♡ January Snowdrops 2019 ♡

Ems oh lala look at that beautiful ring!!! Congratulations!!!

Bbb hey ya never know, i know I haven't delivered yet but i've never been this progressed without being in full blown labor (40+3 and 39+3). So who knows!

I do feel this will be another big boy for his GA. I have an ultrasound on Wednesday so I'll see about how big he is...

Wrig yes the MESS! It's the one thing I don't so much like about the holidays...plus I don't like how empty the house looks after all the decorations come down. For that reason I leave them up usually til after the new year.

Mwel so cute! That may be one of the best face shots I've seen!

Thank you! It took going 3 times bc he was so stubborn. lol!

Hi ladies. Glad everyone seems to be doing well..

I came home yesterday afternoon and relaxed on the couch with dH for the evening went to bed and just before midnight my water broke lol.
So back in hospital now when I first came in I was 1cm but they haven't checked again yet cause I had morphine and crashed out for few hours..contractions were strong as soon as I got here.
Wow!! I hope it's all going well for you hun. How far along are you? I can't wait for updates!! :happydance:
We had our 4D ultrasound a few weeks ago and this is Gavin Tyler and he looks identical to his sister. Cheeks and all <3

View attachment 1051523
Omg Gavin is just too cute hun! <3 He's even smiling! :cloud9: Oh boy.... shaving is sok much harder pregnant isn't it? I just shaved recently too lol.
Look at all these little babies! Congratulations !

I’m struggling to keep on top of the post Christmas mess, toy packaging etc everywhere

Should hear any day now when my c section is going to be!

Can’t wait to have this baby lol my smell cravings are awful!
Are you still craving laundry soap hun lol?
Congratulations jamers! Good luck too molly!

Giggle I reckon I’ll end up a part of the February group. There is NO WAY I’ll go early, I never have that sort of luck!
I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas with lots of food & family around <3

Also, this happened last night..

View attachment 1051524
Congratuations hun!! What a lovely ring too!! :cloud9:
I also will end up with a February baby! I’ve never gone into labour, only ever been induced so I don’t expect this time to be any different. So where I am getting very uncomfortable, I know I have a while yet and I’ve not even purchased everything yet:coffee:

Good luck Molly, I look forward to your update.

And congratulations Emsabub!

I feel you with the post Christmas mess and smell cravings too wriggley. My living can’t cope with the influx of toys and neither can my hips tidying it all. What smell cravings do you have? I have a small list of things that make my mouth water. They are all fresh and cleaning scents, like pure aire freshener, window cleaner, screen wash and my favourite I’ve mentioned before lavender and camomile Bold *drool*
I'm struggling with the Christmas mess too. Toys everywhere!! I haven't even gotten around to posting the Christmas pictures! :(

Ems oh lala look at that beautiful ring!!! Congratulations!!!

Bbb hey ya never know, i know I haven't delivered yet but i've never been this progressed without being in full blown labor (40+3 and 39+3). So who knows!

I do feel this will be another big boy for his GA. I have an ultrasound on Wednesday so I'll see about how big he is...

Wrig yes the MESS! It's the one thing I don't so much like about the holidays...plus I don't like how empty the house looks after all the decorations come down. For that reason I leave them up usually til after the new year.

Mwel so cute! That may be one of the best face shots I've seen!
I feel like this baby boy is going to be huge as well!!!

Thank you girls!! Still in a bit of shock!

ER I completely missed that photo you posted! How lovely *i tried to put in the emoji with heart eyes but it wouldn’t let me* !

Last edited:
Congrats Jamers and ER! And Ems on your engagement! Mwel, that's a great picture and a very cute little guy!!

Molly, good luck and I'll be checking in for updates!!

I had a midwife appt today, and have fallen a few more centimetres behind, so went for an ultrasound. Waiting to hear back from my midwife, but I'm guessing everything is okay and baby is just small compared to my boys. I really want this little lady to come soon - I'm really running out of energy and dread going to work for another 8 days!

