★ October & November 2020 Hedgehogs ★

Azure- enjoy your last evening and good luck with tomorrow!

Thank you!! Talk about a wide range of emotions. Hoping I'll be able to get some sleep tonight lol :)

Thinking of you today Azure! Hope you are both doing well x

Fernnnnn, CONGRATS lovely!! :hugs: I'm glad everything went (relatively) well, and sorry about the pain; that sounds awful with having no time for an epidural, but I'm so happy to see Armand is here safe and sound- and what a lil cutie he is :cloud9: <3 Hope recovery goes well for you mama, and that your milk supply issue resolves itself soon / has resolved itself by now.

Thinking of you @AzureOrchid & hope everything goes superwell. How exciting that today is the day :hugs:

Hope everyone else is doing well also.

Not much to update here; we have some good days & bad days in regards to sleep (some days ago he wouldn't sleep no matter how hard we tried to get him to- he was overtired which just made it worse. Then yesterday and today he slept without issues all day) , but all in all I really must say that this whole parent thing has gotten more managable and easier at this point (bub is 5 weeks and 3 days old now).

I feel like a person again & no longer get anxious at night time as I did before. Overall I feel really good and am so excited for the next few months, when he'll start smiling and laughing and interacting with us. Literally can't wait for that :dance:

Also, after having spoiled myself with unhealthy foods these last weeks (to reward myself for eating so well during my GD pregnancy), I will now go back to eating a healthy diet again and maybe even exercise a lil here and there. It was nice not having to watch what I eat & enjoy pizza, chocolate etc. but I feel really gross now hahah. Looking forward to eat healthy and subsequently feel better in my skin again. :)

Thanks ladies! He arrived yesterday at 5:41pm weighing 7lbs 11oz. His head was quite wedged in there so I’m glad we didn’t waste any time trying to flip him last week. He had some minor lung issue and has been in NICU since but is doing great. He was on CPAP for a few hours last night but all seems well. We just started breastfeeding this morning and he latched on right away. If all continues well, he’ll be in our room tonight and out of NICU.
All in all things went well. I’ll post the full story another day. It was quite the experience and so happy to finally really get to hold him today.
Here’s a pic from today post feeding of Logan! Middle name still pending lol
20117353-707C-4D99-9EE3-D1EBEC560AFF.jpeg

Awww supercongrats on your little boy Azure!!!! <3 Glad the lung issue is minor and that he’s doing great! And how awesome that breastfeeding worked perfectly right off the bat :) plus he is stinkin gorgeous :cloud9: happy for you mama :hugs2:

Congrats Azure! Logan is a great name, it was on my list too! I’m glad his lug issue is minor, good luck on the breastfeeding journey and I’m happy he latched right away.

Fern - congratulations, baby Armand is gorgeous.

AFM - not much to report, Connor has his 4 week check up tomorrow, I’ll find out how much he weighs... I’m thinking he’s gained at least a pound in the past 2 weeks... this little man loves to eat and is eating about every 2-3 hours still.

CONGRATS FERN and AZURE!!! Both your babies are gorgeous!!!!! I'm so glad to hear you all are doing well.

I'm sorry I haven't been on much. Life with a newborn has been crazy because he's had to go to the doctors so much and for whatever reason we keep needing to go be out and about which isn't helping me heal. He was jaundiced so poor thing's feet look like little pin cushions. But we think the jaundice is gone now and he has his two week checkup and circumcision today. Wish us luck! I'm nervous about how that's gonna go.

So my birth story is kind of intense - I'll try to give you the shortened version here but you are welcome to read it in my journal for the full scoop.

