★ October & November 2020 Hedgehogs ★

Fern that makes a lit of sense then why you are apprehensive about a CS. When is your next appt?

Azure, you have such a lovely and healthy outlook on delivery. I hope ECV is a success for you but if not baby boy will be coming safely soon after. Also good luck getting everything done before his arrival :)

Pine he's gorgeous. Cluster feeds are hard. I remember switching boobs constantly for like 2 hours with my 2nd starting at like 7 pm. It gets better and easier though.

Co thinking of you. Hoping you are just busy with baby boy at the moment.

AFM, I feel like baby girl will make her appearance in the next 7 days. My gut feeling could be wrong though. I had contractions yesterday and she is putting a fair bit of pressure on my pelvis. Continued increase discharge with bits of plug here and there. Sorry for tmi. So yeah.

Well I'm unfortunately positive for GBS, wouldn't be concerned except for having rapid labors. I'm going to request an induction but doubt I'll make it to 39 weeks. Also going to ask if it's possible someone place an iv and I keep iv antibiotics on hand to start as soon as my waters break or labor begins. Not sure if OB and/or insurance would approve but worth asking. I've started a probiotic too to see if it might decrease risk of transmission during delivery. From what I've read the main difference if I don't have antibiotics in 4 hours prior to delivery is baby stays 48hours. If that happens I'll stay 48 hours instead of 24 hours I'd hoped for.

I'm sorry to hear about the GBS, Flueky! I just found out I was positive the other day, too. Must be stressful trying to plan for a potentially quick labor but hope you are able to get a good game plan in place to reduce risk even more for your girl. Pretty exciting if she's coming in the next week, though!! :)

We are pretty much 100% sure we are going to skip the ECV on Monday. I sent some questions to my OB and he basically feels there is less than 50% chance of success at this point and my gut agrees (and feels there's even less chance) based on the size of this guy and the size of me. I don't think it's worth putting either of us through the stress/discomfort/pain of it for an attempt at vaginal delivery when I am completely OK with c-section if that's how he needs to make his way into the world. Fiance is in agreement and supportive so we'll probably cancel Monday and just stick to our scheduled CS day of November 1st. Unless he decides to arrive sooner, which would be very fine by me!

Azure - that was basically my thoughts for the ECV, the fact that it was only a 50/50 for it to work and I was worried about it causing harm to the baby. Plus with a previous c-section there was more risks involved for me too. But whatever decision you make I’m sure it will work out for you.

Pine - your bubba sounds like mine. I actually cried at 6am, after being up every 1.5-2 hours all night long feeding, I was just done. DH took baby out of the room this morning so I could sleep for 3 hours. It’s an amazing time but just so exhausting. Hang in there, it does get easier... but hard to imagine at this stage.

Connor is now 3 weeks old.

Can’t wait to see more baby announcements!
46293211-8BDE-4609-993F-861ED35EA247.jpeg

Yes! Can't believe it's so soon! I'm curious if he'll try to make an entrance before then :)

That sounds exhausting and stressful, Joanna! Good you were able to get some rest for a few hours. It does look like it's well worth it when you get to look at that super adorable little guy though :)

Hi all. I am SO sorry for not updating in a week. It has been an absolute whirlwind.

First, he's here, he's healthy and we're all doing well.

Ezekiel Josiah Daniel was born at 3:02am on Monday October 19th via emergency c-section. He weighed a SHOCKING 6 lbs 8oz and was 20 inches long. He was finally set free on Thursday 10/22 and we've been home but have had to take him to doctor appointments almost daily since.

I'll update with my birth story soon because just wow. It's long and intense and I know you all have been eagerly awaiting an update.

IMG_0533.jpeg

Awwww yay CO!!! He is adorable!! :) Must be so nice to be home with him despite the doctor's appointments. Hope you are both doing well!

Sorry to hear about the gbs Flueky!

Ok great so we have another fixed date to look forward to Azure! Hope you manage to get everything/most things finished with your house before then.

Congratulations Co_foster! That’s a great weight! He’s so precious. I can’t wait to hear your birth story, I’m very intrigued now. Glad to hear he’s home and I really hope you are healing well.

Aaawww cutie Joanna! Sorry to hear that you are also struggling with sleep deprivation. I hope you get longer stretches soon x

My 39 week appointment and scan is tomorrow. I have loads of questions for her and am quite anxious still. Regardless, he’ll be here soon! It feels so weird and unreal at the moment. I’m just happy to be on maternity leave as I’m soooo tired, definitely tired of being pregnant too but I’m cherishing the quiet moments before the storm!

Pine he's gorgeous. Cluster feeds are hard. I remember switching boobs constantly for like 2 hours with my 2nd starting at like 7 pm. It gets better and easier though.

Yessss! ](*,) There were several times in the first 2 weeks that he was feeding for 2 hours straight and I'd just burst out in tears bc I was convinced my milk wasn't satiating enough, and my back was hurting so bad from hunching over while nursing (no other way to do it sometimes!). Luckily, the phase of super long feedings is over, just very very frequent ones now!

I'm sorry about the GBS! That is stressful. Hope everything works out the way you want with the iv and that you'll be able to minimize the risks as much as possible. I'm sure everything will be just fine- and your sweet baby girl will be here soon, how exciting! <3

@AzureOrchid Omg 1st of November is sooo close! I'm so thrilled for you! :yipee:I hope you'll be able to get some sleep the nights before :lol: the 2 nights before my induction I just could nooot sleep, was way too excited thinking about babyboy arriving soon!