Last edited:
Kiwi, based on nothing in particular I bet you have the first 2019 baby. Why do you think he'll be so big?

Who was it who asked about less fetal movement? I forgot to comment on that earlier. I absolutely do NOT feel less movement, and in fact feel like he is too active sometimes! It hurts when he stretches as far as he can and his foot presses into my side. I can't tell if it's his heel or toes but man, it hurts! So pointy! :haha: actually the other night I was woken out of sleep thinking I was having big contractions but as I laid there and got my wits I realized it was him just shoving around in there :roll: here's to hoping he sleeps better outside the uterus.

Not long now Randa! I hope you just have a smaller bub this time, though sometimes those measurements mean nothing at all.

I wouldn't say I have less movement either. Yesterday it felt like she might have turned completely around, butt facing right to butt facing left! lol.

I've got my 36 week appointment next week, but unfortunately my doctor is out of town so it's with somebody I've never met. All these early babies are making me nervous!

My biggest problems right now continue to be a complete inability to sleep comfortably/not pee every 10 minutes and therefore feeling dog tired all day.

I've been invited to go swimming at an indoor pool with a friend visiting from out of town on Saturday. I found an old suit I can fit in, but I'm sure everybody will enjoy the whale watching. :oops:

Kiwi, based on nothing in particular I bet you have the first 2019 baby. Why do you think he'll be so big?

Who was it who asked about less fetal movement? I forgot to comment on that earlier. I absolutely do NOT feel less movement, and in fact feel like he is too active sometimes! It hurts when he stretches as far as he can and his foot presses into my side. I can't tell if it's his heel or toes but man, it hurts! So pointy! :haha: actually the other night I was woken out of sleep thinking I was having big contractions but as I laid there and got my wits I realized it was him just shoving around in there :roll: here's to hoping he sleeps better outside the uterus.

Not long now Randa! I hope you just have a smaller bub this time, though sometimes those measurements mean nothing at all.

Definitely not less movement. More if anything. He wakes me up in the middle of the night moving around. I have had a bad headache and nausea the last few days though. Not sure what is causing it but I went to the doctor yesterday and didn't have anything show up in labs or anything? Not sure but it's making finding something I WANT to eat a challenge. The dreaded strep B test was awful. I knew it would be but man, I feel so violated and now I'm spotting. Ugh!

My due date was the 24th and she had been saying she wanted to get me in on the 17th but now it is looking like the 21st bc we can't get anything scheduled. Everything is already booked. :(

So does anyone know how many babies have been born in our group? I'm about to go through and count. lol!

I think 4 or 5 have been born.. which isn't crazy... But it is a lot of early babies. Especially with those who are still trying to keep some cooking longer.

I definitely don't have less movement either,but I know it can be a sign of a big baby. As long as they are still active it's nothing to worry about.

I feel like I can't eat anymore ever. I eat like 3 bites and feel full and then suffer with heartburn for hours after.

Did some serious nesting yesterday and I'm totally paying for it now. I could barely walk last night, but moving furniture probably wasn't the smartest of ideas. All I want is for this baby to hang in until Jan 1 and then she can come anytime! As much as I'm ready to be done, Im still hoping for a beginning of the year baby. With my luck she will be overdue and I'll still have another 3 weeks.

I think the weird thing about the early babies is there is only a handful of us active on this thread (maybe 10 or so?) and nearly half have given birth already. If you look on the first post there is a list of everyone due January but the vast majority don't chat on here. Last two times I was pregnant and chatting with ladies due near the same time, I believe there was one premie each time (28 weeks and 34? I think). So this is a bit strange!

Mwel what was with your test?! Spotting? I've only had an external simple swab. Definitely awkward but no worse than a cervical check.

Country easy with the moving furniture stuff! That sounds exhausting right now. I did however get the nesting bug myself weeks before last and assembled an entire crib and moved it, as well as pulled out my baby clothes and rearranged the dresser so I could put them away. So I get it lol...and given my current state I'm glad I took care of all that already.

