birth list from this time next week so hoping I’ll get to meet baby soon!

Azure - I was given the option of external rotation too. I decided against it because of the 50/50 chance it would work... plus I’d also have a higher risk of uterine rupture due to already having a csection. I’m glad I decided against it, when I went into labour they checked baby on the ultrasound and he had almost no waters left, so the turn could have been dangerous. Good luck with your decision.

co - I’m excited for you on Sunday! Baby sounds like he’ll be a little guy too, they still do amazing at 5.5 lbs.

Jelly - I hope you get your home birth! I remember labouring with my first in a bathtub and it was lovely. Are you allowed to give birth in the tub, or just labour in it?

AFM - Baby Connor and I are doing well, had a 4 hour stretch of sleep last night and I feel amazing! Connor had his 2 week checkup today, I’m hoping his jaundice is gone and his weight is up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->