Things started well - got my first and only dose of cytotec at 3pm on the 18th. Nurse came in about an hour later and said that baby's heart rate had dropped a bit after the cytotec so they wanted to do a Pitocin/ contraction stress test to see if he would even tolerate labor well. So they started me on Pit. My waters ended up breaking about 2 or 3 hours after that and that's when the doctor came in to say that he was handling labor beautifully. I was feeling like a real champ at labor as well. About 3 more hours went by uneventfully. Labor was progressing well. But then they couldn't get a good lock on his heartbeat and I was starting to be in agony. I knew something was wrong but I didn't know any better since this was my first labor so I didn't say anything. Next time I will know better to speak up if something just doesn't seem right. Turns out my contractions became one long, unending contraction, it was pure agony to lay on my back at all and I had a very hard time moving, talking, etc. It was also agony as they tried to adjust the monitors to get a good lock on his heart rate. About 10 minutes past without them being able to get a lock and what they could find was super low heart rate (some were at only 30 bpm). The doctor checked my cervix (I was at 6cm and effaced) and tried both a fetal internal probe and ultrasound to get a lock on the heart rate but still couldn't. That's when she called it and the room became an ant hill of nurses and I was very quickly rolled into the OR for what they call a "crash" c-section, meaning, I was put to sleep because they didn't have time for the spinal block. Apparently from the time I was rolled out of the labor room to the time he was delivered was only 2.5 minutes, and I was in recovery in 14 minutes minutes. Talk about crazy fast and intense. Baby didn't breathe on his own for the first 3 minutes and they were worried about swelling but he normalized super fast on the cooling bed and did quite well after that. He's a perfectly happy, normal baby now and I couldn't be happier to have him home in my arms, despite the birth experience being as crazy as it was. At the end of the day, I feel it was a positive birth experience, because I got to labor naturally without pain meds and did really well until the crazy end, and Zeke's here, healthy and alive. That's all that matters to me honestly.

Congratulations Azure! What a beautiful baby! Hope he’s out of the NICU and in with you for lots of snuggles very soon.

Co that sounds like a very intense experience and I’m so glad to hear you’re both doing okay now!

I’m currently experiencing latent labour. I have several hours at a time of contractions building in intensity and then they just fizzle out. I had this in my last pregnancy but it’s much more full on this time. The midwife warned me it could happen with third babies! I’m feeling exhausted and disheartened. Really hoping baby is here soon!

Pine I'm glad that things are getting easier. I really don't blame you for eating thise foods you didn't during pregnancy cause of GD. I have so much respect for anyone that can stick to a diet while prego cause my tastes get so picky.

Azure glad you are both safe but hate he's in NICU. I really hope you both are already home together. He's a cutie and love milk drunk baby pics :)

Joanna how was his appt?

Co how was the check up? Don't feel guilty, the 4th trimester isn't easy and you've had extra appts to deal with as well.

Jelly, I feel like I'm going to prego forever. Why are the last weeks so hard?

AFM thought waters had started leaking Friday evening so I went to L&D. Was just a lot of watery discharge. I was having contractions but not regular. I haven't had any cervix changes either since my 36 week appt. I have been losing pieces of plug since Monday several times each day so I'm hoping it's a sign it's getting really close.

Loving reading all the updates ladies.

Jelly and flueky I hope your babies make an appearence soon and don't keep you waiting too much longer.

Congratulations to all those who have had babies since I was last on, they are all so gorgeous. Well done mamas!

Co - a crash c section must have been scary but glad they dealt with it so quickly and you and Zeke are both safe and well. By the way, I adore the name Zeke, I fell in love with it when there was a character in Neighbours with that name and its always on my name list but never makes the joint decision cut... so awesome choice!

We are all good here, life just seems to be flying by though in a blur of sleepless nights and endless school runs with the older kids. Poppy did her first 5 hour stint through the night last night so I'm crossing my fingers it's the first of many xx

Flueky I know the feeling, it’s never ending! I’ve been losing bits of plug for a few days too and hoping it gets me somewhere. Fingers crossed it won’t be long for either of us now!

Jess 5 hours is great going! Hopefully it continues!