Sadly the baby's room won't be updated, decor-wise, like I wanted to do...but oh well!

Thank you Randa! They usually say girls are smaller than bits from what I’d read, maybe she’ll just be a little dot. Those 8 days will soon go, then you can enjoy a nice break!

Missmarple nobody will be looking at you, I’m sure you’re not that big anyway! As for the sleeping, hopefully not much longer and It’ll calm down.. new baby aside!

Mwel they have a habit of being playful at night don’t they! That’s a good thing though nothing cake yo, as frustrating as it sounds :( When will you get the result of strep B? And who knows maybe there will be w cancellation or some early spontaneous labours and you can get in sooner!

Country is that right about less being bigger? Aaah I hope not! All I ever get is jabs in the side! Why were you moving furniture?! You’re mad! January 1st is only days isn’t that far now, so close! Don’t worry, I’d you go overdue you won’t be the only one, I know this one won’t move anytime soon

Giggle I’m not always around sometimes, I have periods of active then nothing at all. I’m awful for lurking. Nesting sounds like such a nice thing, I’m just too lazy for anything :( I’d love a clean house.

Can’t believe I only have a week left on Monday. It’s getting scary now.

Aww Ems don't worry! You got this! I know Ava is still a bit young but does she "get" that a little sister is on the way?

I think the weird thing about the early babies is there is only a handful of us active on this thread (maybe 10 or so?) and nearly half have given birth already. If you look on the first post there is a list of everyone due January but the vast majority don't chat on here. Last two times I was pregnant and chatting with ladies due near the same time, I believe there was one premie each time (28 weeks and 34? I think). So this is a bit strange!

Mwel what was with your test?! Spotting? I've only had an external simple swab. Definitely awkward but no worse than a cervical check.

Country easy with the moving furniture stuff! That sounds exhausting right now. I did however get the nesting bug myself weeks before last and assembled an entire crib and moved it, as well as pulled out my baby clothes and rearranged the dresser so I could put them away. So I get it lol...and given my current state I'm glad I took care of all that already.

Sadly the baby's room won't be updated, decor-wise, like I wanted to do...but oh well!

Okay so they put a swab and hold it in your vagina for a few seconds and then swab and then they take another swab and put it in your bottom and swab....it's awful!!! It's how they do it here in Alabama though. I didn't have it with Gabby so I'm hoping for the same with this little guy.

Yes, furniture moving sounds like such a chore right now. I don't think I would be able to breathe after. I barely want to move. I took a pic of my bump yesterday. My little ball. lol!0ed05f07-cdec-4e16-bde2-870ac7670b67.jpg c93c45cd-22db-4093-94ab-4d5f7bb3f1da.jpg

You look so cute, mwel!
Ah, they put the swab right in your bum?! That's definitely more invasive than my experiences with the GBS test. They send is to the bathroom with a long and skinny swab and you just insert into the vagina yourself and then remove and swipe backwards like wiping.

You look so cute, mwel!
Ah, they put the swab right in your bum?! That's definitely more invasive than my experiences with the GBS test. They send is to the bathroom with a long and skinny swab and you just insert into the vagina yourself and then remove and swipe backwards like wiping.

I’m sorry just to vent randomly but I’m so frustrated, moved house on the 19th and it’s been Christmas so had family(mum, dad and 1 extra child round) and my neighbours on Boxing Day submitted a noise complaint!!! Apparently people arriving/leaving causing noise, it’s only been 4 people who come straight in and banging and screaming of children playing and children up to midnight which really isn’t the case. On the first night my 2 year old woke at 2:30am crying but apart from that they are in bed anytime between 7 and 8:30 and sleep through. They really went to town on this complaint, throwing loads of accusations around after a week during Christmas holidays. Even complained about parking but said nothing to my face so now it looks like I won’t stay here long term if the neighbours are going to make me feel uncomfortable. I dread what they will say when I have my newborn wake in the night:-( I’m now keeping a diary of when the children go to bed and wake up, so if it happened again I can tell them what time they actually go to bed. It really gets me when people clearly make these claims with the hope I would get evicted if they do it for long enough when I have two small children and heavily pregnant.
I really encourage the children to play and steer them away from televisions and gadgets etc because I think children learn the most while playing.
Luckily the lettings agents were understand and know children won’t be silent all day.