Pine - your bubba sounds like mine. I actually cried at 6am, after being up every 1.5-2 hours all night long feeding, I was just done. DH took baby out of the room this morning so I could sleep for 3 hours. It’s an amazing time but just so exhausting. Hang in there, it does get easier... but hard to imagine at this stage.

Aww, I'm so sorry hun (but also comforting to know I'm not alone with the super frequent feedings). What you said is identical to what happened several times in the last couple weeks- feeding him all night (sometimes with as little as 60-90 mins inbetween; he seems more hungry at night for some reason) then just being completely worn out in the morning & crying, and having my SO take him out of the room.

It's good to know it'll get easier - it already has, but I'm soo ready for the stage where he can comfortably go like at least 3-4 hours between feedings.

Happy 3 weeks Connor! What a cute litte smile! He is adorable :)

@co_fostermom Yaaayyyy!!! :wohoo: Massive congrats dear!!! And welcome to the world Ezekiel. <3 What an absolutely beautiful little boy.
Cant wait to hear your story and hope both of you are doing well, and that your recovery will be smooth and quick. Hugs!

Last edited:
Co congratulations! What a beautiful baby!

Pine those fussy evenings and cluster feeds are completely normal but so exhausting. I promise it gets easier!

I’m loving looking at these gorgeous babies! Sorry this is just a quick message. It’s all been so hectic here. My 3 year old has broken his leg, he’s being an absolute trooper about it but is in a full leg cast so as you can imagine it’s quite challenging at the moment! All seems well with the baby though, just a case of waiting for him/her to make an appearance!
Hopefully I can catch up properly soon!

Foster - congratulations, he’s adorable and I’m glad you are both doing well.

Jelly - so sorry about your son breaking his leg! How did he manage to do that?

Fern - yay for reaching 39 weeks... not much time left to go now!

Pine - I’m glad to hear the cluster feeds have slowed down... they do come and go but glad your getting a break for now.

AFM - I’m not sure if Connor is just eating too much, but the last couple days he’s been vomiting a lot. A lot more then just some spit up... its so violent at times that it comes out his nose! He’s been very fussy and I think his belly must be hurting. I’ll be calling the doctor if this persists. Poor little guy.

Joanna awww love this smile. I know they don't "social smile" yet but still so cute.

Oh no, poor guy. Hope it's just a rare occurrence and doesn't continue. I didn't have that issue with my girls so not sure.

Co he's adorable. I read your birth story on your journal and OMG that was intense. I'm sorry things didn't go as planned or smoothly but I'm glad you are both healthy. Don't try to be super mom it'll make your recovery take longer :hugs:

Fern can't wait to hear about your appt and scan. Ah yes, I'm trying to rest up now too in order to prepare for baby's arrival. Can't wait to see the rest of oir group's babies being born.

Pine glad it isn't marathon nursing sessions and just frequent ones. I think my 2nd started stretching feedings out more between 3 and 4 months. It might have been a little sooner and I'd get an occasional 4 hour stretch before then too. I just followed her cues.

Jelly omg I can't imagine a 3 year old in a full leg cast. I hope he heals quickly.

AFM had a disappointing appt yesterday. I'll try to update later as I need to practice a presentation I'm giving later today.

Hi everyone so we’ll have a baby tomorrow. The placenta has hardened and he has little amniotic fluid with reduced movement. I’m going in tomorrow at 5AM to have my waters broken, just had a stretch and sweep, but if baby shows any sign of distress we’ll have a cs. I’m very stressed but at the same time relieved to have a concrete plan and not sit at home and stress/worry about baby anymore.

Sorry to hear you didn’t have a nice appointment Flueky. It’s not nice to be worried or not have the answers you need so close to delivery. I hope everything turns out OK, whatever the problem is. X

Jellybean oh goodness your poor toddler! What happened? Are you all set for your home birth yet?

Fern!!! :happydance:How exciting! Hope all goes well, cant wait to see baby A! Sending you love - you got this!

Jelly- sorry about your bub breaking his leg! Poor little guy. :(

Joanna- same here! My little one has been spitting up and vomiting milk a lot more than usual this past week. Will bring it up at our docs appointment tomorrow. :/

He’s here! Born about 2 hrs ago without an epidural because it happened so fast. Worst pain of my life, never, never again. Everything went well though, no problems regarding the prolapse and he wasn’t in distress. Born with the cord around his neck.
Baby Armand, 3kg, 50cm, born 11:17 PM on 27 October

F1665A2B-BD3A-4706-A0A1-59169628CA60.jpeg

Fern I commented in your journal, but so happy he's here safe. I'm sorry you are having a lot of pain. I'm not sure what all is available in Africa vs US but the blue dermoplast spray and tucks pads really helped my pain down there pp after my 1st. Also, a donut cushion to sit on so you aren't sitting on your sore bits. I was giving ibuprofen for pain relief and took it frequently(not more often than prescribed) to keep pain from getting out of control.

Aww jellybean, sorry about your little guy breaking his leg. That must suck but glad he's being a trooper!

Joanna - hope all is okay with Connor!

Ahhh Fern, that's so exciting!!!! Yay!!! Congratulations! He is adorable!! :) Sorry about the pain but glad he came out safe and sound!

Hi all, just checking in, everything is going well with A and I, just a milk supply issue but working on it. My full birth story and updates are in my journal.

I keep stalking for the next babies to arrive! Azure it’s almost your turn for sure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->