• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

♡ January Snowdrops 2019 ♡

Thanks ladies...unfortunately i am now 1cm dilated and 50% effaced :( the nurse has tried to reassure me that it's entirely possible things will stop/not progress from here and the contractions can slow/stop but I am so insanely nervous. My contractions had slowed to 20-30 minites but are back up to 5-6 minites. We'll see...going to be rechecked in 30-90 minutes I think.

Just trying to take things as they come.
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

It's ok mama, everything's going to be ok. You will get through this even if your precious boy decides he wants to greet the world early. I'll be waiting for your updates.

Praying that your contractions stop giggle. How scary!

My husband took a few pictures of me today, and I'll have a few professional ones shortly. My bump is HUGE
received_1140664159441785.jpeg received_783253012051219.jpeg

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers!

UPDATE: no change in a couple hours and contractions have slowed! Yay! I will be on meds to try and stop the contractions and on modified bed rest but I got to leave. i do have to come back if the contractions come on again or (obviously) any fluid leaking, bleeding, etc. best case scenario for now so i am happy.

Jamers cute pics! Who made that amazing quilt???

UPDATE: no change in a couple hours and contractions have slowed! Yay! I will be on meds to try and stop the contractions and on modified bed rest but I got to leave. i do have to come back if the contractions come on again or (obviously) any fluid leaking, bleeding, etc. best case scenario for now so i am happy.

Glad to hear things have slowed down! Take it easy and hopefully your boy will keep cooking a little longer

And thank you! My mother in law actually made it. She has made one for my nieces and nephews (dh is the youngest of 3). It has puppy pawprints on the back, in honor of his 2 fur siblings

So glad you got to go home!!!! Let's hope he decides to stay put!! :wohoo:

Jamers what a thoughtful gift. Any significance to the color scheme? I love quilts! Never made one though.

So the latest here...none of the pharmacies have the meds I need to help stop contractions. I am waiting for them to be delivered to my local walmart which won't be until after 4, go figure. I am supposed to be taking it 3x a day and as of now it'll be almost 22 hours since my last dose. I've definitely been contracting today but they are spaced out a ton so that's good, only a couple in an hour or so. I am supposed to go in if they start coming less than 10 minutes apart.

The thing that has me mildly freaked is I may have lost a bit if plug...no blood in it but that super gelatinous glob, maybe the size of my thumb nail...if y'all have ever seen it you know what it looks like! Gross! I hear it's not uncommon though and seeing I am 1cm now I'm not surprised...I'll call if I see much more.

Kiwi how much did your 34-weeker weigh?
She was 5lb 3oz. I had GD with her though, so I think she was probably a little on the bigger side for 34w. I hope you get your meds soon. :hugs:

Last edited:
Giggle I hope you are doing okay.. it must be hard but remember that 34 weeks is still great.. and hopefully you can keep him in a little longer. I havent had a premier but I was born at 35 weeks almost 6 lbs and completely healthy..so try not to stress.

I'm unexpectedly officially done work. I work up with contractions this morning at 4. Got 3-5 minutes apart, lasting for 40 seconds is for 6 hours and then they stopped completely.... So frustrated.. now I'm in limbo and I feel like I could basically have a baby now until after my due date... I so don't want a Christmas baby...lol

Haha cb sounds like we're in the same boat just at different gestations! I also was pretty excited to be skipping an xmas baby...oops. I am hoping so much to make it to January at least...

Anyway did you go to l&d or just monitor at home? Glad they stopped for ya.

Kiwi i have big babies (over 9 lbs) so I suspect/hope this guy is on the larger side, too.

UGHGHH THE F***ING WALMART LIED!!! They tell me NOW the meds are back ordered!!! And I'm contracting again, next closest place that has this med is 25 minutes away and they said it may take an HOUR to get the script sent over!!! i am freaking out y'all.

Oh no giggle! Try to stay calm- being stressed won't help.

I just monitered at home.. I knew my contractions were not strong enough to go in yet. But I definitely was prepared for today to be the day

UGHGHH THE F***ING WALMART LIED!!! They tell me NOW the meds are back ordered!!! And I'm contracting again, next closest place that has this med is 25 minutes away and they said it may take an HOUR to get the script sent over!!! i am freaking out y'all.
Giggle: :hugs: stay strong mama, even though I know it's hard. If he does end up coming early they will probably talk to you about all of the risks involved. I attached a photo from Google, not to worry you but just to be informative to everyone else in our group.

