• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

♡ January Snowdrops 2019 ♡

Emsa, I'm so sorry also about the lousy timing of the lay-off, that stinks.

I had my 34 week scan today and baby girl is in good position and 5lbs, 15 oz! I'm happy she's gone from 85th percentile to 80th. ;)

Beautiful photos Randa! I've got my maternity photos booked for tomorrow. I'm very excited to see how they turn out.

Went to the doctor today, and baby is head down and in the 90th percentile. He is a big dude for sure! I think he has dropped, because the pelvic pressure is so intense I can barely walk. I am SO uncomfortable and ready to be unpregnant, lol.

Apparently if GD is drug controlled, there is a slightly higher risk of stillbirth, hence MFM's concern. They have been keeping an eye on my GD this whole time, but I haven't been getting any NSTs. So I'll see what my OB says Friday.

I've got type 2 diabetes and it is being controlled by diet and insulin. Would that be considered drug controlled? I've been having NSTs since 32 weeks and he has passed all of them with flying colors

Thank you Missmarple :) That's good she’s the right way around & a good weight!

Jamers same for you too, these babies are officially getting ready now eeek! I’m with you on being unpregnant too.

Madtown I didn’t realise that was the case. Let us know what they say :hugs:

It’s another night of insomnia, restless body and headaches.. not impressed! I know I say it allll the time I just wish she’d come out already.

Just updating...I am currently in triage at l&d with regular contractions. They started out feeling like run of the mill braxton hicks but were coming every 5-6 minutes...called obgyn and he said go to the hospital to get checked. Contractions increased to every 4-5 minutes and mild low back pain that feels awfully similar to early labor last time.
Not effaced at all but 2cm dilated. She said could be because i had a baby recently but when i was checked in early pregnancy there was no mention of it then...

Anyway they've given me meds to try and stop contractions. I am in triage just waiting to see how things go for the next hour or two.

Eta...contractions have slowed. This medicine works quick!!! Still coming through -.-

Giggle I’m glad they’ve slowed down! Hopefully they stop completely, this ones an eager beaver

Lol! Hoped I'd get it easier this time around (third time's a charm, right?), but no such luck! I just hope he continues to bake and delivers much closer to his due date. I am not ready for him and i'm sure he isn't ready to be out yet!

Just updating...I am currently in triage at l&d with regular contractions. They started out feeling like run of the mill braxton hicks but were coming every 5-6 minutes...called obgyn and he said go to the hospital to get checked. Contractions increased to every 4-5 minutes and mild low back pain that feels awfully similar to early labor last time.
Not effaced at all but 2cm dilated. She said could be because i had a baby recently but when i was checked in early pregnancy there was no mention of it then...

Anyway they've given me meds to try and stop contractions. I am in triage just waiting to see how things go for the next hour or two.

Eta...contractions have slowed. This medicine works quick!!! Still coming through -.-
:hugs: What's the plan if they don't stop? Try and make it one more day to 34 weeks? I hope they completely stop. I'm not sure if it's possible or not to completely stop though because it didn't work for me sadly and I haven't researched it at all. Have they given you a steroid shot just in case?

Yes, got the lovely steroid shot in my bum (SUPER unpleasant) and will have to get a second later today. Also on antibiotics preemptively as I didn't make it long enough for strep test.

Contractions eased off quite a bit but they're back this morning. Waiting for more meds. Not sure the plan if they don't stop but at this point they don't seem to be changing my cervix so :shrug:

Getting hooked back up to monitor

Yes, got the lovely steroid shot in my bum (SUPER unpleasant) and will have to get a second later today. Also on antibiotics preemptively as I didn't make it long enough for strep test.

Contractions eased off quite a bit but they're back this morning. Waiting for more meds. Not sure the plan if they don't stop but at this point they don't seem to be changing my cervix so :shrug:

Getting hooked back up to monitor
The contractions didn't change my cervix either with DD2. It might be different because my water actually ruptured but I had to be induced at 34 weeks. If I had to guess they'll probably keep you in the hospital for as long as they can before either inducing you or you dilate naturally. The good news is if you do end up giving birth at 34 weeks or more your baby won't have a very long NICU stay. If I had to guess probably around 1 to 2 weeks depending on when you give birth. With DD1 my contractions actually did force me to dilate. I was already 3cm dilated from nothing by the time I got to the hospital 30 minutes away. If I remember correctly I was in labor with her for 36 hours before giving birth.

Dr has said goal is to NOT have me go into labor yet, so doubt they'll induce. I live fairly close to the hospital so i'm thinking they want to slow these down, will discharge me later with modified bed rest and come back in if any changes. Just a guess though...cervix looks good so far (outter os dilated but inner os is closed). No waters and no plug/blood :thumbup:

Fortunately the contractions are FINALLY decreasing without meds! Yay!

Dr has said goal is to NOT have me go into labor yet, so doubt they'll induce. I live fairly close to the hospital so i'm thinking they want to slow these down, will discharge me later with modified bed rest and come back in if any changes. Just a guess though...cervix looks good so far (outter os dilated but inner os is closed). No waters and no plug/blood :thumbup:

Fortunately the contractions are FINALLY decreasing without meds! Yay!
Is it because they're not causing you to dilate? (Going home) Are they painful contractions? I'm really happy for you that he's going to be staying put.

They are only mildly painful in my lower back, but these hospital beds are uncomfortable as all get out so they may be a contributing factor!

Anyway no progression in my cervix as yet but they will check again I guess...and baby is not in any distress so that is why in is better than out right now.

They are only mildly painful in my lower back, but these hospital beds are uncomfortable as all get out so they may be a contributing factor!

Anyway no progression in my cervix as yet but they will check again I guess...and baby is not in any distress so that is why in is better than out right now.
Good I hope it all settles down now till baby's done cooking, all the best

Thanks Molly. The contractions have picked up again...I am just hoping I am not dilating and they are just an annoyance. Recheck soon.

Thanks Molly. The contractions have picked up again...I am just hoping I am not dilating and they are just an annoyance. Recheck soon.
Oh no :(, I'm really sorry the contractions have picked up again. Do the cervix checks hurt you at all? I have a cervix check tomorrow at my doctor's appointment and I'm worried it's going to hurt like it did when I was in labor. Just curious but do they have you on a magnesium drip? That's what they put me on with DD1, it felt like my head was run over by a truck. I'm going to keep checking back for your update to see whether or not you dilated. I'm hoping for the best for you and I'm sorry the hospital beds are so uncomfortable.

Sorry I'm just popping in and haven't read through everything yet but I just wanted to wish you luck Gigglebox. I hope the contractions stop or at least continue not to dilate you so your little boy can stay put for a bit longer!

Thanks ladies...unfortunately i am now 1cm dilated and 50% effaced :( the nurse has tried to reassure me that it's entirely possible things will stop/not progress from here and the contractions can slow/stop but I am so insanely nervous. My contractions had slowed to 20-30 minites but are back up to 5-6 minites. We'll see...going to be rechecked in 30-90 minutes I think.

Just trying to take things as they come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->