Not much new going on here, waiting on baby and being back in a national lockdown from today. It’s not as restrictive as the one earlier in the year though so I’m able to go for a walk with my friend later in an attempt to get the baby out.

Update- Kylie was born at home on the fourth of November at 2243. Was an amazing home birth experience. She is my biggest and earliest baby to date born @ 38+1 weighing a whopping 7ib15oz 21” ! There were questions about my dates from day one, though I think she’s taken after her 8ib15oz daddy - she is identical to his newborn photos! I only managed a gain of 9 ibs so have already lost three pounds from pre pregnancy weight, will thank her for that :haha:

B0F1EAA5-E55A-4C15-9E4A-833E2A0B8511.jpeg

Congrats CC she is a doll! Glad to hear you had a positive home birth. I’m quite jealous of that weight loss! I still have 14kg to go to get to my pre-pregnancy weight urgh.

Congrats to you too Azure!! He is precious! I hope things continue to improve and all the best with bf.

Jellybean and Flueky I hope things start moving along and that you both go into labour soon x

Oooh nice to get a 5hr long stretch of sleep Jess! I can’t wait for that to start happening!

Foster that birth experience sounds quite scary but you have a very positive outlook, good for you. I’m so glad you’re both ok now and that you’re enjoying him.

Afm I’m loving my little boy and big brother is awesome with him, he wants to have MORE brothers RIGHT NOW. Lol! I’ve mentally moved on from the trauma that the pain and dr treatment caused during my birth and am able to remember and focus on the good parts. It helps that my son is a complete doll and so loveable. Even when there are hectic nights/days they are balanced out with nights that we both sleep well, some days that I get lots of time to clean (well, about 2/3 days of that so far!), I’m physically very healthy and have loads of energy, and we are really figuring out breastfeeding yay. Oh I SO recommend a Haakaa or similar!

Jess hope you get more 5 hour stretches of sleep. I'm not looking forward to the frequent wake ups but I know it doesn't last forever.

Jelly sorry baby is being equally stubborn. I was thinking yesterday really might have been the day but cramps and contractions fizzled out.

CC she's gorgeous and I can't figure out where you were hiding her lol I'm glad you had a good home birth experience.

Fern so glad you are able to move past the trauma of your experience. I have a haakka and hoping it works well for me. I didn't leak with my other 2 so I'm not sure it'll be much use for me.

AFM I'm so tired of being pregnant right now and with these irregular contractions and hoping it turns into active labor. Just general feeling of not feeling good. Not like a sick feeling though. I'm just trying to remind myself that I'll be requesting induction at my appt on Monday so she will be here within a week in any case.

I dreamt about breastfeeding last night and my left boob was super leaky but not the right. I've had several breastfeeding dreams in my 3rd tri though.

Flueky these babies really do need to hurry up! I gave up and went to bed at 1am when my contractions fizzled out and then woke up again with them at 4.30am so I’ve now had another 12 hours of mild and irregular contractions. I get the occasional strong ones but they don’t get that regular. It’s exhausting isn’t it? I’m glad you have a finish line in sight at least and hopefully having all these contractions means your induction will be a quick one if it comes to it!

Fern I’m glad to hear you’re feeling better and having such a lovely time with your boys!

AFM aside from the irregular contractions and the 3 year old with a broken leg, I now have my 7 year old having to self isolate for 2 weeks because there’s been a positive covid case in his class. We haven’t been told who it is but speaking to other parents, it sounds like it was one of the teaching assistants. Hopefully she’s okay! Frustrating for it to have happened at this point especially as I’ve spent most of my pregnancy worrying this would happen! Luckily my maternity team have a covid hotline so I was able to get reassurance from them that my birth can go ahead as planned but my son will need to be in a separate part of the house. It’s not ideal especially with everything else going on but I’m trying to make my peace with it all! Just need this baby to get moving and hope that none of us have been infected!

Stalking for your guys updates, totally 100% thought I’d be last to go as I always am #-o

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->