CB: we should be more sensitive to her situation. Not every baby is going to react the same to being born early. Being born at 35 weeks vs 34 weeks makes a huge difference. A 34-week baby does have higher chances of being stable while in the NICU but it doesn't come without risks. I've had two premature babies and honestly they were both difficult. Even though my daughter who was born at 27 weeks soared through the NICU with flying colors there were other babies that were born around the same time as her and didn't make it. A lot of them even had to have blood transfusions, and that was at 27 weeks. When my 34 weeker was born it was the hardest thing for me to deal with because I couldn't take her home and she had to stay in the hospital for over 9 days. It's not easy to deal with when your child is in the hospital and you can't take them home with you or breastfeed them right away let alone the risks that come along with a baby being born early. I know it's hard for people who have never given birth to a premature baby to sympathize with the situation but just know, it's not a walk in the park even at 34 weeks. Maybe I'm just being overly sensitive or hormonal.

Screenshot_20181221-170230.jpg

Last edited:
Oh I am fully aware that every premature birth is different...every baby in general is different.. I just really try to be on the optimistic side of every thing as much as possible...wasn't trying to be insensitive.. sorry if I've offended you in any way kiwi

Thanks ladies, to both of you.

Honestly I am already freaking out about worst case scenarios so I really do appreciate the positive stories as well.

Currently contracting regularly again...but I am cleared to stay home unless they get 10 minutes apart or less. They are 12-13 right now. Finally got my meds and just hoping it wasn't too late.

Prayers & positive thoughts are appreciated!!!

Hope you are ok giggle, praying for you. And pray that your contractions stop till due time.

Looks like I spoke too soon about feeling ok. :( I'm still getting over this cold and was leaning over the sink this morning to cough out some phlegm *sorry tmi* and pop! My rib is either dislocated or broken. Went to emerg but they obviously can't do xrays so their sending me home with xtra strength tylenol, muscle rub and an inhaler for the cough. I'm in so much pain it hurts to breath let alone move or do anything. I hope this can heal up asap I can't imagine pushing out baby with this pain! I'm in tears just getting into the vehicle.

Giggle, I am thinking of you and hoping baby stays put!

So, not only am I now doing weekly NSTs, I'm actually doing them twice a week. Probably because of my previous pre-term birth. It's not a big deal, but I am literally at the doctor every day now. I also managed to lose 2 lbs last week, so that also is concerning. But I'm eating and drinking as best I can, so there isn't much I can do about that.

I have made it to 36w6d, so if I can make it just one more day, baby will be full term. I'm still very anxious, but less freaked out than I was Thursday. As much as I'm over this pregnancy, I really do want the best for this baby, and if baking longer is best, then that's what I want.

Giggle: I wish you all the best hun and I hope the contractions slowed down now that you have your meds.

Molly: that's so horrible, I'm so sorry you're in so much pain. I really hope for your sake that nothing's broken and you just have a bruise or sprain.

Madtown: what was the reason you gave birth prematurely last time? I don't have weekly NST's and I've given birth to 2 preemies before this pregnancy. They have used the Doppler every week though and I'm going in for cervix checks now that my makena shots are over. Did you have to have the Makena shot?

AFM: one more day for me and I'll be considered term!! I'm so excited!! :happydance:

Last edited:
Oh my gosh this thread is cursed! :rofl: I am so sorry to all you ladies dealing with extra complications!

Molly so sorry to hear about your rib! That sounds excruciating :(

Mad & Kiwi yay for full term!

Gosh reading all of these posts makes me feel bad that I was coming here to kvetch about my smaller problem.

I had a dinner party yesterday and made a beautiful gourmet meal (for only 3 people :oops:) and today I am so exhausted I've done almost nothing. I miss sleeping without being awoken every 30 minutes to pee or by a nightmare or weird dream.

Also the alarm went off this morning right before I could open the envelope the butler gave me (no, I don't have a butler, lol) and I've spent all day wondering what was inside.

Hope everybody has a safe and healthy weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->