Oh my gosh, what Grinchy new neighbours you have :( I'm so sorry they did that - they could have spoken with you at least! But it sounds like they are just totally unreasonable and looking for things to be upset about.

I’m sorry just to vent randomly but I’m so frustrated, moved house on the 19th and it’s been Christmas so had family(mum, dad and 1 extra child round) and my neighbours on Boxing Day submitted a noise complaint!!! Apparently people arriving/leaving causing noise, it’s only been 4 people who come straight in and banging and screaming of children playing and children up to midnight which really isn’t the case. On the first night my 2 year old woke at 2:30am crying but apart from that they are in bed anytime between 7 and 8:30 and sleep through. They really went to town on this complaint, throwing loads of accusations around after a week during Christmas holidays. Even complained about parking but said nothing to my face so now it looks like I won’t stay here long term if the neighbours are going to make me feel uncomfortable. I dread what they will say when I have my newborn wake in the night:-( I’m now keeping a diary of when the children go to bed and wake up, so if it happened again I can tell them what time they actually go to bed. It really gets me when people clearly make these claims with the hope I would get evicted if they do it for long enough when I have two small children and heavily pregnant.
I really encourage the children to play and steer them away from televisions and gadgets etc because I think children learn the most while playing.
Luckily the lettings agents were understand and know children won’t be silent all day.

Giggle she kind of does, she knows that there will be another person here with all the baby stuff around, she keeps saying ‘aisy (Daisy) hurry up’ it’s so sweet.

Mwel that sounds so intrusive. In the UK here all they did was send off the urine sample, sometimes blood, then it would come back as positive or negative. It’s not really fair to put you through all that. That bump is so lovely though! Those little handprints on the T-shirt too, aw!

Bbb they sound like some right miserable people. If they put in enough complaints hopefully the agents will do something about them, they’re the problem not you.

Oh my gosh, what Grinchy new neighbours you have :( I'm so sorry they did that - they could have spoken with you at least! But it sounds like they are just totally unreasonable and looking for things to be upset about.

The letting agents said they have been spoilt because the house had been empty for months so hopefully just an adjustment period. They also said the walls are ‘paper thin’ but if that really is the case they should of told me that when I said I have a two year old and three year old surely! I’m by no means antisocial, I don’t play music, or have tv loud. I don’t even have friends over, only my immediate family so any noise must just be Day to day living. I’m trying to be even more considerate and my children go to preschool in January so hopefully that will please them.

Emsa, your ring is beautiful, congratulations!

I've definitely done some nesting, I've built most of the baby stuff like strollers and bassinet and a toy box somebody sent, although I haven't laundered any baby clothes or blankets and my bathrooms and refrigerator need cleaning big time. I do have my freezer stuffed with some meals for afterwards, like soups, beans, spaghetti sauce, and some raw meat. Luckily I'm having a winter baby. :D

I get the strep test on 1/9. I think it's a swab here too. I feel like with all of my medical issues I'm used to invasive tests, so hopefully it won't bother me much. I saw somebody in another thread complaining about how getting blood drawn is one of the worst parts of pregnancy, and to someone with my history, it's like she's from a different planet! She's a lucky lady if that's the worst thing that's ever happened to her.

BBB, I'm sorry about the lousy neighbors. I think keeping a noise diary is going to be the best thing you can do, good idea. You could also try taking a few cell phone videos of the kids playing.

DH is getting really fussy over me and doesn't want me to go swimming tomorrow because it's 23 miles away. I haven't had any signs of labor or contractions at all, and I haven't seen my girlfriend in over a year. Plus I think it's exaggerating to call what I'll be doing swimming... more like floating! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->